Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My PCR result came back this morning 16:41 - Dec 22 with 3416 viewsThisIsMyUsername

and it's positive (no surprises there). I'm 48 hours into symptoms now, and it's still like a moderate cold. Questions to anyone else who has had it lately: Were your symptoms similar? Did they get worse? How long did they last?

Or does that all just depend largely on what version you get?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

My PCR result came back this morning on 16:44 - Dec 22 with 2987 viewsDanTheMan

Basically the same, although cold symptoms lasted longer than I was used to.

Lasted about 4-5 days for the feeling rough part, loss of smell / taste lasted for just over a week.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

My PCR result came back this morning on 16:46 - Dec 22 with 2968 viewsFixed_It

I had covid in September. My symptoms were similar and didn't get worse. I never really got a cough - was just like a bad head cold really. Fingers crossed yours is the same.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 16:46]

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

My PCR result came back this morning on 16:46 - Dec 22 with 2946 viewsEdwardStone

I'm still awaiting my pcr test results....

Could be 24 hours.... allow 3 days or contact us if you haven't heard back in 6 days

My PCR result came back this morning on 16:48 - Dec 22 with 2912 viewsBugs

48 hours in are when I had my worst symptoms. Feeling hot, feeling cold, sore throat, aching muscles, cough, woolly head feeling and so easily fatigued.

*Edit

I forgot to say how incredibly thirsty I was for the first 3 or 4 days.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 19:27]
My PCR result came back this morning on 16:51 - Dec 22 with 2889 viewsBaggio_is_magic

Mild cold symptoms - feeling fatigued and a slight runny nose. My taste and smell went after 7 days, which seems quite late as most people I have spoken to lost it almost straight away or after a couple of days. This was the symptom I struggled with the most! Stronger flavours and scents came back after 5 days and they were completely back after a week, thankfully. Hoping you don’t suffer with this as it would be very unfortunate with all the Christmas food and drinks!
My PCR result came back this morning on 17:04 - Dec 22 with 2808 viewsSparky85

I had a positive PCR on Sunday, and symptoms started late last week. Praying for some negative LFT's in the next few days to save Christmas.

I have had:
Headache
Fatigue
Weird fluctuations between runny and dry nose
High temp but felt cold around the chest and back

All of the above have remained constant and not got any worse over time. From reading about symptoms, I feel it may be Omicron. Would make sense as I was in London last Wednesday

Nothing in terms of taste/smell or a cough (yet), so I am hopeful I have avoided those.

I feel I have been lucky with the symptoms and generally how I am feeling. But I am triple jabbed.

Keep your fluids up and get plenty of rest. Hope you get better soon
My PCR result came back this morning on 17:09 - Dec 22 with 2747 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My PCR result came back this morning on 16:44 - Dec 22 by DanTheMan

Basically the same, although cold symptoms lasted longer than I was used to.

Lasted about 4-5 days for the feeling rough part, loss of smell / taste lasted for just over a week.

It's different for everyone really. I felt a bit rough for a weekend, then felt OK and then rough again the second weekend. Was fine after my 10 days apart from sleeping 10 hours every night and still feeling tired. 90 days later and I am still not exercising and fear that I haven't got the energy to. Have started walking a bit and intend to try running again after Christmas.

Wife lost sense of smell and taste and it took around a month to return. I never lost mine. She is a bit of a fitness fanatic and got back to it quite quickly after but did say she had lost some of her energy.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My PCR result came back this morning on 17:11 - Dec 22 with 2725 viewsusm

Eldest daughter and her boyfriend both tested positive this week. Both had one rough day - heavy cold like symptoms - and then mild cold symptoms. No loss of smell or taste yet. Bvggered up their Christmas - he was due to go to Spain to spend it with his family - now cancelled as it was last year. She was coming to us. Now gonna spend it on their own isolating in London.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Login to get fewer ads

My PCR result came back this morning on 17:43 - Dec 22 with 2578 viewsWD19

I rotated through symptoms quite quickly. 36 hours of a fever, 24 hours of a stinking cold. After that it was just a minor cough laced with tiredness, occasional headaches and an underlying cold.

