Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I Enjoyed That. 22:18 - Dec 29 with 1035 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Needed a gritty, ugly win against a bloody horrible team. A nice glass or two of red to celebrate when I get home.
COYFB

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

I Enjoyed That. on 22:48 - Dec 29 with 930 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Yes. Agree. We played one of the nastiest teams in the league who are on a run and were able to match them physically and nice to see us doing our fair share of sh1thousery. Particularly liked Chaplin's oh I never heard the whistle kick the ball away...

If you can't do the nasty things in this league you don't often get to do the nice things. We've been too nice for far too long. It's been a longtime since I watched us score early, withstand the pressure and not crumble to the second half pressure. Usually I get that sinking feeling in my stomach around 80 mins when I just know the oppo are going to equalize.

Not this time.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

I Enjoyed That. on 22:53 - Dec 29 with 882 viewsJDB23

Yeah I really liked that. Wasn’t pretty and we didn’t look fluid in possession but we showed something I’ve rarely seen in an Ipswich side of late, grittiness. Dealt with their threat very well and didn’t wilt where we probably have done before. Really good start to build from and hopefully we get to see more of the other side of the game on top of that moving forward.
I Enjoyed That. on 22:53 - Dec 29 with 875 viewsDeano69

The sort of game we have struggled to take points from in the past. Quite pleasing.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I Enjoyed That. on 22:57 - Dec 29 with 832 viewsSwansea_Blue

And the double over them too, just to add the cherry on top. They certainly like a bit of sh*thousery, but don’t seem that good a team from what we’ve seen of them.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

I Enjoyed That. on 23:57 - Dec 29 with 702 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I Enjoyed That. on 22:48 - Dec 29 by OriginalMarkyP

Yes. Agree. We played one of the nastiest teams in the league who are on a run and were able to match them physically and nice to see us doing our fair share of sh1thousery. Particularly liked Chaplin's oh I never heard the whistle kick the ball away...

If you can't do the nasty things in this league you don't often get to do the nice things. We've been too nice for far too long. It's been a longtime since I watched us score early, withstand the pressure and not crumble to the second half pressure. Usually I get that sinking feeling in my stomach around 80 mins when I just know the oppo are going to equalize.

Not this time.

It wasn't a "never heard the whistle" or I am sure he would have been booked. He knew he was off, looked round and saw the flag and then realised the whistle hadn't been blown so "miscontrolled" the ball right into the corner before feigning surprise and annoyance when the whistle was blown.

It was good to see the referee not falling for their diving in our box but I felt might have carded one or two of them to make the point even more firmly.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I Enjoyed That. on 00:02 - Dec 30 with 659 viewsBluecasp

I Enjoyed That. on 23:57 - Dec 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

It wasn't a "never heard the whistle" or I am sure he would have been booked. He knew he was off, looked round and saw the flag and then realised the whistle hadn't been blown so "miscontrolled" the ball right into the corner before feigning surprise and annoyance when the whistle was blown.

It was good to see the referee not falling for their diving in our box but I felt might have carded one or two of them to make the point even more firmly.

Thought the ref did well tonight. Wycombe are a horrible side. Good to see the ref didn't fall for that little cheat Jacobson rolling around in the corner at the end pretending Burns had elbowed him.
I Enjoyed That. on 00:09 - Dec 30 with 618 viewsNthsuffolkblue

I Enjoyed That. on 00:02 - Dec 30 by Bluecasp

Thought the ref did well tonight. Wycombe are a horrible side. Good to see the ref didn't fall for that little cheat Jacobson rolling around in the corner at the end pretending Burns had elbowed him.

Norwood suggested that one of them had elbowed him fairly early on. Seemed close enough to the 4th official that he should have seen it fairly clearly if something had happened. Ref did do well from what I saw.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

I Enjoyed That. on 00:12 - Dec 30 with 583 viewsGarv

I Enjoyed That. on 23:57 - Dec 29 by Nthsuffolkblue

Glad a few others noticed that (Chaplin). Clever and funny in equal measure.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Login to get fewer ads

I Enjoyed That. on 00:14 - Dec 30 with 558 viewsFtnfwest

I Enjoyed That. on 00:02 - Dec 30 by Bluecasp

Agree although I thought he fell for quite a bit including their guy practically rugby talking fridge on the touch line, and getting a free kick for it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024