Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. 09:16 - Dec 31 with 4705 viewsBlueBadger

1. No mask
2. Chelsea supporter.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/dec/30/dominic-raab-photographed-at-ch

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:31 - Dec 31 with 2694 viewsKeno

Lest we forget Raab is just a tribute act

[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 9:31]

Poll: What the penalty given last night because
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:37 - Dec 31 with 2677 viewsChurchman

I came across him when he was responsible for DExEU (dept for exiting the EU). He was utterly useless in every respect. Nice bloke and I believe quite academically intelligent, but a complete waste of space.

A plastic Chelsea fan? I’m not surprised.
Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:40 - Dec 31 with 2652 viewsBlueBadger

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:37 - Dec 31 by Churchman

I came across him when he was responsible for DExEU (dept for exiting the EU). He was utterly useless in every respect. Nice bloke and I believe quite academically intelligent, but a complete waste of space.

A plastic Chelsea fan? I’m not surprised.

You can prove to within 7 decimal places that Chelsea fans are the worst fans in football.

A unique combination of huge johnny come lately element coupled to unwarranted entitlement and some old-skool racism and thuggery thrown in.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:41 - Dec 31 with 2649 viewsgtsb1966

I don't particularly like the man but there really is nothing to see here. He's doing nothing wrong. I assume you've seen the photos of our directors box on Wednesday.
Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:43 - Dec 31 with 2651 viewsBlueBadger

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:41 - Dec 31 by gtsb1966

I don't particularly like the man but there really is nothing to see here. He's doing nothing wrong. I assume you've seen the photos of our directors box on Wednesday.

He's a Chelea supporter, that alone is reason enough to find him deeply untrustworthy and awful.

Plus, you know, when you're part of government which is issuing guidelines regarding use of masks at social gatherings you probably at leats TRY to lead by by example.

You know, like his boss does.

[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 9:44]

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. (n/t) on 09:44 - Dec 31 with 2642 viewsAlexitfc2

[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 19:25]
Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:46 - Dec 31 with 2620 viewsBlueBadger

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. (n/t) on 09:44 - Dec 31 by Alexitfc2

When you're part of government which is issuing guidelines regarding use of masks at social gatherings you probably at leats TRY to lead by by example. If anything, you should probably go over and above.

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. (n/t) on 09:48 - Dec 31 with 2617 viewsAlexitfc2

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:46 - Dec 31 by BlueBadger

When you're part of government which is issuing guidelines regarding use of masks at social gatherings you probably at leats TRY to lead by by example. If anything, you should probably go over and above.

Login to get fewer ads

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:50 - Dec 31 with 2604 viewsBlueBadger

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. (n/t) on 09:48 - Dec 31 by Alexitfc2

But if you're a person in a position of leadership, you should be f**kig leading and setting an example.

Mind you, his boss doesn't, so why should he?

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. (n/t) on 09:51 - Dec 31 with 2595 viewsAlexitfc2

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:50 - Dec 31 by BlueBadger

But if you're a person in a position of leadership, you should be f**kig leading and setting an example.

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:54 - Dec 31 with 2557 viewsBlueBadger

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. (n/t) on 09:51 - Dec 31 by Alexitfc2

I've been working through this bullsh1t for nearly two years. I have extremely limited tolerance for anyone who can't be arsed doing their bit.

I don't 'hate' the average Town fan, I HATE the people in positions of leadership who can't be arsed to set examples and take a lead and offer an 'easy out' for the lazy, the selfish and the sometimes plain confused.

Plus, you know, there's the even more egregious thing of supporting Chelsea, the world's worst club with the world's worst supporters.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 9:55]

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:54 - Dec 31 with 2543 viewsnoggin

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:50 - Dec 31 by BlueBadger

Yeah but Labour....

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 11:00 - Dec 31 with 2438 viewsjimmyvet

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 09:54 - Dec 31 by BlueBadger

I've been working through this bullsh1t for nearly two years. I have extremely limited tolerance for anyone who can't be arsed doing their bit.

I don't 'hate' the average Town fan, I HATE the people in positions of leadership who can't be arsed to set examples and take a lead and offer an 'easy out' for the lazy, the selfish and the sometimes plain confused.

Plus, you know, there's the even more egregious thing of supporting Chelsea, the world's worst club with the world's worst supporters.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2021 9:55]

You shouldn’t hate anyone.You posted a while back about mental health and being kind to people some of your vitriol and hate posted today is pretty poor and you ought to practice what you were preaching a while back to others!

Johnson is an incompetent Buffon but I don’t hate him or Rabb or all Tories, most of whom are decent hard working people who just disagree with you on politics.
Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 12:48 - Dec 31 with 2273 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 11:00 - Dec 31 by jimmyvet

You shouldn’t hate anyone.You posted a while back about mental health and being kind to people some of your vitriol and hate posted today is pretty poor and you ought to practice what you were preaching a while back to others!

Johnson is an incompetent Buffon but I don’t hate him or Rabb or all Tories, most of whom are decent hard working people who just disagree with you on politics.

