Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... 17:16 - Dec 20 with 6936 viewsBluearmy71

Not rather impressed by KM

He came across well, I love his confidence in his own ability, his game plan from the outset would appear to be what we call "the Ipswich way" by the sounds of it he's gonna find coached that are dedicated to the 4 different areas of the pitch, the training ground is gonna be hard work but also fun!

I think he's ticked a few boxes that were not even there to tick!!

The stand out thing for me he said though was (not a direct quote) he could tell from watching Saturday that no one has given up......(the most import bit for me is the following) and no one wants to be anywhere else!! That for me is huge and imo that was exactly the position with Dozzel and Downes and maybe a couple who knew there was no renewal coming for them, their heads were not fully on the game for us at the time and it showed in their playing, its great that he can't see any of that although he really shouldn't given how new most are to the squad.

Exciting times ahead on the good ship ITFC!!
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 17:19]
Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:25 - Dec 20 with 4211 viewsKeno

well I like him but not everyone does ....

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:29 - Dec 20 with 4189 viewsSwansea_Blue

I assume you mean "now rather impressed"? I haven't watched the video, as I've been put off watching or listening to any of our managers over about the last 5 years after neverending lame excuses for ineptness.

I'm tempted to give it a watch now though.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:34 - Dec 20 with 4150 viewsOsborneOneNil

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:29 - Dec 20 by Swansea_Blue

I assume you mean "now rather impressed"? I haven't watched the video, as I've been put off watching or listening to any of our managers over about the last 5 years after neverending lame excuses for ineptness.

It's a good watch. He's not the most exciting individual to listen to, BUT, I like what he has to say and am now excited for the future.

Again.
Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:36 - Dec 20 with 4144 viewssuffolkpoker

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:29 - Dec 20 by Swansea_Blue

If you want to listen to person who understands football coaching and how to manage, i highly reccomend listening to him.

to say im now excited its an understatement.

so refreshing to have an articulate manager with a deep understanding of the game. #impressed

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:39 - Dec 20 with 4113 viewsSevenT8

The thing that shone through for me was how serious, professional and focused he Is. It is very easy to be liked, but much harder to be respected. He hasn’t trying to curry favour by being a court jester (see Cook for details). Zero BS from KM. I like it.

Poll: When will Gamechanger cancel their visit on Saturday? (GMT)

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:45 - Dec 20 with 4068 viewsDinDjarin

I think it is exactly the type of appointment required for where we are currently.

We keep getting managers who have been successful elsewhere who come here and fail.

Lets get one on the up and let him earn his stripes with us. It may be that he gets poached in a yr or two but that would mean we are on the right track by then.
Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:52 - Dec 20 with 4042 viewsStokieBlue

Watching things is overrated.

You need to form your opinions by watching on the radio or reading two quotes of text.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:54 - Dec 20 with 4023 viewsSimonds92

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:36 - Dec 20 by suffolkpoker

If you want to listen to person who understands football coaching and how to manage, i highly reccomend listening to him.

so refreshing to have an articulate manager with a deep understanding of the game. #impressed

I think you can take what you want from initial interviews. Cook was extremely positive about everything when he came in. The guy clearly knows his technical stuff but im on the fence at the minute as we don't know how he manages personalities. Its easy enough to be everyones mate when you're not making the final decisions on everything so the real test will be whether the players buy in to what he's trying to achieve.
Login to get fewer ads

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:08 - Dec 20 with 3941 viewsBlueBadger

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:52 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

You need to form your opinions by watching on the radio or reading two quotes of text.

SB

That's where you can REALLY spot the smarm.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:13 - Dec 20 with 3902 viewschrismakin

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:52 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

SB

Or using stats to compare celina with others, but not Norwood and others ;)

evening SB.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:15 - Dec 20 with 3894 viewsSwansea_Blue

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 17:36 - Dec 20 by suffolkpoker

There was enough there to hint at a deep knowledge, although I don't think we saw much of it in that interview. No criticism intended, as it's only a welcome interview and he did say a lot of good things.

I've been hoping we'd get a student of the game for years, and I think we may have one based more on Magilton's comments when he says he's one of the best prepared coaches he's ever seen, with great attention to detail combined with a huge work ethic. That sounds a bit like another N Irishman to me: Brendan Rodgers. Magilton also says he's an excellent man manager, which is again similar to Rodgers. If he's 2/3rds the manager Rodgers is we'll do just fine.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:16 - Dec 20 with 3890 viewsBlueBadger

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:13 - Dec 20 by chrismakin

evening SB.