Mostly it wasn’t too bad and paracetamol fixed most of it most of the time.
My PCR result came back this morning on 17:44 - Dec 22 with 2577 viewsKentish_Tractor

Day 1: Sore throat. Headache. Mild Temperature.
Day 2: Mild Cough (Tested negative Lat Flow)
Day 3: Bad Cough. Slightly Runny Nose. (Tested negative Lat Flow)
Day 4: Very Runny Nose. (Tested positive Lat Flow)
Day 5: Very Runny Nose (Confirmed positive via PCR).
Day 6: Dried up. Slight Cough. Smell/Taste Affected.
Day 7 (Today): A little flemmy. Still Poor Smell/Taste Sense. No other cold/flu symptoms. Still test positive Lat Flow though so can't release just yet.

Hoping to be all clear by day 10 which will xmas day so I can go out on boxing day to visit family. From my experience it's just a moderate cold but the cough comes before the runny nose.

Poll: How often are you refreshing TWTD today?

My PCR result came back this morning on 17:45 - Dec 22 with 2566 viewswkj

I had it back in November and the 3rd or 4th day of symptoms were the worst, but it persisted for about a week. The following week was more like being hungover without a headache.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

My PCR result came back this morning on 17:53 - Dec 22 with 2515 viewsghostofescobar

Tested positive this morning (that's Xmas fvcked - can't deny, being the silly old sod I am, I've shed more than a few tears throughout the day at missing out seeing my extended family and spoiling it for my close family). Day 1, felt a little ropey - negative lft, day 2 more mild cold like symptoms - negative lft, today, day 3, no worse than yesterday, maybe even slightly better - positive lft. Gutted, truly gutted.

GhostOfEscobar

My PCR result came back this morning on 17:56 - Dec 22 with 2488 viewsLesta_Tractor

I didn't have a cough or lose my sense of taste or smell, I had one night with a temperature and then a rash on my feet for about a week

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

My PCR result came back this morning on 18:03 - Dec 22 with 2445 viewsjeera

My PCR result came back this morning on 17:43 - Dec 22 by WD19

I rotated through symptoms quite quickly. 36 hours of a fever, 24 hours of a stinking cold. After that it was just a minor cough laced with tiredness, occasional headaches and an underlying cold.

Mostly it wasn’t too bad and paracetamol fixed most of it most of the time.

You make it sound almost fun.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

My PCR result came back this morning on 18:14 - Dec 22 with 2391 viewsDinDjarin

I was poorly for 10 days although at no point really ill.

Thumping headache first day then cough from day 2 which is still lingering 12 days later.
Days 4 - 10 cold shivers / sweats and generally fatigued.

Lost half stone though so not all bad.

Caught it at Charlton along with a load of others in my group one of whom chased up what variant and it returned Delta.
My PCR result came back this morning on 18:16 - Dec 22 with 2368 viewsjeera

My PCR result came back this morning on 18:14 - Dec 22 by DinDjarin

I was poorly for 10 days although at no point really ill.

Thumping headache first day then cough from day 2 which is still lingering 12 days later.
Days 4 - 10 cold shivers / sweats and generally fatigued.

Lost half stone though so not all bad.

Caught it at Charlton along with a load of others in my group one of whom chased up what variant and it returned Delta.

Or what Lucan calls the Charlton variant.

Hope you get right soon and have no lasting effects.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

My PCR result came back this morning on 18:17 - Dec 22 with 2362 viewsDinDjarin

My PCR result came back this morning on 18:16 - Dec 22 by jeera

Or what Lucan calls the Charlton variant.

Hope you get right soon and have no lasting effects.

Right as rain now cheers just an irritating cough now and then.
My PCR result came back this morning on 18:21 - Dec 22 with 2343 viewsTerra_Farma

I am on day 8.

The first 4 days were the 'worst'.

Nothing to fear.

All the best.
My PCR result came back this morning on 19:04 - Dec 22 with 2199 viewsEdwardStone

My PCR result came back this morning on 16:48 - Dec 22 by Bugs

48 hours in are when I had my worst symptoms. Feeling hot, feeling cold, sore throat, aching muscles, cough, woolly head feeling and so easily fatigued.

