Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scum are still ar it 00:19 - Jan 2 with 2213 viewsHARRY10

https://www.independent.co.uk/tv/news/dogs-kill-deer-boxing-day-hunt-v6dba260b

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-12-23/footage-shows-man-in-essex-attacking-a-fox-w
Scum are still ar it on 00:31 - Jan 2 with 2152 viewsjeera

Not possible.

They and their lovable doggies all abide by the rules cos they're all good types.

As some morons would have you believe.

You can only hope these trash get prosecuted.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Scum are still ar it on 00:45 - Jan 2 with 2114 viewsBlueBadger

Scum are still ar it on 00:31 - Jan 2 by jeera

Not possible.

They and their lovable doggies all abide by the rules cos they're all good types.

Yes, but also hare coursing.
So therefore, this is alright.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Scum are still ar it on 15:58 - Jan 2 with 1787 viewslizzibee

Scum are still ar it on 00:31 - Jan 2 by jeera

Not possible.

But it’s tradition so surely that’s good enough reason to dress up and kill defenceless animals??? This, shooting and I’d like fishing too will one day be banned with no get out clauses. There is a growing trend against it….
Here’s hoping and in the meantime name, shame and fine these people!
Scum are still ar it on 16:16 - Jan 2 with 1729 viewsChurchman

I have no problem culling foxes etc where necessary. But hunting animals for pleasure absolutely disgusts me. I would happily see the perpetrators set loose and hunted themselves to see how they enjoy it.

The hunt is something the great and the good support because it’s a badge of their privilege and status. It is their perceived right and the plebs should know their place. Tradition, my rear end.
Scum are still ar it on 16:48 - Jan 2 with 1676 viewsnoggin

Scum are still ar it on 15:58 - Jan 2 by lizzibee

But it’s tradition so surely that’s good enough reason to dress up and kill defenceless animals??? This, shooting and I’d like fishing too will one day be banned with no get out clauses. There is a growing trend against it….
Here’s hoping and in the meantime name, shame and fine these people!

I presume you'd ban meat consumption too? Not that I'd be against that, even if I do love a good steak.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Scum are still ar it on 17:21 - Jan 2 with 1618 viewslizzibee

Scum are still ar it on 16:48 - Jan 2 by noggin

I presume you'd ban meat consumption too? Not that I'd be against that, even if I do love a good steak.

Nope, even though I’m veggie. But hurting animals in the name of sport in my view isn’t right. I would though like to ban meat that isn’t free range and ethical and halal but that’s just my opinion. But doesn’t seem much fun for the animals to be chased and scared then ripped apart
Scum are still ar it on 17:34 - Jan 2 with 1578 viewsgtsb1966

Scum are still ar it on 16:16 - Jan 2 by Churchman

I have no problem culling foxes etc where necessary. But hunting animals for pleasure absolutely disgusts me. I would happily see the perpetrators set loose and hunted themselves to see how they enjoy it.

The hunt is something the great and the good support because it’s a badge of their privilege and status. It is their perceived right and the plebs should know their place. Tradition, my rear end.

So hunting an animal and ripping it to bits is ok as long as it is necessary. Also when has a beautiful wild animal been a problem. We're the problem, not the animal.
Scum are still ar it on 17:34 - Jan 2 with 1577 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Scum are still ar it on 17:21 - Jan 2 by lizzibee

Nope, even though I’m veggie. But hurting animals in the name of sport in my view isn’t right. I would though like to ban meat that isn’t free range and ethical and halal but that’s just my opinion. But doesn’t seem much fun for the animals to be chased and scared then ripped apart

So your ban on fishing would be for sport but not commercial fishing for food? I am not too sure how easy that would be to legislate.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

Scum are still ar it on 17:42 - Jan 2 with 1548 viewsChurchman

Scum are still ar it on 17:34 - Jan 2 by gtsb1966

So hunting an animal and ripping it to bits is ok as long as it is necessary. Also when has a beautiful wild animal been a problem. We're the problem, not the animal.

No, there are ways of controlling animal populations without ripping them to pieces for pleasure. It doesn’t matter if it’s foxes, grey squirrels, buffalo or deer. Sometimes it has to be done. It’s the pleasure aspect and the method I have an issue with.
Scum are still ar it on 17:45 - Jan 2 with 1537 viewsgtsb1966

Scum are still ar it on 17:42 - Jan 2 by Churchman

No, there are ways of controlling animal populations without ripping them to pieces for pleasure. It doesn’t matter if it’s foxes, grey squirrels, buffalo or deer. Sometimes it has to be done. It’s the pleasure aspect and the method I have an issue with.

The fox population is not out of control. The human population is.
Scum are still ar it on 18:01 - Jan 2 with 1505 viewslizzibee

Scum are still ar it on 17:34 - Jan 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

So your ban on fishing would be for sport but not commercial fishing for food? I am not too sure how easy that would be to legislate.

