Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Highlights of 2021? 22:17 - Dec 30 with 511 viewsSwansea_Blue

What have you got? A funny year. Normally it would have been rubbish, but after 2020’s Covid restrictions this one was a bit more free. We got to go to the footie again after months of watching streams, options opened up for holidays, and we could spend more time with our friends and distant family.

For me, I’ll forever be grateful that we were able to have a fantastic summer holiday in N Wales, part of which we stayed with may old man. It was the last time he got to see us and his grandkids, but we had no reason to suspect at the time that he would pass away a few months later. We had a brilliant week with him and that means more than the pain of losing him. It was the first time he’d been out of his house properly since Covid started and we took him round to see his various friends and favourite haunts. It was marvellous (and I cooked a whole chicken on the bbq for the first time using the beer can up its arris method - very easy!).

Other than that, I enjoyed our romp against Doncaster and the few excellent goals we’ve scored, with Celina’s chip the cherry on the cake. The kids got back to training and competitions in the pool, and I changed jobs internally and now work with people instead of tw*ts.

Other than that it’s been a quiet year of TWTDing, er I mean WFH, and staying local.

How’s your 2021 been?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Highlights of 2021? on 09:32 - Dec 31 with 376 viewsChurchman

It was lovely for you to be able to spend that precious time with your dad.

For me, it’s been a quiet year, but an ok one. Health has been good and managed to get out and about seeing chums after lockdown. Adding two new kittens to the house in October was and is fun too. Had a bit of work done on the house and spent quality time with the misses, which I wasn’t often able to do when I was working.

I miss not having holidays, but they’ll happen again one day and I’ve been lucky enough to do a little bit of that in my life.

The only real downer has been my dad’s health which has declined and isn’t the best - as you’d expect with somebody who first saw Ipswich play before the war!

All in all, like 2020 a quiet year, but an ok for me personally.
Highlights of 2021? on 21:39 - Dec 31 with 308 viewsSwansea_Blue

Highlights of 2021? on 09:32 - Dec 31 by Churchman

It was lovely for you to be able to spend that precious time with your dad.

For me, it’s been a quiet year, but an ok one. Health has been good and managed to get out and about seeing chums after lockdown. Adding two new kittens to the house in October was and is fun too. Had a bit of work done on the house and spent quality time with the misses, which I wasn’t often able to do when I was working.

I miss not having holidays, but they’ll happen again one day and I’ve been lucky enough to do a little bit of that in my life.

The only real downer has been my dad’s health which has declined and isn’t the best - as you’d expect with somebody who first saw Ipswich play before the war!

All in all, like 2020 a quiet year, but an ok for me personally.

Sounds like a massive success if you’ve managed to get people in to do a couple of kitchens! We’ve been waiting a year for ours.

I’m with you on holidays. We normally have about 3 per year with at least 1 big one. We’re missing those, but also learning to appreciate the smaller every day things and finding out a lot about our local area.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024