Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Neville on Manure sounds like 22:51 - Dec 27 with 1323 viewscbower

He is talking about Town. Yes, it's a different level but he has just said United might have the better players but if they fail to apply themselves (essentially put the work in), lesser teams like Burnley (next game for United) will quickly find them out. Spot on Mr Neville for both Manure and ITFC.

bluescouser

Gary Neville on Manure sounds like on 08:55 - Dec 28 with 1013 viewsdavblue

There’s a lot of symmetry between us and them since Sir Alex left on and off the pitch. Obviously we haven’t spent like them but we’ve been run by clueless owners who let a club rot.
Gary Neville on Manure sounds like on 09:05 - Dec 28 with 983 viewsHerbivore

I'm sure our new manager won't accept the kind of levels of application on display at United.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Gary Neville on Manure sounds like on 09:09 - Dec 28 with 979 viewstextbackup

a manu fan at work thats been to OT 3 times in his 29 years laughed when we got McKenna, saying he was part of the problem there....

pointed out itfc's hopes are a million miles away from mufc's expectations....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Gary Neville on Manure sounds like on 10:07 - Dec 28 with 805 viewsDurovigutum

Gary Neville on Manure sounds like on 09:09 - Dec 28 by textbackup

a manu fan at work thats been to OT 3 times in his 29 years laughed when we got McKenna, saying he was part of the problem there....

What's interesting is that watching Man Ure last night the new manager hasn't made a difference, yet. This suggests the problem is players and without being too judgemental one can't help but wonder if there are a couple of egos running the show. It also questions the wisdom of someone who isn't the manager buying players. I was reading the Town champions book last night, and both Sir Alf and John Lyall brought in a player or two at key points when others wondered why as they didn't "rate" them. The key being that the manager knew the gap and what he wanted to fill it, where the signing of certain players at both Man U and ITFC has probably been supply not demand side....
Gary Neville on Manure sounds like on 10:46 - Dec 28 with 726 viewsstrikalite

Gary Neville on Manure sounds like on 09:09 - Dec 28 by textbackup

Ha, similar to the Manure fan we have at our place, I asked him what he thought of McKenna and he looked at me with a blank expression and simply replied "who?"...

After I politely pointed out his coaching background and who he's worked under and that he felt now was the time to give Management a go he replied "well, I suppose he has to start somewhere" and gave a little smirk.....

H e's a bit of a c0ck at the best of times, sometimes when Manu win he'll turn up in his shirt, you know the sort...doesn't talk football when they're not winning...
Gary Neville on Manure sounds like on 11:20 - Dec 28 with 661 viewsElephantintheRoom

Bit ironic considering who Town now have as manager, dont you think?

It's more a clash of fads... last year's fad of superstars winning matches v this year's fad of run run run. Neville was having a moan at the two Portuguese player feeling slightly miffed that the rest of the team wasnt playing to their strengths and had clearly been confused by an overhyped new manager to such an extent they even made Newcastle look good for a while.

Makes you thin Town's next game might be interesting - Covid has given our manager more time to confuse the players too.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024