Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This government are just too much 23:09 - Dec 20 with 1849 viewsCotty

“Drinking and eating loads of wine and cheese is totally normal work meeting behaviour” is such an amazing defence. I think they actually believe it too! I can just imagine the internal self-justifying monologue. “Not nearly enough blow or hookers for a party. My wife was there FFS.”
This government are just too much on 23:22 - Dec 20 with 1805 viewsBlueBadger

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/20/a-routine-morning-for-psycho-ra

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This government are just too much on 23:25 - Dec 20 with 1786 viewsStokieBlue

You don't have wine and cheese at your work meetings?

To be honest, nothing is surprising anymore from this bunch. I fully expect more to come out, perhaps they were playing "pin the spike protein on the viral envelope" at their Christmas parties.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This government are just too much on 23:25 - Dec 20 with 1787 viewsCoastalblue

He's surely a busted flush now, even among the hard of thinking.

Change of PM by easter wouldn't surprise me. Not that it will help much.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

This government are just too much on 23:39 - Dec 20 with 1729 viewsfactual_blue

It certainly wasn't a Cabinet meeting. Alcohol is NEVER served at an official meeting.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This government are just too much on 23:41 - Dec 20 with 1723 viewsCotty

This government are just too much on 23:39 - Dec 20 by factual_blue

It certainly wasn't a Cabinet meeting. Alcohol is NEVER served at an official meeting.

Weird pro-Boris boast. Hang your head in shame.
This government are just too much on 07:31 - Dec 21 with 1580 viewsHerbivore

It's interesting that there's never really any political arguments on here now, I think that's in part down to this current shower of a government being so demonstrably awful that nobody even bothers trying to offer a defence of them anymore.

I was listening to the radio the other day and there was a Conservative political commentator on there and his view was a lesdership contest won't be triggered immediately, however the Tories are planning a GE in June 2023 and so a new leader will likely be in by the summer so they have a party conference before the GE.

It'll be interesting to see what happens then. There were a lot of voters, especially those in the red wall, who wouldn't normally vote Tory but who were willing to vote for 'Boris'. Would they feel the same about the likes of Sunak or Truss or Patel? Johnson is becoming toxic to both traditional Tories and to those who he won over in 2019 but some still seem to like him and make excuse after excuse for him. I can't see that any of the replacements have the talent to not look just as bad when leading the sh!tshow.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This government are just too much on 08:05 - Dec 21 with 1501 viewsCheltenham_Blue

The only thing that is going to get Boris out is if he is pictured naked in a Santa Hat, doing Matt Hancock, whilst he snorts coke off Savid Javid's back.

And even then the rest of the cabinet will claim it to be, "perfectly reasonable and within the rules at the time"

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

This government are just too much on 08:18 - Dec 21 with 1464 viewsMookamoo

This government are just too much on 07:31 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

It's interesting that there's never really any political arguments on here now, I think that's in part down to this current shower of a government being so demonstrably awful that nobody even bothers trying to offer a defence of them anymore.

I was listening to the radio the other day and there was a Conservative political commentator on there and his view was a lesdership contest won't be triggered immediately, however the Tories are planning a GE in June 2023 and so a new leader will likely be in by the summer so they have a party conference before the GE.

It'll be interesting to see what happens then. There were a lot of voters, especially those in the red wall, who wouldn't normally vote Tory but who were willing to vote for 'Boris'. Would they feel the same about the likes of Sunak or Truss or Patel? Johnson is becoming toxic to both traditional Tories and to those who he won over in 2019 but some still seem to like him and make excuse after excuse for him. I can't see that any of the replacements have the talent to not look just as bad when leading the sh!tshow.

The public inquiry into the Covid response is an interesting little time bomb to chuck into their plans. I assume they won't want Boris around as PM once people start giving evidence. If that starts in March/April, they must be looking to move him on before the summer so any new leadership team can start to distance themselves from the fallout.
Login to get fewer ads

This government are just too much on 08:24 - Dec 21 with 1446 viewsAce_High1

Same with Barnard Castle, it is the ridiculous excuses and reasons they give which do it for me.

Just admit what we can all see, in SOME cases it could be excusable as lets be honest who would want to be a PM/head of state over the last 18 months but they just dig a whole for themselves with the deflection and denials.
This government are just too much on 08:35 - Dec 21 with 1418 viewsGuthrum

This government are just too much on 08:05 - Dec 21 by Cheltenham_Blue

The only thing that is going to get Boris out is if he is pictured naked in a Santa Hat, doing Matt Hancock, whilst he snorts coke off Savid Javid's back.