*Edit

I forgot to say how incredibly thirsty I was for the first 3 or 4 days.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2021 19:27]

I have that every day.... I think I need to cut back on the booze
My PCR result came back this morning on 19:10 - Dec 22 with 2183 viewsNthsuffolkblue

My PCR result came back this morning on 18:17 - Dec 22 by DinDjarin

Right as rain now cheers just an irritating cough now and then.

I had an irritating occasional ticklish cough on and off for a few weeks after. Wasn't sure if it was a physical thing due to using my voice in teaching but thought it may well have been a continued effect.

My initial symptoms were sneezing and blocked nose rather than a cough. Took a PCR as it had been offered at that point due to an explosion of cases in school. Tested positive on the lateral flow the same morning that the PCR came back positive. Had tested negative on the lateral flow when I had the nasal symptoms.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

My PCR result came back this morning on 19:41 - Dec 22 with 2021 viewsPendejo

Oldest female offspring had it a few months ago, youngest female offspring tested positive lft Monday she has what can be described as a heavy cold.
On way home tonight found out my sister, who lives with my elderly father, tested positive this morning before work, again heavy cold.

Youngest offspring returns to work tomorrow having organised to work from home.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

My PCR result came back this morning on 19:46 - Dec 22 with 2003 viewstractordownsouth

I tested positive on a LFT this morning and have sent off a PCR as well which hasn't come back yet. I woke up this morning with a dry throat and have been shivering and felt tired on and off. I had my booster Sunday and felt the same minus the sore throat.

Annoyed the Gillingham game won't be happening as I was looking forward to watching that - I may have to invest in a week pass for Sky Sports instead.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

My PCR result came back this morning on 20:11 - Dec 22 with 1892 viewsGogs

Tested positive Mon 13 Dec. Now feeling much better, no real symptoms apart from continued loss of taste and smell

Doesn’t look like it’s going to be anywhere near a full house tomorrow by Gogs 17 Dec 2021 21:49
Same here. Positive LFT Monday, still awaiting results of postal PCR taken tuesday. But did another LFT today, still positive.

Judging by the symptoms I have it's the omicron strain. I've been reading up on it (little else to do, let's face it) and most people are reporting same or very similar to me, Govt really needs to update it's official line on symptoms if you ask me. The first and still main symptoms are cold-like:
-aches and pains - particularly lower back, feels like someone's kicked me and it hurts to walk at times,
-lethargy (sleeping 12+ hours a day),
-stuffy & runny nose.
then:
-Mild night sweats (but no real fever at any point) and slightly scratchy throat from day 2.
-Taste and smell were fine until day 3, they've now more or less totally gone though (I can tell sweet from savoury but that's it really),
-only now on day 5 do I have a bit of a cough, but it's a chesty cough and it's not 'continuous'

I've felt better - and if this is 'mild' I'm glad i haven't had anything moderate or severe as it's not great - but I've felt worse before with full blown 'flu

My PCR result came back this morning on 20:14 - Dec 22 with 1871 viewsWD19

My PCR result came back this morning on 18:03 - Dec 22 by jeera

You make it sound almost fun.

Well 10 days locked away from the family was a win. Every cloud….
My PCR result came back this morning on 22:29 - Dec 22 with 1650 viewsLRB84UK

I've had the Charlton variety too!

I'm day 12 after my positive pcr. I felt really rough with a temp for about a day, I've had tonsillitis and laryngitis along side so it's been a tough road. The worst I've had is the cough, which has pulled all the muscles in my chest and I've been super tired, but I've been battling all 3 things at once.

My son tested positive on his pcr the same day as mine, he had a temp for 24 hours and nothing else.

Hubby came up positive on an lft and pcr a week after me, he was only taking them as we're in the same house. He's had zero symptoms and only knows he's got it because the pcr told him he had.

Me and son are now free, hoping hubbies lft in the morning (day 6) will be negative so we can have a bit of a Christmas still.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024