I look forward to you turning up tomorrow to offer up a thousand word hot take on why he's the best appointment since Sir Bobby.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:16 - Dec 20 with 3891 viewsArnieM

I dont think he ever said “ if”, only “ when”. He exudes confidence which if the players don’t pick up on and finally believe , then they’re not for this Club !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:16 - Dec 20 with 3887 viewsxrayspecs

I thought he came across well - what he said rather than the delivery.

His coaching pedigree is superb. Managing is a new role for him, so Pert and Ashton are going to be key for KM, and I am sure will be.

Most exciting new manager appointment since GB and shows again that the new owners mean business.
Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:19 - Dec 20 with 3851 viewschrismakin

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:16 - Dec 20 by BlueBadger

I look forward to you turning up tomorrow to offer up a thousand word hot take on why he's the best appointment since Sir Bobby.

We'll see, so far not liking it. Heard all the bull about front foot football, attacking the opponents etc before. This league needs more than that.

I look forward to seeing you mention Man UTD which will no doubt come up every 5 minutes as the press conferences continue.

TBH tho will any of us give a sht if we're winning nope. But first impressions, don't like him. Came across as someone reading out his CV to the class. But hey ho, that's opinions.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:21 - Dec 20 with 3852 viewsMonarchOfTheGlen

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:19 - Dec 20 by chrismakin

We'll see, so far not liking it. Heard all the bull about front foot football, attacking the opponents etc before. This league needs more than that.

I look forward to seeing you mention Man UTD which will no doubt come up every 5 minutes as the press conferences continue.

TBH tho will any of us give a sht if we're winning nope. But first impressions, don't like him. Came across as someone reading out his CV to the class. But hey ho, that's opinions.

and some opinions are better than others I suppose.
Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:22 - Dec 20 with 3836 viewsBlueBadger

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:19 - Dec 20 by chrismakin

Ah, the classic TWTD 'double down'.

You were much better when you had your own thing going on, not this Bluefish tribute act.

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:33 - Dec 20 with 3787 viewsOsborneOneNil

Nothing like making a decision based on a 20 minute video, is there.

Don't bother saying you think he's great if/when we start winning.
Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:34 - Dec 20 with 3764 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My only concern is that I was impressed with Cook when he first arrived.

Please can this one play out as it should. He is the new owners' first appointment.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:38 - Dec 20 with 3748 viewsLeBlue

Very impressive in a quiet, understated way. Clearly no fool and well respected in the game, the additional coach will be interesting. I've got a really good feeling about this.

Please, let's give him some time to put his mark on things.
Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:41 - Dec 20 with 3721 viewsChurchman

Each to their own. I thought he came across as quite measured with the media. He doesn’t love it as Keane did, nor did he come across as likely to blow up as Cook did. I thought he came across ok.

Of course he mentioned MU. It’s his past. He was asked about it. You can start chucking the chairs at him if he goes on about them when he’s in the job as bore of the century Lambert did with Celtic and Dortmund.

The front foot football stuff? Well he’s bound to say that. Better than ‘I only want proper blokes, a 1 10 formation and anyone behind the lone striker that takes more than two touches before hoofing it is out’. ‘Oh and I’m recruiting the Tabb bloke as an occasional table. Round pegs in round holes’. It’s what he does, not what he says.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 18:42]
Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:41 - Dec 20 with 3722 viewsStokieBlue

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:13 - Dec 20 by chrismakin

evening SB.

Two matches isn't enough of a sample size to have any valid stats.

You've trolled again today, Phil told you not to previously but you did anyway. You can surely see people are sick of the hot takes.

I'm off to watch the wireless.

SB
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 18:47]

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 19:00 - Dec 20 with 3630 viewschrismakin

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 18:41 - Dec 20 by StokieBlue

Two matches isn't enough of a sample size to have any valid stats.

You've trolled again today, Phil told you not to previously but you did anyway. You can surely see people are sick of the hot takes.

I'm off to watch the wireless.

SB
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 18:47]

No you're seeing a post you don't like as trolling. Difference.

I don't get a good vibe from the new manager. It's not trolling to think it. And I'm not afraid to say it

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 19:10 - Dec 20 with 3568 viewsStokieBlue

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 19:00 - Dec 20 by chrismakin

I don't get a good vibe from the new manager. It's not trolling to think it. And I'm not afraid to say it

You didn't get a good vibe after two quotes?

Sitters posted exactly what had been published at the time you posted.

It was premeditated nonsense as everyone could see. Other posters on another thread are calling it trolling as well I see.

SB
[Post edited 20 Dec 2021 19:11]

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 19:13 - Dec 20 with 3544 viewsTractorCam

Is there anyone on here who has watched the actual video that is... on 19:00 - Dec 20 by chrismakin

Could you be arsed being this negative all the time? You didn't like Cook, you've recently thrown shade at Ashton and now you're going at McKenna because he's spoken about his most recent employer in his first interview for new club, christ.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024