Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
For literally no reason 20:07 - Dec 20 with 3506 viewswiltshireblue

How much do we think McKenna might be on salary wise approximately? or Cook have been on for that matter?.

I have no feelings about this and don't have an issue with it or begrudge it, more just interested what a manager in this league might be on and giving my brain a break from thinking about Covid, our season so far and what to eat next.

I'm going to assume McKenna is likely to be highly incentivised financially on milestones and achievements.
For literally no reason on 20:12 - Dec 20 with 3441 viewsMetal_Hacker

I think he’d obviously be on a decent package but highly inflated (hopefully ) with performance related scenarios

Poll: If it were one or the other

For literally no reason on 20:13 - Dec 20 with 3445 viewswiltshireblue

For literally no reason on 20:12 - Dec 20 by Metal_Hacker

I think he’d obviously be on a decent package but highly inflated (hopefully ) with performance related scenarios

I've just had a little google and found this...

Manager salaries in League One are fascinating. The average League One manager is paid over £180,000 per year. That’s a salary that most of us would love to have, but it’s a way off what Championship bosses are earning.

The average manager in the second tier lands over £870,000 per year, with the best-paid Championship manager pocketing a handy £3.46 million.

Even the highest-paid League One manager doesn’t meet the Championship average. Of the 15 League One clubs who replied to the survey, £550,000 was the largest manager salary.

This salary was earned by a manager at a ‘southern club’ with the East Anglian Daily Times speculating that this would be former Aston Villa and Stoke manager, now of Ipswich, Paul Lambert.
For literally no reason on 20:14 - Dec 20 with 3421 viewsNthsuffolkblue

For literally no reason on 20:13 - Dec 20 by wiltshireblue

I've just had a little google and found this...

Manager salaries in League One are fascinating. The average League One manager is paid over £180,000 per year. That’s a salary that most of us would love to have, but it’s a way off what Championship bosses are earning.

The average manager in the second tier lands over £870,000 per year, with the best-paid Championship manager pocketing a handy £3.46 million.

Even the highest-paid League One manager doesn’t meet the Championship average. Of the 15 League One clubs who replied to the survey, £550,000 was the largest manager salary.

This salary was earned by a manager at a ‘southern club’ with the East Anglian Daily Times speculating that this would be former Aston Villa and Stoke manager, now of Ipswich, Paul Lambert.

How much does a first team coach at Man Utd earn? I would assume he is now on more than that.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

For literally no reason on 20:19 - Dec 20 with 3383 viewswiltshireblue

For literally no reason on 20:14 - Dec 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

How much does a first team coach at Man Utd earn? I would assume he is now on more than that.

Yes I'd imagine so. But that's quite a jump to Championship average salaries if those average numbers are anything to go by, so even if the initial money wasn't too far off Man Utd the opportunity with reaching the Championship and bonuses etc would be huge.

Fair play to Mckenna, money aside this is a big one for him for his career and he's made quite a move and will have a lot invested in this to establish himself as a standalone manager. I respect that and think its good to have someone who isn't just floating around maybe earning the £500k mark irrespective of their performance and in the knowledge they'll get a high paid job elsewhere if it doesn't go well.

He seems like a detail man and hope it turns out well for him and all of us
For literally no reason on 20:44 - Dec 20 with 3276 viewsSwansea_Blue

£14.99+VAT. A little moose told me.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

For literally no reason on 22:37 - Dec 20 with 3089 viewsNthsuffolkblue

For literally no reason on 20:19 - Dec 20 by wiltshireblue

Yes I'd imagine so. But that's quite a jump to Championship average salaries if those average numbers are anything to go by, so even if the initial money wasn't too far off Man Utd the opportunity with reaching the Championship and bonuses etc would be huge.

Fair play to Mckenna, money aside this is a big one for him for his career and he's made quite a move and will have a lot invested in this to establish himself as a standalone manager. I respect that and think its good to have someone who isn't just floating around maybe earning the £500k mark irrespective of their performance and in the knowledge they'll get a high paid job elsewhere if it doesn't go well.

He seems like a detail man and hope it turns out well for him and all of us

That is a very important point. If he fails here, he is unlikely to be given another job at any level above this. Too many of our recent managers had already earned all they needed and were quite likely to be able to live off their reputation regardless of their performance.

It didn't make Hurst a success nor MM a failure but I think it is a good thing and McKenna seems to have the right character about him.

For literally no reason on 23:14 - Dec 20 with 2992 viewsChurchman

£8.91 in the minimum wage isn’t it? Let’s be generous and give him £15 per hour and a raise to £20 if he gets us promoted. More than enough. Keep ‘em hungry I say!
For literally no reason on 23:34 - Dec 20 with 2962 viewsBluePG

Given that he’s come from being coach at the world’s biggest club, he’s surely going to have to be on £1m a year to have come here.

By way of perspective, the Prime Minister of this country earns £180,000 a year.

We’re the country’s 56th best club, and our manager earns five times more than the guy running things.

Football, blo0dy hell.

