Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reasons to be cheerful...1,2,3 09:10 - Dec 24 with 380 viewsfab_lover

Right, if you're of a certain age, you read that in Ian Dury's voice. Anyway.

It's been a mare of a year both in ITFC and "general" terms but maybe there's a brighter future coming along now it appears (crosses everything) that Omicron might not kill us all.

So, looking back over the year, what made you happy / can you feel proud of ?

Me: winning a particularly nasty court case vs my ex over access to youngest child / learning German (an ongoing task, but Duolingo is very good and I'm on a 260 day "streak").

Seasons greetings one and all and Uppa Towen !
Reasons to be cheerful...1,2,3 on 09:23 - Dec 24 with 331 viewsDubtractor

I'm struggling to think of much in the way of obvious proud moments.

I guess from an achievement point of view (certainly until the last month anyway!) I'm in the best physical shape I've been in years, without ever being a fitness freak about it. Still playing 7 a side football aged 46 and holding my own against a group of much younger lads, and I broke the 50km barrier on my bike too.

From a happiness point of view, live music being back has been amazing even if I've not seen as much as I'd like for various reasons. My weekend at Green Man Festival in August was the highlight of the year - amazing music, amazing people, and an amazing place, and so badly missed during 2020.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024