Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pleased for McKenna and the team 21:49 - Dec 29 with 662 viewsDarth_Koont

Not a great performance against a tough Wycombe.

But surviving the physical onslaught in the last 15 should give some defensive confidence and the win is certainly something to build on.

Onwards and upwards!

Pronouns: He/Him

Pleased for McKenna and the team on 21:51 - Dec 29 with 631 viewsKeno

That’s a proper ground out result

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Pleased for McKenna and the team on 21:54 - Dec 29 with 580 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Looked well drilled and more confident. COYB!
Pleased for McKenna and the team on 21:57 - Dec 29 with 501 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pleased for McKenna and the team on 21:54 - Dec 29 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Looked well drilled and more confident. COYB!

We did. I'm surprised it showed so quickly, but there was a definite improvement. Mentally too. Wycombe pinned us back at the start of the second half but we came through it and in the end looked th more likely to nick another one. We'd have probably lost that 1-2 under the last 2 managers.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pleased for McKenna and the team on 22:00 - Dec 29 with 455 viewschrismakin

Pleased for McKenna and the team on 21:57 - Dec 29 by Swansea_Blue

We did. I'm surprised it showed so quickly, but there was a definite improvement. Mentally too. Wycombe pinned us back at the start of the second half but we came through it and in the end looked th more likely to nick another one. We'd have probably lost that 1-2 under the last 2 managers.

I think first half we attacked in actual phases. Sometimes the gap wasn't there so we came back and went again.

It made it much more solid even when we Lost the ball as we weren't all over the pitch.

2nd half we went a bit too deep.. I don't think that will be us as much going forwards you hope. But sometimes you naturally sit deeper. I noticed first half we pressed their fullbacks.2nd half we let them come at us.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pleased for McKenna and the team on 22:02 - Dec 29 with 415 viewsRadioOrwell

Pleased for McKenna and the team on 22:00 - Dec 29 by chrismakin

I think first half we attacked in actual phases. Sometimes the gap wasn't there so we came back and went again.

It made it much more solid even when we Lost the ball as we weren't all over the pitch.

2nd half we went a bit too deep.. I don't think that will be us as much going forwards you hope. But sometimes you naturally sit deeper. I noticed first half we pressed their fullbacks.2nd half we let them come at us.

Most of the 2nd half Mills was saying the defence needs to push up.
Burns was like a full back.
Pleased for McKenna and the team on 22:02 - Dec 29 with 413 viewsurbanblue

Pleased for McKenna and the team on 22:00 - Dec 29 by chrismakin

A manager with some tactical nous ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024