Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page 17:05 - Dec 28 with 1662 viewsDubtractor

He really does take his football very seriously indeed doesn't he? I'm actually very impressed by what he has had to say so far - obviously this comes with the usual caveat that talking a good game counts for nothing - and I'm excited to see how we evolve over the coming weeks and months.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 17:14 - Dec 28 with 1612 viewsHipsterectomy

yet i've seen people online make sarcastic comments like 'sounds happy to be here' and 'a smile would be nice' or 'doesn't sound like he could inspire'. It's clear he is an introverted person, but who cares when he knows his stuff and his training videos had him enthusiastically shouting and encouraging anyway

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 17:14 - Dec 28 with 1616 viewsfooters

I just read those and couldn't believe what I was reading at times. Seething. First he calls Man Utd a 'big club' and now we're apparently a 'big club' as well! Bloke never shuts up about big clubs and obviously speaks with a forked tongue. Not one to trust.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 17:56 - Dec 28 with 1462 viewsIllinoisblue

He does give the impression of someone who not only wants to learn but enjoys learning. I think no matter how it turns out it’s going to be an interesting ride with him in charge.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 18:09 - Dec 28 with 1405 viewssolemio

People who say that it would be nice to see a smile would not have been too impressed with Sir Alf!!
Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 18:45 - Dec 28 with 1292 viewsRadioOrwell

Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 18:09 - Dec 28 by solemio

People who say that it would be nice to see a smile would not have been too impressed with Sir Alf!!

KMc looks like the sort of bloke who might just completely lose it if you p****d him off too much.
I like that about him.
He's not going to be your mate and you aren't going to have a laugh with him.
Good.
Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 19:22 - Dec 28 with 1207 viewsgordon

Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 18:45 - Dec 28 by RadioOrwell

KMc looks like the sort of bloke who might just completely lose it if you p****d him off too much.
I like that about him.
He's not going to be your mate and you aren't going to have a laugh with him.
Good.

To be fair that's what people liked about Paul Hurst at the start!
Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 21:05 - Dec 28 with 1076 viewsjas0999

He’s been at Manchester United, where anything other than a win is a bad result. Of course, you won’t win every match, but that’s the mentality. I like him.
Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 22:53 - Dec 28 with 928 viewsRyorry

Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 17:56 - Dec 28 by Illinoisblue

He does give the impression of someone who not only wants to learn but enjoys learning. I think no matter how it turns out it’s going to be an interesting ride with him in charge.

From what I've read (all his interviews that Phil's kindly provided) he's the first manager we've had in the modern digital era that is actually properly clued up about football management in this era, & knows how to utilise the detail he can extract from relevant analytics.

Seems worlds apart to me from rather old-skool Lambert & Cook (I don't know if Hurst was different).

I think if you pay attention to detail, as he says he does, that tends to pay off - Lambert & Cook's approaches seemed very 'hit & hope' clunky in comparison (eg Cook's inability or refusal to change plan/s in middle of games when situation clearly needed).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 23:01 - Dec 28 with 904 viewsjeera

Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 19:22 - Dec 28 by gordon

To be fair that's what people liked about Paul Hurst at the start!

So long as he doesn't undermine that initial respect by photographing grown men in their underwear then hopefully he will be fine.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 23:17 - Dec 28 with 875 viewsChurchman

Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 22:53 - Dec 28 by Ryorry

From what I've read (all his interviews that Phil's kindly provided) he's the first manager we've had in the modern digital era that is actually properly clued up about football management in this era, & knows how to utilise the detail he can extract from relevant analytics.

Seems worlds apart to me from rather old-skool Lambert & Cook (I don't know if Hurst was different).

I think if you pay attention to detail, as he says he does, that tends to pay off - Lambert & Cook's approaches seemed very 'hit & hope' clunky in comparison (eg Cook's inability or refusal to change plan/s in middle of games when situation clearly needed).

I think, reading between the lines, that they are trying to structure the club in the modern way - the way as opposed to old school manager-trainer-bucket and sponge. All those appointed by Evans were that type, though our saviour flogged off the bucket and took the sponge home.

Even Hurst, though small and youngish in management terms was pretty old school in his approach backed up with zero ability and a load of promises he couldn’t keep (see Alan Lee’s interview).

I’ve been quite impressed with how carefully McK has dealt with the media. The real stuff starts tomorrow though and he will be judged going forward on what he does, not the press conferences.

I wish him well and am crossing my fingers that they’ve got this appointment right.
Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 23:28 - Dec 28 with 832 viewsRyorry

Just reading the various McKenna Interviews on the home page on 23:17 - Dec 28 by Churchman

I think, reading between the lines, that they are trying to structure the club in the modern way - the way as opposed to old school manager-trainer-bucket and sponge. All those appointed by Evans were that type, though our saviour flogged off the bucket and took the sponge home.

Even Hurst, though small and youngish in management terms was pretty old school in his approach backed up with zero ability and a load of promises he couldn’t keep (see Alan Lee’s interview).

I’ve been quite impressed with how carefully McK has dealt with the media. The real stuff starts tomorrow though and he will be judged going forward on what he does, not the press conferences.

I wish him well and am crossing my fingers that they’ve got this appointment right.

Oh yes, completely agree re the restructuring of the Club by Gamechanger - KM as manager in ME era would have been an amazing round peg in square hole had ME actually had the nous for such a forward-thinking appointment!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024