Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... 20:00 - Dec 30 with 1999 viewsOriginalMarkyP

... T-shirts in the club shop almost as much as I am to seeing Stokie, Herbibore and Footers wearing them.

😉

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 20:15 - Dec 30 with 1926 viewsfooters

You're a deeply strange individual.

But fair play, you've found your niche. Enjoy it while it lasts.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 20:42 - Dec 30 with 1857 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 20:15 - Dec 30 by footers

Oh you like me really.

And I'm drearily normal as it happens.

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 20:49 - Dec 30 with 1843 viewsfooters

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 20:42 - Dec 30 by OriginalMarkyP

Oh you like me really.

And I'm drearily normal as it happens.

Yes, I could've guessed that when simping for a crap L2 striker became your main hobby.

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 20:51 - Dec 30 with 1841 viewsHerbivore

Proper weirdo.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 21:07 - Dec 30 with 1782 viewsjeera

This trolling was tedious weeks ago.

I'm a bit surprised you're still getting away with it to be honest.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 11:42 - Dec 31 with 1542 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 21:07 - Dec 30 by jeera

This trolling was tedious weeks ago.

I'm a bit surprised you're still getting away with it to be honest.

I think the problem is those lads not admitting they were wrong. If they just held their hands up I'm sure MarkyP would stop.

He has a point. Stokers, for example, gave him pelters and said Norwood would never play for the club again. Following that post he's played every game and scored 3 goals. It's hilarious! You can't really blame MarkyP for giving it back following that (and said posters going quiet over it).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 11:46 - Dec 31 with 1525 viewsfooters

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 11:42 - Dec 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

I think the problem is those lads not admitting they were wrong. If they just held their hands up I'm sure MarkyP would stop.

He has a point. Stokers, for example, gave him pelters and said Norwood would never play for the club again. Following that post he's played every game and scored 3 goals. It's hilarious! You can't really blame MarkyP for giving it back following that (and said posters going quiet over it).

Oh look, it's that guy who famously always admits when he's wrong about something.

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 11:54 - Dec 31 with 1504 viewschrismakin

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 11:42 - Dec 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

There's always this desperate need to put down posters for having having their own views.

Stoker's. Footers etc are entitled to not rate a player. Even scoring 3 goals in 3 games doesn't automatically mean they have to suddenly change their opinion.

I don't rate bonne as highly as others, but that's football.

Marky posted very similar to how I did for PC before It was finally obvious I was wrong. Potentially marky is right about norwood, he still might not be when it comes to the weeks ahead. Who knows. But its not a shock to see stokie etc not holding hands up as there's nothing to hold hands up for.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Login to get fewer ads

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 12:36 - Dec 31 with 1477 viewsStokieBlue

An interesting take from someone who is well known for not backing down from nonsense views. How are the conversations with the conscious sun going?

As for the thread, I didn't go quiet, I've replied to him last week saying if all you want is for the striker to score goals then Norwood is fine (was in the right position yesterday to belly it into the net). However the rest of his game is awful, he couldn't pass at all the other day and once again tried to start a fight. I think most on here thought Bonne was the pick of the strikers. I still don't think Norwood would have played for us again if Cook wasn't sacked and I still don't like Norwood as a person.

It's a big faux pas to call out posters on here yet he's done it twice in two weeks, he got something like 30 downvotes last time. It's pretty pathetic stuff.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

"Self Awareness 101" (n/t) on 13:00 - Dec 31 with 1401 viewsBloots

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 13:35 - Dec 31 with 1348 viewsLeaky

Do they do XXXXXlarge
Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 15:11 - Dec 31 with 1294 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 12:36 - Dec 31 by StokieBlue

An interesting take from someone who is well known for not backing down from nonsense views. How are the conversations with the conscious sun going?

As for the thread, I didn't go quiet, I've replied to him last week saying if all you want is for the striker to score goals then Norwood is fine (was in the right position yesterday to belly it into the net). However the rest of his game is awful, he couldn't pass at all the other day and once again tried to start a fight. I think most on here thought Bonne was the pick of the strikers. I still don't think Norwood would have played for us again if Cook wasn't sacked and I still don't like Norwood as a person.

It's a big faux pas to call out posters on here yet he's done it twice in two weeks, he got something like 30 downvotes last time. It's pretty pathetic stuff.

