Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Covid booster 02:08 - Jan 1 with 5006 viewsITFCMonk

Not just taking other peoples opinions or facts for granted, but just keen to find out how people actually feel about having a booster? I’ve been hesitant for a while now.

Edit / update

Sorry I know a few of you wanted me to follow up and engage with this. I ended up booking the booster (again). Think mainly on instinct and gut feel but feel a lot better for it now after posting.

I was just starting to get a bit concerned about too many vaccines or boosters having an adverse affect somehow. Guess it’s just the world we’re in with a lot of people different .
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 23:35]
Covid booster on 02:12 - Jan 1 with 2865 viewsBlueBadger

It's basically like having an annual flu jab.

There's a bit of a prick, you might feel iffy for 24 hours but you're protecting yourself and others.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Covid booster on 02:14 - Jan 1 with 2862 viewsfactual_blue

It's scientifically, intellectually and morally the right thing to do.

Can't envisage what your problem is.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Covid booster on 02:15 - Jan 1 with 2848 viewsGuthrum

I had mine back in mid November. No way I wasn't going to at the first possible opportunity.

Didn't enjoy Covid the first time, would rather avoid having it again, or at least mitigate the effects. Plus helps protect vulnerable people I know (including my mother at Christmas).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Covid booster on 02:16 - Jan 1 with 2846 viewsXYZ

Not taking facts for granted isn't a great place to start from.

Get your booster asap if you've an ounce of decency in you.
Covid booster on 02:19 - Jan 1 with 2827 viewsBlueBadger

Covid booster on 02:12 - Jan 1 by BlueBadger

It's basically like having an annual flu jab.

There's a bit of a prick, you might feel iffy for 24 hours but you're protecting yourself and others.

Also: the facts are: you are a lot less likely to die of covid if you have a jab.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Covid booster on 02:22 - Jan 1 with 2824 viewsStNeotsBlue

I had the Pfizzer booster after a double dose of Astra Zeneca. Had an old school dead arm for about 36 hours but fine other than that.
Covid booster on 02:28 - Jan 1 with 2812 viewsSarge

I’m going to get one, even though I think it’s largely unnecessary for me unless it has a meaningful impact on transmission in which case it’ll be for the benefit of others rather than myself. I’d rather it was donated to someone in a country who hasn’t had one dose yet but if the choice is in me or in the bin then I’m not going to waste it.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 2:29]
Covid booster on 02:31 - Jan 1 with 2801 viewsjeera

What is it you are hesitant about?

I do wish people would listen rather than criticise if you are worried.

But they can only offer opinions if you specify your concerns.

If you've had problems in the past with vaccinations or have health concerns then speak to your GP to put your mind at rest.

Stay away from FB.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 2:32]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Login to get fewer ads

Covid booster on 02:34 - Jan 1 with 2796 viewsJosebadleg

Got boosted on the 23rd, tested positive on the 31st and not to make light of anything anyone else has experienced, I'm feeling as good as normal. In fact I'm happy I didn't have to go to an nye party

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

Covid booster on 02:45 - Jan 1 with 2783 viewsGuthrum

Covid booster on 02:34 - Jan 1 by Josebadleg

Got boosted on the 23rd, tested positive on the 31st and not to make light of anything anyone else has experienced, I'm feeling as good as normal. In fact I'm happy I didn't have to go to an nye party

Takes up to a couple of weeks for the booster to have full effect. Good that you are symptom free.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 2:46]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Covid booster on 07:37 - Jan 1 with 2626 viewsdirtyboy

Had my booster yesterday.

Dead arm today.

That’s it.

And I have an irrational fear of needles too
Covid booster on 08:41 - Jan 1 with 2491 viewsKieran_Knows

I felt absolutely dreadful after all 3 of my jabs. They all completed knocked me off my feet for 24-48 hours.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Covid booster on 08:44 - Jan 1 with 2484 viewsDubtractor

I had got it booked for Monday, but thanks to actual covid I've had to postpone it for now. I did deliberately delay it till after Christmas initially as I've been feeling lousy on and off for a couple of months, and wanted to feel OK for Christmas, but that didn't exactly pan out as planned!

