Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards out with Covid ? 11:34 - Dec 20 with 1158 viewsmarkchips

Missing on Saturday , so assume he is one of the ones in contact ?

Strangely has not affected his assists and goals scored column because he hasn't done anything yet. Hope McKenna can help there as he works hard, just no end product yet.
Edwards out with Covid ? on 11:50 - Dec 20 with 1085 viewsjeera

He was really popular in his first few games and looked the part.

I am probably imagining it but did he play on the right for a few of those?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Edwards out with Covid ? on 12:01 - Dec 20 with 1016 viewsitfcjoe

He lives with Harper as well, who was a notable absentee from the FA Cup game at Barrow

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Edwards out with Covid ? on 12:03 - Dec 20 with 989 viewsStokieBlue

Edwards out with Covid ? on 11:50 - Dec 20 by jeera

He was really popular in his first few games and looked the part.

I am probably imagining it but did he play on the right for a few of those?

I'm hopeful that given McKenna is supposed to be a good coach that we haven't seen the best of Edwards yet.

SB
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 12:03]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Edwards out with Covid ? on 12:06 - Dec 20 with 952 viewsclive_baker

Edwards out with Covid ? on 12:01 - Dec 20 by itfcjoe

He lives with Harper as well, who was a notable absentee from the FA Cup game at Barrow

I heard it was a player that came into contact with a housemate who tested postive, so that would make the most sense.

Edwards certainly seems to lack a bit of end product, but in his defence he's not one of these wingers who goes missing for long periods between doing the occasional step over, he puts a shift in and does his bit defensively. I like him, just need to see him add some assists and goals to his game. Think he could be collateral damage if we're to stick with the wingbacks though, although not sure that will be the longer term plan under KM.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Edwards out with Covid ? on 12:09 - Dec 20 with 920 viewstractorboy1978

Edwards out with Covid ? on 12:06 - Dec 20 by clive_baker

I heard it was a player that came into contact with a housemate who tested postive, so that would make the most sense.

Edwards certainly seems to lack a bit of end product, but in his defence he's not one of these wingers who goes missing for long periods between doing the occasional step over, he puts a shift in and does his bit defensively. I like him, just need to see him add some assists and goals to his game. Think he could be collateral damage if we're to stick with the wingbacks though, although not sure that will be the longer term plan under KM.

I think he could play LWB. He's defensively pretty sound and disciplined as you mentioned. And Penney stood out like a sore thumb as our weak link on Saturday despite being the best option available at the moment.
Edwards out with Covid ? on 12:14 - Dec 20 with 861 viewsitfcjoe

Edwards out with Covid ? on 12:06 - Dec 20 by clive_baker

Yep, whilst Edwards hasn't got the numbers yet, some of that is down to team mates not taking chances.

He is a constant threat, and does his defensive work well - I really rate him and think we have a special player on our hands, but just need to find a way to harness thaf

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Edwards out with Covid ? on 12:15 - Dec 20 with 844 viewsfranz_tyson

Going to be interesting which players could flourish under McKenna. We don’t even know what formation he prefers.

I do wonder if he’ll go for a similar 3-5-2 starting line up as we had with Sunderland. Can’t see him making too many changes and he can’t learn everything about the players in a week.
Edwards out with Covid ? on 13:02 - Dec 20 with 655 viewsjeera

Edwards out with Covid ? on 12:03 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

I'm hopeful that given McKenna is supposed to be a good coach that we haven't seen the best of Edwards yet.

SB
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 12:03]

Let's hope so.

But was he played on the right in a few of his first few games here when he looked sharp.

Which he did look sharp and plenty of us were thrilled at the time.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Edwards out with Covid ? on 13:19 - Dec 20 with 586 viewsGlasgowBlue

Edwards out with Covid ? on 12:01 - Dec 20 by itfcjoe

Didn’t JM say that a couple of the squad were pinged?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Edwards out with Covid ? on 13:54 - Dec 20 with 458 viewsNthQldITFC

Whilst he doesn't have any goals or official assists yet, he has been terrorising full backs and getting them very much on the back foot. So he has still been having a serious (if not direct) impact on games. He's also chipped in well defensively, and would make a great wing back if we stick with this 3-5-2-ish system, which I think we should.

He's young, and it won't take much quality coaching to get him to take half a yard off once he's beaten his man, in order to get quality shots or crosses in. He's going to be a great player for us, I think, and I hope we can give him more encouragement than criticism, although he does seem pretty robust mentally from what I've seen of him.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024