Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? 13:39 - Dec 21 with 5788 viewsCheltenham_Blue

My daughter is accidentally named after Nerys Hughes' character in 'The District Nurse'
and my son is accidentally named after a cop killer.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:41 - Dec 21 with 3235 viewsJ2BLUE

My brother's first and middle names are Alex Matthew because my mum heard Alex Mathie and liked the name.

My brother loves telling people that even though he doesn't like football despite my best efforts to convince him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:42 - Dec 21 with 3235 viewsfooters

One thing I'll never understand is parents who seem to do this willingly and knowingly.

Lad in my class was (and presumably still is) called Michael Kane. Different spelling obviously but why would you do that to your child?!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:43 - Dec 21 with 3224 viewsIllinoisblue

Sort of. If you’ve seen the John Candy movie Uncle Buck the two kids have the same names as my kids. Which I was completely unaware of until someone pointed it out at the baby shower for kid #2.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:44 - Dec 21 with 3204 viewsJ2BLUE

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:42 - Dec 21 by footers

One thing I'll never understand is parents who seem to do this willingly and knowingly.

Lad in my class was (and presumably still is) called Michael Kane. Different spelling obviously but why would you do that to your child?!

I think it's worse when they pick a popular name but try to make it unique by spelling it differently.

I won't give examples as don't wish to offend but some of the alternative spellings i've seen are awful.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 13:51]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:50 - Dec 21 with 3170 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:42 - Dec 21 by footers

Thing is I used to watch the District Nurse when I was a kid, and completely forgot her name in the show. It was only my dad mentioning it when she was 2 that made me realise.

To be fair, it was a good show, not the best show, but my wife wouldn't let me change my surname to 'Bravo' when my daughter was born.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I used to work with a bloke called Andy Kerton.... on 13:52 - Dec 21 with 3132 viewsBloots

....he called his daughter Annette.

He thought it was funny.

Not famous, but worth sharing.

True story.

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:53 - Dec 21 with 3129 viewsFtnfwest

Lady F forbade me to name our first born after 'some footballer'. We called him Matthew and i didn't have the heart to tell her that the ITFC club captain was called that as well at the time!
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 13:57 - Dec 21 with 3105 viewsWD19

Not me. I wanted something unique so went with Adolf. It worked and I have never come across any other kids with that name.
Login to get fewer ads

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 14:29 - Dec 21 with 3008 viewsfactual_blue

I once in my working life encountered a chap whose two middle names were Don Everall.

Don Everall was a local coach firm, and apparently he was conceived on the back seat of one of their coaches.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 14:56 - Dec 21 with 2937 viewsGlasgowBlue

A bloke I knew in Colchester was called James Bond.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 15:01 - Dec 21 with 2925 viewsessexpaul64

I used to work in a hospital and we had a patient called Ronald Biggs, the receptionist called his name but he had gone. Then she said, has anyone seen Mr Ronald Biggs and someone replied, he’s in Brazil 🤣
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 15:05 - Dec 21 with 2904 viewsbluelagos

Growing up there was kid in a siblings school class called Gordon Bennett.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 15:09 - Dec 21 with 2889 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

I did once work with a lad called Harry James Potter, though given his age it was a complete coincidence as he was born around same time first book was written

I did also go to school with a girl named Holly Wood
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 15:12 - Dec 21 with 2869 viewsTractorFrog

There used to be a BTCC driver called Michael Caine, and an F2 driver called David Beckmann.

They'd all laugh at me if they knew what I was trying to do. To create a new strain of super-wine in half-an-hour with a fraction of nature's resources and a FOOL for an assistant. 'Bernard Black, he's mad,' they'd say, 'he's insane, he's dangerous.' Well I'll show them! I'll show them all!
Poll: What hurt more?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 15:19 - Dec 21 with 2852 viewsLord_Lucan

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 14:56 - Dec 21 by GlasgowBlue

A bloke I knew in Colchester was called James Bond.

I have a customer called James Bond

My dad was called Christopher Robin.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 15:23 - Dec 21 with 2831 viewsBluesky

I was at school with Paul McCartney. He couldn't sing but was a damn good cricketer.
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:00 - Dec 21 with 2762 viewsallezlesbleus

Slightly off subject, but my wife and I named our daughter Etienne, after (imho) our greatest ever victory on foreign soil. We didn't really give the name much thought at the time .

A few years later, we moved to France to find out that Etienne was a boys name.....
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:09 - Dec 21 with 2740 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yeah, Osh & Becks

Not their full names and not deliberate, but still

Luckily, nobody of their generation knows who Posh and Becks are!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:31 - Dec 21 with 2667 viewsPhilTWTD

I hate Nerys Hughes.
Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:31 - Dec 21 with 2657 viewsEwan_Oozami

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:31 - Dec 21 by PhilTWTD

I hate Nerys Hughes.

+1 for HMHB reference...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:32 - Dec 21 with 2649 viewsITFC_Forever

Our dog is named after an ITFC song.... didn't let on to the wife and kids when we chose his name.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:49 - Dec 21 with 2602 viewsfactual_blue

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:32 - Dec 21 by ITFC_Forever

Our dog is named after an ITFC song.... didn't let on to the wife and kids when we chose his name.

'The norwich ran away' is a strange name for a dog.

We don't seem to have any other songs.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:50 - Dec 21 with 2592 viewsEwan_Oozami

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:49 - Dec 21 by factual_blue

Bark now hear, the Ipswich sing....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:51 - Dec 21 with 2586 viewsfooters

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 16:49 - Dec 21 by factual_blue

I hope it's not called Fashanu...

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Did anyone accidentally name their kids after someone famous? on 17:04 - Dec 21 with 2543 viewsswede

When I were a lad, there was a boy in the next village named Rupert Beer. Even back then I couldn't understand how parents could do that to a child.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2021 17:07]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024