And even then the rest of the cabinet will claim it to be, "perfectly reasonable and within the rules at the time"

Ther only thing that's going to get Johnson out before a General Election will be if his own party decide he's a liability in winning them. At that point the back-stabbery (which has already begun) will intensify, all sorts of things will come out of the woodwork and he'll be gone pretty quickly.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

This government are just too much on 09:04 - Dec 21 with 1335 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

This government are just too much on 07:31 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

They will surely oust Boris soon so that by the next election people’s short memories will kick in.

It’s all very predictable- the tories will try and scare people back into voting for them, or face the prospect of a Labour SNP coalition.

Lib Dems could take a decent amount of seats in the South, simply as a protest vote.
This government are just too much on 09:23 - Dec 21 with 1281 viewsHerbivore

This government are just too much on 09:04 - Dec 21 by SuperKieranMcKenna

They will surely oust Boris soon so that by the next election people’s short memories will kick in.

It’s all very predictable- the tories will try and scare people back into voting for them, or face the prospect of a Labour SNP coalition.

Lib Dems could take a decent amount of seats in the South, simply as a protest vote.

The Tories have the media machine to help them around election time; they seem to somehow get away with peddling the notion that only they can fix a country that they've spent the last decade breaking.

This government are just too much on 09:23 - Dec 21 with 1278 viewseireblue

Ahhh man, that is not an image that should described before the pre breakfast watershed.
This government are just too much on 09:35 - Dec 21 with 1218 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

This government are just too much on 09:23 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

The Tories have the media machine to help them around election time; they seem to somehow get away with peddling the notion that only they can fix a country that they've spent the last decade breaking.

It will be interesting to see what angle the media plays. I can’t imagine there will be much to dig up on Starmer (let’s be honest Corbyn was a goldmine!)

I reckon “project fear pt 2” SNP calling the shots in England!
This government are just too much on 09:39 - Dec 21 with 1186 viewsHerbivore

This government are just too much on 09:35 - Dec 21 by SuperKieranMcKenna

It will be interesting to see what angle the media plays. I can’t imagine there will be much to dig up on Starmer (let’s be honest Corbyn was a goldmine!)

I reckon “project fear pt 2” SNP calling the shots in England!

I think that'll be the angle, especially if the polling suggests a hung parliament is likely.

This government are just too much on 09:48 - Dec 21 with 1138 viewsChrisd

When our Queen of 95 years old is showing the Government how it should behave and manage the current climate speaks volumes. This lot are an utter embarrassment and they have shown the longer they have been in power the more shambolic they have become. The fact they keep giving ridiculous excuses for their faux pas is infuriating, even Stevie Wonder could see through them, it's simply pitiful.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 9:49]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

This government are just too much on 10:07 - Dec 21 with 1085 viewschicoazul

This government are just too much on 09:39 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

I think that'll be the angle, especially if the polling suggests a hung parliament is likely.

Hung parliament mightmean the end of the UK. Would Labour be happy being the party that agreed to break up the union? It’d kill them deader than last time in the red wall seats.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

This government are just too much on 10:26 - Dec 21 with 1058 viewsHerbivore

This government are just too much on 10:07 - Dec 21 by chicoazul

Hung parliament mightmean the end of the UK. Would Labour be happy being the party that agreed to break up the union? It’d kill them deader than last time in the red wall seats.

Realistically, Brexit means the end of the UK.

This government are just too much on 10:43 - Dec 21 with 1012 viewsSwansea_Blue

Oh come on, you can't knock a father for getting into the Christmas spirit whilst also team building AND making sure there's no coke around for when Gove turns up. That's 3 good turns, shirley?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This government are just too much on 10:45 - Dec 21 with 995 viewsStokieBlue

This government are just too much on 10:43 - Dec 21 by Swansea_Blue

Oh come on, you can't knock a father for getting into the Christmas spirit whilst also team building AND making sure there's no coke around for when Gove turns up. That's 3 good turns, shirley?

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

This government are just too much on 10:47 - Dec 21 with 979 viewsSwansea_Blue

This government are just too much on 10:45 - Dec 21 by StokieBlue

SB

Still makes me smile. He's having the time of his life bless him!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

This government are just too much on 10:57 - Dec 21 with 955 viewschicoazul

This government are just too much on 10:26 - Dec 21 by Herbivore

Realistically, Brexit means the end of the UK.

A fair point of course.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024