Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Carroll - what’s the point? 18:01 - Dec 30 with 1909 viewsCotty

He looked awful when he came on again last night, looks a shadow of a player worthy of that many Prem appearances. I hope we didn’t get the big cheque book out for him!!
Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 18:02 - Dec 30 with 1891 viewsKeno

He looked like a contender for this seasons Jonathon Douglas Award

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 18:03 - Dec 30 with 1880 viewsHerbivore

Seems like he was a complete punt. At least he's only on a one year deal. I wonder whether he might be one that's free to find another club in January.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 18:04 - Dec 30 with 1868 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Good player a few years ago.

Very much a signing that I thought was more likely in the Marcus Evans era. Sign a very injury prone player in the hope they will come good.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 18:06 - Dec 30 with 1844 viewsLankHenners

Right now looks another player whose career has been torn apart by injuries. Shame for him but would be interested to see if McKenna can get someone like El-Miz or Harper going in that midfield role. Different types of player but both comfortable on (and want to be on) the ball which may help keep possession a bit more tidily than we did at the end last night.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 18:18 - Dec 30 with 1708 viewsHipsterectomy

QPR are doing well this season and he was a player they wanted to keep I think.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 18:19 - Dec 30 with 1696 viewsZXBlue

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 18:18 - Dec 30 by Hipsterectomy

QPR are doing well this season and he was a player they wanted to keep I think.

Probably will look much better with a run of games, but am not convinced of his prospects in that regard here.
Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 18:45 - Dec 30 with 1529 viewshype313

Loked totally off it when he came on, but he's hardly played any football over the past year.

Hope he's not another Huws, great player a few years back, but injuries have finished him.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 18:47 - Dec 30 with 1507 viewsfooters

Wonder what he'd shown McKenna to be worthy of an inclusion? Are the other CMs just out injured/covid?

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Login to get fewer ads

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 18:49 - Dec 30 with 1500 viewsMullet

I thought the change was really interesting as we packed the midfield deeper. I think awful is a little harsh because the game disintegrated into them flailing at us desperately to get something.

He looked good enough at Lincoln but needing a bit of space to do things well, which he won’t get in this league. I do wonder if the Spurs connection with him and KVY crosses over at all with KmcK for them to be trusted by him this season.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 18:55 - Dec 30 with 1446 viewsGuthrum

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 18:49 - Dec 30 by Mullet

I thought the change was really interesting as we packed the midfield deeper. I think awful is a little harsh because the game disintegrated into them flailing at us desperately to get something.

He looked good enough at Lincoln but needing a bit of space to do things well, which he won’t get in this league. I do wonder if the Spurs connection with him and KVY crosses over at all with KmcK for them to be trusted by him this season.

Believe McKenna said in an interview that Carroll was someone he already knew.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2021 18:56]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 19:00 - Dec 30 with 1401 viewsVaughan8

I lost faith after his performance in the barrow fa Replay.

Should be dictating play, instead slowed every going down and kept passing backwards. Would be interested to know how many forward passes he did.

I remember moaning he kept passing it backwards, then he did a forward pass straight to a Barrow player.
Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 19:40 - Dec 30 with 1265 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 19:00 - Dec 30 by Vaughan8

I lost faith after his performance in the barrow fa Replay.

Should be dictating play, instead slowed every going down and kept passing backwards. Would be interested to know how many forward passes he did.

I remember moaning he kept passing it backwards, then he did a forward pass straight to a Barrow player.

He was woeful in that match (didn't he get hooked at half time too?). I don't think you can judge him on a few minutes substitute appearance but he is going to need to get fit and playing far better or he won't be here much longer.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 19:54 - Dec 30 with 1188 viewstractordownsouth

I don’t think we’d have signed him had Morsy become available earlier in the window

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tom Carroll - what’s the point? on 19:57 - Dec 30 with 1170 viewsRobTheMonk

Looked short of confidence. That moment when we had a counter break overload on and he decided to turn backwards was borderline criminal from a so-called passing midfielder.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024