Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beer 16:15 - Dec 24 with 1383 viewsleftback

Found one of those little kegs in the garage of lowenbrau from Xmas last year, best before date was June, worth drinking or hull it out?
Beer on 16:20 - Dec 24 with 1350 viewsronnyd

You can get quite ill from bad beer. Don't think i'd risk it, but, try a couple of pints and report back. Protect the NHS!
Beer on 16:20 - Dec 24 with 1352 viewsfab_lover

Our sense of smell and taste have evolved so that we generally detect things which are bad for us. Worth pouring a glass and having a smell / checking what it looks like / having a small sip before hoying it in my opinion. Cheers !
Beer on 16:43 - Dec 24 with 1300 viewsGuthrum

Most commercial beer is "dead", i.e. it doesn't continue fermenting. As long as it hasn't been opened/the beer itself exposed to light (can breed bacteria) or air (makes it sour), likely to be ok.

Avoid if cloudy, tastes funny or is unusually fizzy.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Beer on 16:53 - Dec 24 with 1270 viewsBluestar

Beer on 16:43 - Dec 24 by Guthrum

Most commercial beer is "dead", i.e. it doesn't continue fermenting. As long as it hasn't been opened/the beer itself exposed to light (can breed bacteria) or air (makes it sour), likely to be ok.

Avoid if cloudy, tastes funny or is unusually fizzy.

Or is Lowenbrau
Beer on 17:01 - Dec 24 with 1251 viewsjeera

Worth waiting until after Xmas just in case so not to risk spoiling tomorrow's appetite?

Or for a time you have constipation.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Beer on 17:07 - Dec 24 with 1237 viewsJ2BLUE

I've cracked open the Newcastle ale

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Beer on 17:54 - Dec 24 with 1153 viewsFreddies_Ears

It should be absolutely fine, and you'd know if it weren't. Enjoy!
Beer on 20:22 - Dec 24 with 991 viewsBangor31

Also depends on how you have kept it. If it has been kept in a cold environment, sub 10 degrees you should have an okay product.

If it is pasteurised then you have even less to worry about. So many variables but as someone said here Sight and smell will alert you to most issues and if it tastes sour then you know to put it down.
Login to get fewer ads

Beer on 23:53 - Dec 24 with 860 viewsstonojnr

it will be fine if its not been tapped, its lager 5.2% so I dont think they chuck yeast in those lager minikegs for secondary fermentation anyway, which means worst problem is it will probably just go flat very quickly, as the added CO2 to give it some bubbles and life, will be very tired by now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024