Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight 21:33 - Dec 29 with 1626 viewsGlasgowBlue

Run his socks off.

But as an outlet for a team defending a slender lead and hoping to catch the opposition on the break, he really is a poor outlet.

Never on side.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 21:34]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 21:47 - Dec 29 with 1492 viewsRadioOrwell

Can that be coached out of him ?
Or is it just what he does ?
Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 21:47 - Dec 29 with 1492 viewsSuperCoops

Personally thought Norwood was better and very good tonight, he seemed to be everywhere. Bonne just needs a goal, as does Pigott. That would do the world of good to both of them.
Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 21:49 - Dec 29 with 1472 viewsSwansea_Blue

In fairness, Bonne make a lovely take and set us up for one counter attack, but then Carroll went backwards. He was slow getting back a couple of times though - why forwards saunter back has always been a mystery to me.

Anyway, I'm struggling to get past how bad Aluko was to worry too much about anyone else. His worst match in an ITFC shirt since his first (might have even been worse than his first it was that bad).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 21:58 - Dec 29 with 1414 viewsBluecasp

Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 21:49 - Dec 29 by Swansea_Blue

In fairness, Bonne make a lovely take and set us up for one counter attack, but then Carroll went backwards. He was slow getting back a couple of times though - why forwards saunter back has always been a mystery to me.

Anyway, I'm struggling to get past how bad Aluko was to worry too much about anyone else. His worst match in an ITFC shirt since his first (might have even been worse than his first it was that bad).

Too say Aluko was bad is ridiculous, worked hard in the middle and was neat and tidy. The guy oozes class.
Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 21:59 - Dec 29 with 1414 viewsdanger_matt

Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 21:49 - Dec 29 by Swansea_Blue

Don’t understand that comment about Aluko. Thought he was the best player on the pitch in first half. Aluko, Burns and Chaplin were the only ones that showed genuine quality tonight, for me.
Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 22:00 - Dec 29 with 1394 viewsSuperCoops

Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 21:59 - Dec 29 by danger_matt

Don’t understand that comment about Aluko. Thought he was the best player on the pitch in first half. Aluko, Burns and Chaplin were the only ones that showed genuine quality tonight, for me.

I certainly wouldn't put Aluko in the "bad" category tonight. Maybe not quite as effective as previously, but did well in the first half and wouldn't say he was poor.
Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 22:05 - Dec 29 with 1341 viewsKievthegreat

Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 22:00 - Dec 29 by SuperCoops

I certainly wouldn't put Aluko in the "bad" category tonight. Maybe not quite as effective as previously, but did well in the first half and wouldn't say he was poor.

Not as effective in the final third as he'd like, but his tight turns under pressure in midfield was why we were able to maintain possession so much. He was always an outlet for the defence, even when Wycombe would have 2 players on him.
Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 22:07 - Dec 29 with 1319 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 22:05 - Dec 29 by Kievthegreat

Not as effective in the final third as he'd like, but his tight turns under pressure in midfield was why we were able to maintain possession so much. He was always an outlet for the defence, even when Wycombe would have 2 players on him.

The best player we have to hold the ball up.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Login to get fewer ads

Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 22:09 - Dec 29 with 1296 viewsDarkHorse

Totally disagree re Aluko.
Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 22:34 - Dec 29 with 1227 viewsmonty_radio

Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 21:58 - Dec 29 by Bluecasp

Too say Aluko was bad is ridiculous, worked hard in the middle and was neat and tidy. The guy oozes class.

In a cluttered midfield always seems likely to be able to break out into space that others can't create.
[Post edited 29 Dec 2021 22:34]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 22:37 - Dec 29 with 1184 viewsOsborneOneNil

Aluko - you didn’t watch the game, did you.
Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 22:39 - Dec 29 with 1155 viewschrismakin

Do you know which player Aluko was? what a bizarre take.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 08:13 - Dec 30 with 825 viewsnorthants

Akuko bad?!?
In the game I saw he was immense!
A very classy display and certainly one of the best performances of the evening.
Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 08:42 - Dec 30 with 741 viewsgordon

The offsides do my head in! Hopefully McKenna can bring in a looking across the lines coach. Would like to see Chaplin given a game in a front two alongside either of the other three.
Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 08:51 - Dec 30 with 716 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 08:42 - Dec 30 by gordon

The offsides do my head in! Hopefully McKenna can bring in a looking across the lines coach. Would like to see Chaplin given a game in a front two alongside either of the other three.

I find the breaking the line too early only mildly frustrating. The jogging slowly back while clearly a mile offside then putting his hands up when the ball is played to him is bloody infuriating.
Bonne has been the pick of the two strikers tonight on 09:00 - Dec 30 with 691 viewsSteve_M

Hmmm, Aluko was very good in the fist half, keeping and using the ball well under pressure. He did fade badly in the second but think your judgement there is harsh.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024