SB

The conscious sun thread was obviously not serious and I know you're brighter than this to think otherwise, so a pretty weird one to bring up.

But yes I admit I'm wrong when I am and have done several times. My issue with you over Norwood was doing that *definite* thing people do on TWTD - he WON'T play again... and then he plays and scores in almost every game since. It was just a bit funny, no need to get upset about it and start swinging at other posters pointing it out.

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 15:12 - Dec 31 with 1290 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 11:46 - Dec 31 by footers

Oh look, it's that guy who famously always admits when he's wrong about something.

I'm sorry to have to tell you that I didn't get Covid at the Sunderland match, I'm fit and healthy and so is my family.

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 15:15 - Dec 31 with 1279 viewsfooters

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 15:12 - Dec 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

I'm sorry to have to tell you that I didn't get Covid at the Sunderland match, I'm fit and healthy and so is my family.

Potatoes.

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 16:24 - Dec 31 with 1195 viewsWestcountryblue

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 12:36 - Dec 31 by StokieBlue

SB

I would completely disagree with your statement that the 'rest of his game is awful'. To judge a player purely on his or her technical ability is to use an incredibly narrow lens indeed.

I'm sure most centre backs would confirm that Norwood is absolutely horrible to play against. He presses, works hard, is aggressive, winds players up, distracts, occupies smart positions, makes intelligent runs, is good in the air and can put away chances.

23 goals in 59 appearances is a good return for a player that has been in and out of the treatment room. The bigger issue are his banjo string like hamstrings.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 16:25]
Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 19:38 - Dec 31 with 1105 viewsBlueBadger

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 20:15 - Dec 30 by footers

I'm not sure we wanted or needed a Makin Tribute Act but there you go.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 19:58 - Dec 31 with 1076 viewsjeera

Giving 'it' back?

What are you on about now?

The bloke was starting one thread after another banging on about a player who people were sore at for a number of valid reasons. It was blatant trolling.

Since then it would appear Norwood has worked his way back into the fold, good for him.

What has followed is even more trolling and the OP has taken some sort of personal credit for JN's return to the team.

You're encouraging the bloke to be a divisive twit. Well done.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 20:06]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 21:24 - Dec 31 with 1002 viewsOriginalMarkyP

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 19:58 - Dec 31 by jeera

Giving 'it' back?

What are you on about now?

The bloke was starting one thread after another banging on about a player who people were sore at for a number of valid reasons. It was blatant trolling.

Since then it would appear Norwood has worked his way back into the fold, good for him.

What has followed is even more trolling and the OP has taken some sort of personal credit for JN's return to the team.

You're encouraging the bloke to be a divisive twit. Well done.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 20:06]

Or we could just say I was right and others were wrong and leave it at that. Works for me.

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 22:11 - Dec 31 with 980 viewswkj

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 15:11 - Dec 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

The conscious sun thread was obviously not serious and I know you're brighter than this to think otherwise, so a pretty weird one to bring up.

But yes I admit I'm wrong when I am and have done several times. My issue with you over Norwood was doing that *definite* thing people do on TWTD - he WON'T play again... and then he plays and scores in almost every game since. It was just a bit funny, no need to get upset about it and start swinging at other posters pointing it out.

The communication from the player himself made it seem he wasn't going to be playing again - Cook seemingly was the gatekeeper. One can't be faulted to have reached such a conclusion, especially given the fact that we were locked into a one striker system at the time. Strike partnerships are usually much better for aging strikers - and I really doubt that he'd have been near as effective in Cook's old system.

Without a doubt, Norwood needed to get his finger out and his arse in gear - he's better for it too.

I still think there are better options out there than Norwood though, and if that better option is identified, we should waste little time securing it as Norwood is not at a point of his career where ability is going to be on an upward trend.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 22:15 - Dec 31 with 975 viewswkj

Looking forward to seeing the Bash Bros... on 21:24 - Dec 31 by OriginalMarkyP

Or we could just say I was right and others were wrong and leave it at that. Works for me.

Give what we knew at the time, that we were locked into a one-striker formation - Norwood and Jackson were not the right players for that formation. Bonne would have been streets ahead. Moving into a 2 striker system changes that dynamic completely - so Jackson and Norwood have much more potential.

At the time, given Cook's tactics - Norwood was not the right striker. That has changed with the change of tactics.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024