Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
HNY! Running shoes question.. 00:14 - Jan 1 with 1378 viewsSwailsey

Happy New Year TWTD!

Time for my eagerly awaited biannual running shoe question!

I am looking to upgrade:

Mainly road/pavement running
Two or three times a week
Was running 15-19k in around 2 hours last summer, will be building up to that again
Budget of ideally around £150

Any suggestions please?

Thankies!
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 0:14]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

HNY! Running shoes question.. on 00:20 - Jan 1 with 1359 viewsWD19

You don’t need to spend that much. The ASICS outlet centres will do you last seasons version of what you need for between £60-80. Pick the model that best matches your running style. Folk in the store will help you.

For a mixture of comfort and support I used either the 1000 or 2000. I’ve got a metal pin in my leg, but managed a 1:48 half marathon when I was fitter than I am now.
HNY! Running shoes question.. on 09:20 - Jan 1 with 1232 viewspablo_canooga

Brooks or Hoka One One are always decent.

https://runrepeat.com/

Above site has millions of reviews depending on what type of trainer you're after.
HNY! Running shoes question.. on 09:23 - Jan 1 with 1228 viewseireblue

https://www.wills-vegan-store.co.uk/collections/vegan-mens-sustainable-activewea
HNY! Running shoes question.. on 12:27 - Jan 1 with 1165 viewsTractorWood

I run about 50k a week. Mostly on trails but occasionally race on road.

For racing on road or very dry trails or track work I use the Saucony Endorphin Speed 2. Fantastic shoe, unbelievably fast but slippery in the wet.

On trail I use the Saucony Peregrine 11. Does it all trail shoe. I've used it on ultra marathons and fell races in the peak district. Only down point is that you might want bigger lugs for super muddy conditions like perhaps XC.

For general road miles I use the Saucony triumph 18. I would recommend this based on your description. Hugely comfortable but still nimble and light. I think you can get the triumph 19.

I find Saucony consistently the best quality and best value shoes at this kind of budget point.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

HNY! Running shoes question.. on 16:43 - Jan 1 with 1096 viewsSwailsey

Thanks all - very helpful! Have bought some.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 16:44]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

HNY! Running shoes question.. on 15:52 - Jan 2 with 949 viewslizzibee

I’d suggest popping into Coes and try a few out on their treadmill. Different gaits requir different shoes.
Everyone has their favourite..currently i have on clouds and live them but also partial to Nike.
HNY! Running shoes question.. on 20:13 - Jan 2 with 883 viewspoppiesman

Most important thing would be first get your running gait analysed. That will tell you exactly what type of running shoe you need.
Will save money long term and get the best shoes for you will lesson the chances of injuries.
HNY! Running shoes question.. on 20:30 - Jan 2 with 855 viewsLesta_Tractor

I've always run in Mizuno Wave Riders, I would recommend getting your gait checked before buying though.

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Login to get fewer ads

HNY! Running shoes question.. on 20:33 - Jan 2 with 852 viewsGeoffSentence

Dunlop Green Flash

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

HNY! Running shoes question.. on 09:30 - Jan 3 with 778 viewslizzibee

HNY! Running shoes question.. on 20:13 - Jan 2 by poppiesman

Most important thing would be first get your running gait analysed. That will tell you exactly what type of running shoe you need.
Will save money long term and get the best shoes for you will lesson the chances of injuries.

Exactly what I was trying to say! Coes do gait analysis as do many other good running shops. That will give you right shoe options to try. The wrong type of shoe can cause injuries. If you can’t get to a shop look at your tread and it will tell you whether you are neutral or over prionator and that will help with shoe choice
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024