Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half 14:06 - Dec 29 with 1165 viewsGlasgowBlue

and people who are fully vaccinated and boosted may not need to quarantine at all.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/12/27/health/cdc-covid-quarantine-isolation-shorten

This could be a game changer for services and the economy of Omicron continues to be highly infective.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:10 - Dec 29 with 1125 viewsJ2BLUE

This was not based on any science though was it? It was purely to get the plebs back to work serving their overlords.

[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 14:10]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:11 - Dec 29 with 1110 viewsGlasgowBlue

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:10 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

This was not based on any science though was it? It was purely to get the plebs back to work serving their overlords.

[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 14:10]

From the article.

"The change is motivated by science demonstrating that the majority of SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurs early in the course of illness, generally in the 1-2 days prior to onset of symptoms and the 2-3 days after. Therefore, people who test positive should isolate for five days and, if asymptomatic at that time, they may leave isolation if they can continue to mask for five days to minimize the risk of infecting others."

Iron Lion Zion

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:13 - Dec 29 with 1103 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I was speaking to a virologist a week or so ago and the hope in their community is that this is the beginning of the end for Covid. Spanish flu, was active for three years before multiple mutations took it to the common flu we know and love today.

Fingers crossed.

However, he did also say that as Omicron becomes the dominant strain, Delta will die out and this could be our only chance for an effective global herd immunity. So I guessing wide infections for some time yet.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:14 - Dec 29 with 1091 viewsJ2BLUE

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:11 - Dec 29 by GlasgowBlue

From the article.

"The change is motivated by science demonstrating that the majority of SARS-CoV-2 transmission occurs early in the course of illness, generally in the 1-2 days prior to onset of symptoms and the 2-3 days after. Therefore, people who test positive should isolate for five days and, if asymptomatic at that time, they may leave isolation if they can continue to mask for five days to minimize the risk of infecting others."

Hmm. Fair enough. Trying to find the clip of Fauci which makes me doubt that.

Truly impaired.

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:16 - Dec 29 with 1070 viewsGlasgowBlue

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:14 - Dec 29 by J2BLUE

Hmm. Fair enough. Trying to find the clip of Fauci which makes me doubt that.

Here is the full CDC recommendation.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1227-isolation-quarantine-guidance.html

We either follow the science or we don't.

Iron Lion Zion

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:16 - Dec 29 with 1062 viewsTractorWood

Makes mask wearing even more important. Seems an enormous amount of exempt people about whenever I pop in somewhere.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:17 - Dec 29 with 1053 viewsJ2BLUE

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:16 - Dec 29 by GlasgowBlue

Here is the full CDC recommendation.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1227-isolation-quarantine-guidance.html

We either follow the science or we don't.

Maybe Fauci was wrong. I'm more than happy to take my chances at this point.

Truly impaired.

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:21 - Dec 29 with 1033 viewsCheltenham_Blue

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:16 - Dec 29 by TractorWood

Makes mask wearing even more important. Seems an enormous amount of exempt people about whenever I pop in somewhere.

Went into Tesco's yesterday. Youngish bloke who clearly spends too much time on the top work and skips leg day, went in immediately before me, said to the security guard,

"I can't wear a mask mate, I've got that COPD aint I?"

Both laughed, and in he went.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 14:21]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:26 - Dec 29 with 986 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's looking increasingly likely that we'd be able to do that without any severe consequences, and yeah that would be a major boost to the NHS. There seems to be quite a lot of noise from within the sector that we're at or near the point where the staff absences are causing more damage to care than the actual disease.

Cautiously optimistic is probably the best way to sum up where we are atm with Omicron. We're not quite there yet, but each few days that passes is seemingly providing good news. Aren't they just waiting now to see how it impacts the older age groups as the impact so far been driven by school/younger age group activities (bars, events and the like)? If the outcomes mirror those for younger age groups we could see a fairly quick relaxing of the various restrictions around the UK. That'd be a great way to start 2022 a bit more positively.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:32 - Dec 29 with 928 viewsTractorWood

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:21 - Dec 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

Went into Tesco's yesterday. Youngish bloke who clearly spends too much time on the top work and skips leg day, went in immediately before me, said to the security guard,

Totally agree. I was in a Suffolk Tesco yesterday and spotted similar behaviour.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:32 - Dec 29 with 927 viewsGlasgowBlue

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:26 - Dec 29 by Swansea_Blue

It's looking increasingly likely that we'd be able to do that without any severe consequences, and yeah that would be a major boost to the NHS. There seems to be quite a lot of noise from within the sector that we're at or near the point where the staff absences are causing more damage to care than the actual disease.

Cautiously optimistic is probably the best way to sum up where we are atm with Omicron. We're not quite there yet, but each few days that passes is seemingly providing good news. Aren't they just waiting now to see how it impacts the older age groups as the impact so far been driven by school/younger age group activities (bars, events and the like)? If the outcomes mirror those for younger age groups we could see a fairly quick relaxing of the various restrictions around the UK. That'd be a great way to start 2022 a bit more positively.

Early days, but Omicron could be the best thing that has happened during this whole miserable period of Covid. It's completely wiped Delta out in SA.

Cautiously optimistic that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Iron Lion Zion

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:40 - Dec 29 with 873 viewsIllinoisblue

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:21 - Dec 29 by Cheltenham_Blue

Thankfully rare over here to see people not masking in shops but the ones who don’t wear them all have similar traits. They’re not exempt, they are selfish ignorant scum.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:40 - Dec 29 with 872 viewsSwansea_Blue

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:32 - Dec 29 by GlasgowBlue

Early days, but Omicron could be the best thing that has happened during this whole miserable period of Covid. It's completely wiped Delta out in SA.

Cautiously optimistic that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Yeah, it possibly could be. With the double benefits of being milder in general and a high vaccination rate, we could be in a pretty good position. I'm more than happy to 'learn to live with' the virus when it stops trying to kill us! Being triple jabbed, I'm not worried personally any more, but will certainly be adhering to any restrictions just in case there is a still a significant danger to vulnerable groups. If that proves not to be the case, then happy days.

How good would it be to have some really good news about all this at last?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:58 - Dec 29 with 773 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Thing is, if stupid is stupid does, there is little point in making a big deal and challenging him is there? Best to keep your distance and treat them as an even more probable vector than everyone else. There is a degree to which we all can't help but be exposed and a degree to which we can limit our exposure by keeping as distant from those who either can't or won't wear masks as possible. In the case of the genuinely can't, as much for their safety as our own and our loved ones'.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 15:01 - Dec 29 with 761 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

CDC recommend cutting isolation time in half on 14:40 - Dec 29 by Swansea_Blue

Yeah, it possibly could be. With the double benefits of being milder in general and a high vaccination rate, we could be in a pretty good position. I'm more than happy to 'learn to live with' the virus when it stops trying to kill us! Being triple jabbed, I'm not worried personally any more, but will certainly be adhering to any restrictions just in case there is a still a significant danger to vulnerable groups. If that proves not to be the case, then happy days.

How good would it be to have some really good news about all this at last?

I wouldn't possibly dare to say!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024