Just do it though.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 8:49]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Covid booster on 08:46 - Jan 1 with 2476 viewsbrogansnose

Had my booster the week before Christmas. No side effects- didn't on any of the previous one two either - apart from a bit of a sore arm which was no problem. I do feel better mentally that I've done everything I can to protect myself from potentially being hospitalised or worse especially that work means that I have to mix closely with people let alone going to football and stuff.

It was a no brainer for me and couldn't wait to get it done.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 8:48]
Covid booster on 08:52 - Jan 1 with 2453 viewsIllinoisblue

Had it and will have another boost if necessary. Time for this nightmare to be over. Drug me up and let’s get on with it

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Covid booster on 08:57 - Jan 1 with 2420 viewsEly_Blue

Covid booster on 02:22 - Jan 1 by StNeotsBlue

I had the Pfizzer booster after a double dose of Astra Zeneca. Had an old school dead arm for about 36 hours but fine other than that.

And that was about the limit of my suffering too, well worth it in my opinion, just to put it into context I had (albeit limited) contact with my OH son and his girlfriend in the 24 hours before he tested positive for covid and neither me or my OH have tested positive but both have had boosters

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Covid booster on 09:08 - Jan 1 with 2388 viewsDanTheMan

Had Covid start of December so will be doing mine in a few days.

No hesitancy about taking it. The only hesitancy I do have, and had when we started doing boosters, was that a large portion of the world hasn't been vaccinated yet which made me feel a bit off.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Covid booster on 09:18 - Jan 1 with 2361 viewsCheltenham_Blue

An awful lot of bites on what is surely the first TWTD fishing trip of 2022

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Covid booster on 09:46 - Jan 1 with 2298 viewshomer_123

Won't be having Moderna again any time soon but will take a different booster to protect others if offered.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Covid booster on 09:54 - Jan 1 with 2267 viewsChurchman

Just get it done.

1. There is no rational reason not to.
2. If you’re hesitant because of fear of needles, so am I. I just look away
3. I have a built in irrational dislike of anything I think might disturb my own immune system. But this virus has potentially devastating consequences so it’s a no brainier
4. Anti vaxxers? There is no evidence that anything they have to say is anything other than rubbish
5. For sense on Covid see SBs well informed posts
Covid booster on 09:58 - Jan 1 with 2246 viewsWD19

It might give you a sore arm and a bit of a headache. Nothing paracetamol won’t shift.

In return you might not make yourself immune from catching COVID, but you sure as hell will make catching it less likely and should you catch it the symptoms will be immeasurable less unpleasant.

Think of it as a seatbelt in a car. It might chaff your shoulder a bit and it might not stop you having an accident……but on balance the decision to wear one is not difficult.
Covid booster on 10:02 - Jan 1 with 2236 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Covid booster on 09:46 - Jan 1 by homer_123

Won't be having Moderna again any time soon but will take a different booster to protect others if offered.

Out of interested. I've had Moderna x2
Why do you say that?

Covid booster on 10:15 - Jan 1 with 2199 viewsBlueBadger

Covid booster on 10:02 - Jan 1 by Cheltenham_Blue

Out of interested. I've had Moderna x2
Why do you say that?

Anecdotally, Moderna appears to be one with the roughest side effects.

Covid booster on 10:21 - Jan 1 with 2182 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Covid booster on 10:15 - Jan 1 by BlueBadger

Anecdotally, Moderna appears to be one with the roughest side effects.

I suppose. Had no issues when I had it. The first jab hurt like hell though, for days afterwards. 2nd one wiped me out for 24 hours.

My booster was Pfizer, not a thing, a little sniffley the following day, but that was it.

Covid booster on 10:23 - Jan 1 with 2172 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Had mine about 3 weeks ago and woke up with a banging headache this morning!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024