Poll: Best Dane?

Login to get fewer ads

For literally no reason on 23:35 - Dec 20 with 2953 viewsPinewoodblue

Does it matter?

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

For literally no reason on 23:46 - Dec 20 with 2927 viewswiltshireblue

For literally no reason on 23:35 - Dec 20 by Pinewoodblue

Does it matter?

No it doesn't 'matter'.

Was just out of interest if anyone had an idea on the amount. Especially as the financial salary isn't always a motivator it can be a demotivator for those who aren't fully engaged and know worst case they'll be due for a good payoff if their contract is terminated early.

My guess is this deal has been stacked up pretty differently to our last few managers and more weighted in favour of achievement and progress with big rewards when that happens.

McKenna has done a lot, but he also has a lot to prove on his own and I like that.

He seems to have the right mentality and its nice to have done something a little different this time perhaps
For literally no reason on 23:49 - Dec 20 with 2909 viewsPinewoodblue

For literally no reason on 23:46 - Dec 20 by wiltshireblue

No it doesn't 'matter'.

Was just out of interest if anyone had an idea on the amount. Especially as the financial salary isn't always a motivator it can be a demotivator for those who aren't fully engaged and know worst case they'll be due for a good payoff if their contract is terminated early.

My guess is this deal has been stacked up pretty differently to our last few managers and more weighted in favour of achievement and progress with big rewards when that happens.

McKenna has done a lot, but he also has a lot to prove on his own and I like that.

He seems to have the right mentality and its nice to have done something a little different this time perhaps

I'm sure our last three managers have had contracts that included hefty bonus payments that they failed to trigger.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

For literally no reason on 23:50 - Dec 20 with 2906 viewsMaySixth

We offered Ryan £575k p.a a few weeks back but Preston got him for £750k p.a

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

For literally no reason on 06:21 - Dec 21 with 2712 viewsshamboy

His agent is fairly hugger-mugger with Ashton, and that some sway.
The bonuses are not just results-driven, but also tied to attendances and, of course, the biggest is for promotion and positioing in Championship, with regulat review dates in case KK excels or struggles.
For literally no reason on 08:35 - Dec 21 with 2565 viewstimothyeo

For literally no reason on 23:34 - Dec 20 by BluePG

Given that he’s come from being coach at the world’s biggest club, he’s surely going to have to be on £1m a year to have come here.

By way of perspective, the Prime Minister of this country earns £180,000 a year.

We’re the country’s 56th best club, and our manager earns five times more than the guy running things.

Football, blo0dy hell.

He's not going to be on £1m a year - he's not going to be paid more than the average Championship manager when he has zero managerial experience.
For literally no reason on 09:29 - Dec 21 with 2446 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Football, blo0dy hell.

Utter nonsense.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

For literally no reason on 10:05 - Dec 21 with 2378 viewsclive_baker

For literally no reason on 20:14 - Dec 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

Couple of hundred grand a year I imagine, maybe 1/4 mil. I think Ole was on £7m and I heard Phelan is on close to £1m.

I would imagine KM is on somewhere around £400k p/a, but I'm speculating completely. It would be half what our top earner is on though, so perhaps a touch more.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

For literally no reason on 10:18 - Dec 21 with 2340 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Football, blo0dy hell.

I am fairly certain your figures are well out there. However, you do make a valid point overall. Entertainment does pay exceptionally high wages and often not in proportion to ability nor experience too.

An interesting article on PM pay here. https://www.politics.co.uk/reference/boris-johnson-salary/

Perhaps a better rate of pay would offset the need for second jobs and feathering their own nests generally. However, the anecdotal evidence from private sector CEOs is that it night drive just as much desire for it from some.

For literally no reason on 18:34 - Dec 21 with 2155 viewsBluePG

For literally no reason on 09:29 - Dec 21 by Marshalls_Mullet

Utter nonsense.

Sorry, which bit is nonsensical?!

Poll: Best Dane?

For literally no reason on 19:00 - Dec 21 with 2088 viewsportmanking

For literally no reason on 10:05 - Dec 21 by clive_baker

Couple of hundred grand a year I imagine, maybe 1/4 mil. I think Ole was on £7m and I heard Phelan is on close to £1m.

I would imagine KM is on somewhere around £400k p/a, but I'm speculating completely. It would be half what our top earner is on though, so perhaps a touch more.

Mike Phelan is earning £1m a year?!

The game has well and truly gone.
For literally no reason on 19:08 - Dec 21 with 2076 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

For literally no reason on 23:50 - Dec 20 by MaySixth

We offered Ryan £575k p.a a few weeks back but Preston got him for £750k p.a

Very interested as to know whether you’ve just made that up in your head.

Anyone heard similar?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

For literally no reason on 23:21 - Dec 23 with 1781 viewsEssexBloo

For literally no reason on 08:35 - Dec 21 by timothyeo

He's not going to be on £1m a year - he's not going to be paid more than the average Championship manager when he has zero managerial experience.

He will be. You realise we’ve been spending a lot of money recently, right?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024