Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sone Aluko appreciation thread 11:00 - Dec 31 with 3427 viewsKuqishitsonpukki

What a master on the ball he is, great feet, great to watch, exciting, agile, has scored a few from midfield and some assists as well. Looks like the type of player we’ve needed for about 7 years..let’s just take a moment to appreciate Sone Aluko and how good he is, IMO a strong player of the season contender.
Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 11:42 - Dec 31 with 2778 viewsWhos_blue

My MoM Wednesday night. Faultless performance.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 11:43 - Dec 31 with 2772 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Yep he's great. Twinkle toes. Funny, as well, that many of the TWTD experts slated him at the beginning and questioned why he was even here.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 11:45 - Dec 31 with 2753 viewschrismakin

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 11:43 - Dec 31 by The_Flashing_Smile

Yep he's great. Twinkle toes. Funny, as well, that many of the TWTD experts slated him at the beginning and questioned why he was even here.

Now whilst I wasn't one of those you mention.

I wasn't surprised there was that opinion after his debut. It was probably the worst debut in many years. It was however only his 3rd pre season game compared to others.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 11:54 - Dec 31 with 2727 viewsBluespeed225

Fitness is there now as another post pointed out. Finding a role that suits him has done wonders, he may also have had his father on his mind for a while, but whatever it was he looks a class act now.
Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 12:04 - Dec 31 with 2695 viewsGlasgowBlue

The most complete and cultured player we have at the club.

Others have bags of potential and will get better but Sone is there already. Good to see him getting more game time and being appreciated by manager and fans alike.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 12:12 - Dec 31 with 2656 viewsmarkchips

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 12:04 - Dec 31 by GlasgowBlue

The most complete and cultured player we have at the club.

Others have bags of potential and will get better but Sone is there already. Good to see him getting more game time and being appreciated by manager and fans alike.

Great to see him cement a place in the side and with Burns and Donacien it makes us very strong on that side. We now need to work on the other side. It would’ve been good to see Coulson but he appears to be too delicate for division three.
Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 12:31 - Dec 31 with 2580 viewsbilllm

Guilty, love watching his craft,
Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 12:38 - Dec 31 with 2564 viewsRyorry

Was he one of the two whose flicks were the assists for Norwood's goal on Weds? All happened too quickly for me to see who they were, and haven't seen replays. Very nifty stuff anyway, and yes he shone on Weds (I haven't watched any other full games, might get an iFollow pass for rest of season now tho!).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 12:40 - Dec 31 with 2559 viewsBugs

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 11:42 - Dec 31 by Whos_blue

Not quite faultless, he played a cross field ball to no one at one point. But apart from that he was fantastic.

He wasn't just good on the ball, he was tenacious in closing down as well. A few times that tenaciousness turned over the ball to us in dangerous places on the pitch.
Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 13:43 - Dec 31 with 2441 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Described as the most pointless signing in Town history I think, but we all get things wrong let's enjoy the fact tbe he looks like an astute signing.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 13:46 - Dec 31 with 2430 viewsIllinoisblue

Paul Cook’s parting gift to us and we didn’t even know it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 14:06 - Dec 31 with 2386 viewsOldFart71

I do believe that Aluko may be one of several who improve under McKenna. It's o.k. having players running around on the training ground. But it's something completely different when you have someone like McKenna who will talk with each individual and point out his strengths and weaknesses as he will the team as a whole. We have had many managers who bring in individuals and the team plays like individuals. Also previous managers such as Mccarthy would in order to fit certain players in the side play them out of position either through wanting them in the team or because we hadn't got a replacement. McKenna will be aware of our weaknesses and probably bring in a couple in the January window. Whether due to recalls or just making room for replacements two or three may go as well.
Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 17:56 - Dec 31 with 2147 viewsStrimmer

Absolutely, brilliant the other night and consistently good over the season so far. I love how economic he is with the ball, always (usually) seems to find an out to keep the move moving.

RE him being written off in some quarters, well that’s just a symptom of how football chat is a zero-sum game for so many. He had a bad debut (probably unfit) so he was declared RUBBISH and POINTLESS and so on. That applies to many issues and topics in football, but really is intensely boring imo how nuance and the fact that things can change are ignored by so many. Wouldn’t get reaction on the old social media if you said hmmm let’s wait and see I guess. But still, makes for dreary discourse.

Poll: Was it a punch?