“ most of whom are decent hard working people ”

LOL
Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 12:53 - Dec 31 with 2257 viewsZXBlue

Sorry, but they are not.

They are people who are actively deceiving and attacking fundamental values of integrity in office.
Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 13:00 - Dec 31 with 2234 viewsfooters

"Johnson is an incompetent Buffon"

At a time when the country needs a safe pair of hands most, sadly Johnson is more Bryan Gunn than Buffon.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 13:14 - Dec 31 with 2204 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

1 out of 2....not a bad strike rate for you BB! :)

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 13:36 - Dec 31 with 2152 viewsDarth_Koont

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 12:53 - Dec 31 by ZXBlue

Sorry, but they are not.

They are people who are actively deceiving and attacking fundamental values of integrity in office.

Indeed.

“Actively deceiving and attacking the fundamental values of integrity in office” is also one of my biggest problems with Starmer et al in the office of opposition leader.

Maybe we’ve reached a low point with Johnson and his replacement will be better. But we need a lot better across the board (including our media) to shift the Overton window of acceptable honesty and transparency in public life. Johnson was, if anything, an inevitable result of those more general failings.

Pronouns: He/Him

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 13:48 - Dec 31 with 2122 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 13:36 - Dec 31 by Darth_Koont

Indeed.

“Actively deceiving and attacking the fundamental values of integrity in office” is also one of my biggest problems with Starmer et al in the office of opposition leader.

Maybe we’ve reached a low point with Johnson and his replacement will be better. But we need a lot better across the board (including our media) to shift the Overton window of acceptable honesty and transparency in public life. Johnson was, if anything, an inevitable result of those more general failings.

Starmer is not the problem. You only dislike his “integrity” because he’s rightly removing the unelectables in the party.

I’m not a natural Labour voter, but I’m not so idealogically driven that I wouldn’t recognise he’d do a much better job than what we have now.
Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 14:54 - Dec 31 with 2025 viewsDarth_Koont

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 13:48 - Dec 31 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Starmer is not the problem. You only dislike his “integrity” because he’s rightly removing the unelectables in the party.

I’m not a natural Labour voter, but I’m not so idealogically driven that I wouldn’t recognise he’d do a much better job than what we have now.

“Starmer is not the problem. You only dislike his “integrity” because he’s rightly removing the unelectables in the party.”

No, regardless of how disingenuous and distasteful I find Starmer’s show trials, that’s literally a sideshow or symptom of the bigger problem. And a problem which Starmer et al are firmly a part of.

For decades in the UK we’ve ignored underlying issues and put our faith in some fantasy neoliberal settlement. This was clearly continued under New Labour and made far too many issues worse. The fractures and divisions plus a shaky future in the UK have come from ignoring these issues.

Scottish independence and growing independence sentiment in Wales and NI? You can’t be the most centralised country in the OECD and just bury your head in the sand and expect the regions to work things out for themselves.

Brexit? Ties in with the above but you can’t expect regions and communities to support the establishment in a bounty they don’t really share. That disillusionment and disenfranchisement comes from years of structural inequality and overall decline in our economy, with almost a total lack of investment in the wider economy and infrastructure to show for it. Even Johnson’s paltry levelling up is being lapped up but that’s just pork barrel politics and no indication that the penny has really dropped.

Young-old inequality? Which also reflects racial, regional, gender inequality too. We’ve defaulted to serving the interests of a very middle-aged, middle-class, white, male and home-owning electorate (who coincidentally are the same as our politicians, journalists and their mates). We’re actively screwing over those outside that and making their lives worse than they’ve been for the first time in the last 70 years. As house prices go up, social mobility decreases and our low productivity and underlying poor economic performance continue, we’re creating an even more unstable future. What’s the end-game here?

The future itself? Meanwhile, we’re so stuck in our fantasy socio-political bubble that we’re falling behind most of the developed world in addressing the real global challenges of climate, AI, automation and an aging population. Who’s even lifting these subjects into any sort of coherent discussion? No, instead we seem to be focusing on culture war nonsense designed to restrict the rights of the people who have most to complain about.

So my dislike of Starmer is much more rooted in his lying about who he was and what he stands for to gain control of the Labour Party. He talked about building on the social democratic policy platform of 2017 then he made his own pledges to reinforce that. Now he’s backed away from them almost entirely and is only talking about tinkering with the system rather than doing the job he was elected for.

He’s miles away from being a solution to anything apart from reestablishing the status quo and our continued avoidance of real social and economic issues. Johnson is a chaotic disaster and a threat to the country, but nothing makes our decline more inevitable than if we bring someone in to actually manage the decline.

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 15:12 - Dec 31 with 1975 viewsZXBlue

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 14:54 - Dec 31 by Darth_Koont

“Starmer is not the problem. You only dislike his “integrity” because he’s rightly removing the unelectables in the party.”

