Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Games called off for Covid 08:59 - Dec 29 with 1020 viewstextbackup

what number of players with it is the cut off for the game to be called off?

and after the 7 day isolation, if they still feel unwell (but test negative) is that then only deemed as a normal injury and said player doesnt count towards the covid numbers?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Games called off for Covid on 09:06 - Dec 29 with 991 viewsITFC_Forever

Who knows.

But I’m sure certain clubs are using it as an excuse to call games off…

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Games called off for Covid on 09:20 - Dec 29 with 932 viewsxrayspecs

I believe the EFL rules are that you need 13 outfield players and a GK to be available from the 22 (?) outfield and keepers that are registered for league games.

So if you lose nine players to Covid and injury, then you are below the number needed.

Not sure what the situation is for the younger unregistered players (El Mix in our case), whether these count as eligible, or not.
Games called off for Covid on 09:21 - Dec 29 with 917 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If they've a squad of 14 they should play. Is what I'm sure I read somewhere.
It might have been a dream. Bill Oddie was also there at the same time.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Games called off for Covid on 09:22 - Dec 29 with 914 viewstextbackup

Games called off for Covid on 09:06 - Dec 29 by ITFC_Forever

Who knows.

surely there's some official document to state on the % of player required?!

otherwise it could be a case of counting 18 year olds in the youths to get a first team game called off!

Games called off for Covid on 09:24 - Dec 29 with 899 viewstextbackup

Games called off for Covid on 09:20 - Dec 29 by xrayspecs

I believe the EFL rules are that you need 13 outfield players and a GK to be available from the 22 (?) outfield and keepers that are registered for league games.

So if you lose nine players to Covid and injury, then you are below the number needed.

Not sure what the situation is for the younger unregistered players (El Mix in our case), whether these count as eligible, or not.

thank you

Games called off for Covid on 10:14 - Dec 29 with 802 viewsBluroo

Shame we didn’t call off most of Cooks games
Games called off for Covid on 10:46 - Dec 29 with 750 viewsjas0999

Games called off for Covid on 09:06 - Dec 29 by ITFC_Forever

Who knows.

Newcastle a classic example. Their two best players limped off against United … now next game off due to covid.
Games called off for Covid on 11:45 - Dec 29 with 662 viewsChrisd

How long is this approach by clubs going on for, to cover the Christmas period?! I've got a sneaky suspicion that Covid will still be around after 1st January, so should we all expect more games to be called off in this fashion until the end of the season? Is this the new status quo? Just asking for a friend.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 11:51]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Login to get fewer ads

Games called off for Covid on 11:45 - Dec 29 with 660 viewsjayessess

Games called off for Covid on 09:20 - Dec 29 by xrayspecs

they count if they've played a league match this season - so Harper, El Mizouni, Humphreys, Clements and Barry would all also be on our list, and we'd be allowed to play Kenlock too apparently. So, we'd need 16 outfield players to be injured/Covid+ for a postponement.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Games called off for Covid on 11:49 - Dec 29 with 644 viewstextbackup

Games called off for Covid on 11:45 - Dec 29 by Chrisd

How long is this approach by clubs going on for, to cover the Christmas period?! I've got a sneaky suspicion that Covid will still be around after 1st January, so should we all expect more games to be called off in this fashion until the end of the season? Is this the new status quo? Just asking for a friend.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 11:51]

you know what will happen, we'll go all 2nd half of season covid free, moaning about every other club..... then 3 days before our playoff final we'll have Burns Fridge Bonne and Celina hit with covid, and we'll be forced to play with a weaken team and lose

Games called off for Covid on 13:08 - Dec 29 with 510 viewsTractorWood

Games called off for Covid on 11:49 - Dec 29 by textbackup

you know what will happen, we'll go all 2nd half of season covid free, moaning about every other club..... then 3 days before our playoff final we'll have Burns Fridge Bonne and Celina hit with covid, and we'll be forced to play with a weaken team and lose

Feels unlikely. We'd have to perform well after January. That hasn't happened in years.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024