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 18:00 - Dec 31 with 2132 viewsKeaneish

I’d like to see him take less touches with the ball. He’s got great feet and rarely gives away possession but I think he could be a bit more frugal with the length of time he holds on to it. Find it slows the play a little at times but no doubt, he’s been a stand out performer and a surprise asset.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 18:06 - Dec 31 with 2120 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 12:38 - Dec 31 by Ryorry

Was he one of the two whose flicks were the assists for Norwood's goal on Weds? All happened too quickly for me to see who they were, and haven't seen replays. Very nifty stuff anyway, and yes he shone on Weds (I haven't watched any other full games, might get an iFollow pass for rest of season now tho!).

"the two whose flicks were the assists for Norwood's goal on Weds"!

Lol. You really didn't see it very clearly did you? (Neither did I as I was at the other end.) However, I have watched it back and Bonne plays a lovely ball through to Morsey who fails to control it. His miscontrol catches Stockdale out and the ball bounces off his chest to Norwood. It was actually a very scrappy goal. The one Bonne tapped in would have been a far better goal ... if only he hadn't stepped offside. It must have been tight because he wasn't that far ahead of his man when he received it.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 18:06 - Dec 31 with 2119 viewsBluearmy71

I've seen him play over the years but never realised just how good he truly is until he came here, a fantastic signing, hopefully he's still got a good 3 years left in him.
Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 18:15 - Dec 31 with 2098 viewsDarth_Koont

My players of the season so far:

1. Edmundson
2. Donacien
3. Aluko
4. Burns
5. Bonne

Aluko and Burns haven’t played as much as the others either. But they’ve always been among the best 2-3 players on the pitch. If we can get anything like that out of the left side (along with the consistency and solidity of Donacien behind) then we really should be winning most games.

I’d certainly give Aluko another year irrespective of which division we’re in.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 18:20 - Dec 31 with 2088 viewsDavoIPB

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 18:15 - Dec 31 by Darth_Koont

My players of the season so far:

1. Edmundson
2. Donacien
3. Aluko
4. Burns
5. Bonne

Aluko and Burns haven’t played as much as the others either. But they’ve always been among the best 2-3 players on the pitch. If we can get anything like that out of the left side (along with the consistency and solidity of Donacien behind) then we really should be winning most games.

I’d certainly give Aluko another year irrespective of which division we’re in.

And Walton. He has been outstanding! Championship keeper.
Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 18:23 - Dec 31 with 2078 viewsRyorry

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 18:06 - Dec 31 by Nthsuffolkblue

"the two whose flicks were the assists for Norwood's goal on Weds"!

Lol. You really didn't see it very clearly did you? (Neither did I as I was at the other end.) However, I have watched it back and Bonne plays a lovely ball through to Morsey who fails to control it. His miscontrol catches Stockdale out and the ball bounces off his chest to Norwood. It was actually a very scrappy goal. The one Bonne tapped in would have been a far better goal ... if only he hadn't stepped offside. It must have been tight because he wasn't that far ahead of his man when he received it.

Like I said, I saw it as a fleeting camera shot (though I have since read Phil's match report, which explains!). It was very nicely done by Bonne (I know now) for the goal that stood.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 18:25 - Dec 31 with 2072 viewsDarth_Koont

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 18:20 - Dec 31 by DavoIPB

And Walton. He has been outstanding! Championship keeper.

True. And probably ahead of Bonne now (even though I still think he’s doing a pretty good job for the team).

I wonder how close we are to signing Walton or whether it’s off the table.

Pronouns: He/Him

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 19:44 - Dec 31 with 1987 viewsjeera

Love the guy and am full of anticipation every time he has the ball.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 19:56 - Dec 31 with 1957 viewsHipsterectomy

is he only here until the summer or do we have an option? we must sign him up if not

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 21:35 - Dec 31 with 1869 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 11:42 - Dec 31 by Whos_blue

I thought that was his worst performance since his debut, and borderline may have been worse than his debut. Couldn’t run with the ball, couldn’t find a pass. Totally ineffectual from what I saw (only on iFollow though, so I couldn’t see any work he was putting in off the ball).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 21:39 - Dec 31 with 1867 viewsjaykay

i think most of the north stand fell for that dummy that put 2 wycombes defender on their back sides.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 22:59 - Dec 31 with 1805 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Sone Aluko appreciation thread on 19:56 - Dec 31 by Hipsterectomy

is he only here until the summer or do we have an option? we must sign him up if not

He has 1 year with an option for a second, I believe.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024