No, regardless of how disingenuous and distasteful I find Starmer’s show trials, that’s literally a sideshow or symptom of the bigger problem. And a problem which Starmer et al are firmly a part of.

For decades in the UK we’ve ignored underlying issues and put our faith in some fantasy neoliberal settlement. This was clearly continued under New Labour and made far too many issues worse. The fractures and divisions plus a shaky future in the UK have come from ignoring these issues.

Scottish independence and growing independence sentiment in Wales and NI? You can’t be the most centralised country in the OECD and just bury your head in the sand and expect the regions to work things out for themselves.

Brexit? Ties in with the above but you can’t expect regions and communities to support the establishment in a bounty they don’t really share. That disillusionment and disenfranchisement comes from years of structural inequality and overall decline in our economy, with almost a total lack of investment in the wider economy and infrastructure to show for it. Even Johnson’s paltry levelling up is being lapped up but that’s just pork barrel politics and no indication that the penny has really dropped.

Young-old inequality? Which also reflects racial, regional, gender inequality too. We’ve defaulted to serving the interests of a very middle-aged, middle-class, white, male and home-owning electorate (who coincidentally are the same as our politicians, journalists and their mates). We’re actively screwing over those outside that and making their lives worse than they’ve been for the first time in the last 70 years. As house prices go up, social mobility decreases and our low productivity and underlying poor economic performance continue, we’re creating an even more unstable future. What’s the end-game here?

The future itself? Meanwhile, we’re so stuck in our fantasy socio-political bubble that we’re falling behind most of the developed world in addressing the real global challenges of climate, AI, automation and an aging population. Who’s even lifting these subjects into any sort of coherent discussion? No, instead we seem to be focusing on culture war nonsense designed to restrict the rights of the people who have most to complain about.

So my dislike of Starmer is much more rooted in his lying about who he was and what he stands for to gain control of the Labour Party. He talked about building on the social democratic policy platform of 2017 then he made his own pledges to reinforce that. Now he’s backed away from them almost entirely and is only talking about tinkering with the system rather than doing the job he was elected for.

He’s miles away from being a solution to anything apart from reestablishing the status quo and our continued avoidance of real social and economic issues. Johnson is a chaotic disaster and a threat to the country, but nothing makes our decline more inevitable than if we bring someone in to actually manage the decline.

Smoeone help me to understand how a thread rightly criticising Raab and his cronies in government, has become yet another diatribe (vague as usual) against Keir Starmer?
Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 15:12 - Dec 31 with 1974 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 14:54 - Dec 31 by Darth_Koont

I don’t disagree with many of the issues you’ve raised there. However to actually do anything about them you have to be in power, or you are just sniping from the sidelines.

Perhaps if he tackles the things MOST voters care about; taxation, strong economy and jobs, access to good healthcare and education he will get elected. Then you can start looking at the bigger picture issues.

Anyway didn’t mean to deviate the thread, just noticed you seem to spend more time criticising Starmer than the worst UK government in my lifetime.
Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 15:28 - Dec 31 with 1939 viewsgardins01

Why would you hate anyone
Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 15:29 - Dec 31 with 1935 viewsDarth_Koont

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 15:12 - Dec 31 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I don’t disagree with many of the issues you’ve raised there. However to actually do anything about them you have to be in power, or you are just sniping from the sidelines.

Perhaps if he tackles the things MOST voters care about; taxation, strong economy and jobs, access to good healthcare and education he will get elected. Then you can start looking at the bigger picture issues.

Anyway didn’t mean to deviate the thread, just noticed you seem to spend more time criticising Starmer than the worst UK government in my lifetime.

I take the Tories as read. They and far too many of their ideas have held absolute sway over the past 40 years.

But if there’s no actual opposition to that ideology, and no leadership, then it just carries on. People talk about how great New Labour was (Yes, better than the Tories and life improved for many during the upswing in the global economy. But the seeds were sown even then and their advances were pretty much wiped out by the financial crash and a move to austerity they also backed. And of course, overall they did very little to invest in the underlying structure of UK society when the global economy was booming.

When you say taxation, you mean lower taxes don’t you? As for the rest, how is that different from what any government says they will do over the past 4 decades? At some point, you’ve got to realise that saying and doing the same thing expecting a different result is the actual problem. We’ve utterly missed a European social democratic alternative that yes, increases taxes and puts money into society for everyone’s good.

Instead we’re following a US low taxation, more individualist model that totally ignores that the world and our position in it has dramatically changed and we’re just not suited for that as a country any more.

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 15:34 - Dec 31 with 1928 viewsDarth_Koont

Two more reasons to hate Dominic Raab. on 15:12 - Dec 31 by ZXBlue

Smoeone help me to understand how a thread rightly criticising Raab and his cronies in government, has become yet another diatribe (vague as usual) against Keir Starmer?

Because we didn’t just wake up with Johnson, Raab, Patel etc.

They’re the result of underlying political, social and economic issues and divisions in the UK and how we’ve just not responded to them. Starmer is that non-response brought to life.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024