Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I did another 80s pop party mix last night 11:52 - Jan 1 with 1510 viewsDubtractor

I don't usually share my radio shows here, but last year's 80s special seemed to be appreciated by a few on here so I'm going to share this year's too!

This is another 'DJ Mix' show, so all tunes are mixed and blended together (hopefully successfully!), and as well as pop classics, there is soft rock, dance, hip hop and some absolute cheesy whoppers. I'm not on the microphone too much on this one so you can enjoy the tunes without my dulcet tones spoiling them!

https://www.mixcloud.com/paul-wright7/80s-with-a-beard-nye-2021-special-with-p-d

80s With a Beard NYE Special Tracklist
Knight Rider Theme
Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
Toto - Africa
Carly Simon - Why (Vocal 12” Mix)
Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
Beastie Boys - She's Crafty
Steve Winwood - Higher Love
Soul II Soul - Back to Life
Boogie Box High - Jive Talkin'
Orange Juice - Rip It Up
Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days
Mantronix - Got to Have Your Love
Change - Change of Heart
Kajagoogoo - Too Shy
Survivor - Eye of The Tiger
Herbie Hancock - Rockit
Matthew Wilder - Break My Stride
Hipsway - The Honeythief [12" Mix]
Spagna - Call Me
Steve Arrington - Feel So Real
Wham! - Everything She Wants
Ray Parker Jr - Ghostbusters
Double Trouble with the Rebel MC - Street Tuff
Madonna - Borderline
Sabrina - Boys (Summertime Love)
Westworld - Sonic Boom Boy
Eddie Grant - Electric Avenue
Deee-Lite - Groove Is in The Heart
Steve Miller Band - Abracadabra
Pet Shop Boys - Suburbia
Five Star - The Slightest Touch
Lionel Richie - Dancing on The Ceiling
Eddie Murphy - Party All the Time
Bronski Beat - Smalltown Boy
The Jam - Start!
Adam and the Ants - Stand and Deliver
Jane Wiedlin - Rush Hour
Iggy Pop - Real Wild Child (Wild One)
A Flock of Seagulls - Telecommunication
Go West - Call Me
Billy Idol - Rebel Yell
Bucks Fizz - Making Your Mind Up

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 14:15 - Jan 1 with 1413 viewshoppy

A superb listen - can’t be much better way to have your ears catered for this New Year’s Day for a couple of hours!

(I’m on my second play through now!)
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 14:22]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 14:21 - Jan 1 with 1404 viewsfabian_illness

Mate, the last few mixes you’ve put up have been awesome.
I’m really looking forward to this one too.
Good work.
I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 16:22 - Jan 1 with 1328 viewsDubtractor

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 14:21 - Jan 1 by fabian_illness

Mate, the last few mixes you’ve put up have been awesome.
I’m really looking forward to this one too.
Good work.

Thanks mate, that's very kind of you to say.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 16:26 - Jan 1 with 1320 viewsfooters

Been a great listen and brilliant way to ring in 2022. Top work, Dubbers!

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 20:29 - Jan 1 with 1169 viewsCoastalblue

Awesome, your last one accompanied some beers in the sunshine on more than one occasion, this will absolutely get a spin, thanks for sharing.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 20:36 - Jan 1 with 1152 viewsjeera

Steve Arrington? Blimey. I didn't realise anyone else had even heard of him.

I went to see him back then at the Gaumont - really good soul/funk stuff.

Good effort Dubs.

Had So Real on 12". Think I finally parted with it among a pile of old stuff to a charity shop last year.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 20:42 - Jan 1 with 1135 viewsCoastalblue

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 20:36 - Jan 1 by jeera

Good effort Dubs.

Had So Real on 12". Think I finally parted with it among a pile of old stuff to a charity shop last year.

I used to spin that regularly back in the day, must confess it's the first time I've though about it in years. Must dig my Streetsounds albums out.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 20:44 - Jan 1 with 1125 viewsDubtractor

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 20:36 - Jan 1 by jeera

Good effort Dubs.

Feel So Real is a great tune.

And part of the fun of doing these shows is digging out a few gems that might not be so obvious.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 20:47]

Login to get fewer ads

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 20:46 - Jan 1 with 1117 viewsjeera

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 20:44 - Jan 1 by Dubtractor

Feel So Real is a great tune.

And part of the fun of doing these shows is digging out a few gems that might not be so obvious.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2022 20:47]

I might have to check out the charity shop and see if I can buy it back!

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 08:35 - Jan 2 with 978 viewsDeano69

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 20:42 - Jan 1 by Coastalblue

I used to spin that regularly back in the day, must confess it's the first time I've though about it in years. Must dig my Streetsounds albums out.

I had all the Electro albums on vinyl including some of the off shoots, no idea what happened to them, possible lost during a house move or a ruthless decluttering. Not sure they have ever been released as digital or on streaming networks.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 16:13 - Jan 2 with 836 viewsCoastalblue

I did another 80s pop party mix last night on 08:35 - Jan 2 by Deano69

I had all the Electro albums on vinyl including some of the off shoots, no idea what happened to them, possible lost during a house move or a ruthless decluttering. Not sure they have ever been released as digital or on streaming networks.

I think it's probably a licensing thing. a lot of the stuff Morgan Khan put on those albums were never actually released in the UK originally or broke off the back of the alnum and some of them went on to become big sellers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024