There are massive issues with commercial fishing. Depleting populations and over-fishing, netting of dolphins, sharks, turtles etc.
fishing for fun I don’t like. The books etc damage the fish and when returned can cause infections etc. but I’m no expert…and that’s just my opinion :-). My real gripe and upset is with hunting, coursing, baiting and shooting
Scum are still ar it on 19:29 - Jan 2 with 1437 viewsHARRY10

Scum are still ar it on 17:42 - Jan 2 by Churchman

My great uncle (mothers side) was an assistant gamekeeper in Norfolk before the war. Not far from Sandringham. He was tasked (sometimes) with collecting foxes from the station to be used for hunting. Released before the hunt they would not know the terrain and so would not know where they could go to ground. Foxes are still being 'bred' as evidence has shown.

Foxes can be killed using a shotgun. The method is to line up a number of vehicles at night. Rub some polystyrene on the windscreen. At a given moment, the headlines are turned on, and bang. The foxes are attracted by the high pitched noise thinking it's an animal in distress. It's known as lamping.

If it was about efficiently catching a fox then they would use greyhounds, or a lurcher if you are working class. Unfortunately the 'sport' would be over in minutes - whereas hounds have endurance rather than speed, which affords better 'sport'.

What happens to foxhounds when the reach six years old, or so ? Supposedly shot, but as cartridges cost money the terrier men often bludgeon them to death with a lump hammer. The carcasses are then fed to the others. It gives them a 'taste' for it.

Over the years I have spoken to a number of foxhunters, mostly female. And in their defence they are pretty clueless about what goes on 'behind the scenes' and so will trot out the usual rban myths. Urban, in that while this activity takes place in the country, it is townsfolk who make up the majority of its members.

What is sad is not so much the idiots on horse back, but the so called followers. Simpletons whose bowing and scraping is an embarrassment. " Master knows best", they will have. And maintain that the 80% plus of the populace are motivated by envy.

"Thems our betters".
Scum are still ar it on 19:50 - Jan 2 with 1390 viewslizzibee

Scum are still ar it on 19:29 - Jan 2 by HARRY10

My great uncle (mothers side) was an assistant gamekeeper in Norfolk before the war. Not far from Sandringham. He was tasked (sometimes) with collecting foxes from the station to be used for hunting. Released before the hunt they would not know the terrain and so would not know where they could go to ground. Foxes are still being 'bred' as evidence has shown.

Foxes can be killed using a shotgun. The method is to line up a number of vehicles at night. Rub some polystyrene on the windscreen. At a given moment, the headlines are turned on, and bang. The foxes are attracted by the high pitched noise thinking it's an animal in distress. It's known as lamping.

If it was about efficiently catching a fox then they would use greyhounds, or a lurcher if you are working class. Unfortunately the 'sport' would be over in minutes - whereas hounds have endurance rather than speed, which affords better 'sport'.

What happens to foxhounds when the reach six years old, or so ? Supposedly shot, but as cartridges cost money the terrier men often bludgeon them to death with a lump hammer. The carcasses are then fed to the others. It gives them a 'taste' for it.

Over the years I have spoken to a number of foxhunters, mostly female. And in their defence they are pretty clueless about what goes on 'behind the scenes' and so will trot out the usual rban myths. Urban, in that while this activity takes place in the country, it is townsfolk who make up the majority of its members.

What is sad is not so much the idiots on horse back, but the so called followers. Simpletons whose bowing and scraping is an embarrassment. " Master knows best", they will have. And maintain that the 80% plus of the populace are motivated by envy.

"Thems our betters".

This sums it up perfectly! I’m a country girl and wear tweed but fed up with supporters saying it’s just townies who disagree
Scum are still ar it on 19:53 - Jan 2 with 1384 viewsjeera

Scum are still ar it on 19:50 - Jan 2 by lizzibee

This sums it up perfectly! I’m a country girl and wear tweed but fed up with supporters saying it’s just townies who disagree

I've had idiots try to tell me that I don't understand the countryside and other such bollox.

I've lived in the countryside for most of my life and spent much of my childhood on farms.

People will say any old crap to justify themselves.

Scum are still ar it on 20:28 - Jan 2 with 1341 viewsHARRY10

Scum are still ar it on 19:53 - Jan 2 by jeera

I've had idiots try to tell me that I don't understand the countryside and other such bollox.

I've lived in the countryside for most of my life and spent much of my childhood on farms.

People will say any old crap to justify themselves.

Likewise.

It is NOT folk living in the countryside - they are too busy working, or in certain areas are retirees. It is universally those who have 'high status' jobs'and live in town and cities who top up to cause mayhem.

Ever wondered why in certain areas there are a number of 'Lost tiddles' signs on the lamp posts. Thankfully with monitors out keeping a check more of their law breaking is being exposed.

The irony that the judge who maybe trying you, is most likely the same judge breaking the law using hounds to kill live animals should not be forgotten.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-10-15/leading-uk-huntsmen-mark-hankinson-found-gui

What more evidence is needed ?
Scum are still ar it on 20:29 - Jan 2 with 1340 viewsgtsb1966

Scum are still ar it on 19:50 - Jan 2 by lizzibee

To be fair I don't think that's the case now at all. The anti fox hunting view is well known across all walks of life.
Scum are still ar it on 21:05 - Jan 2 with 1301 viewsHARRY10

Scum are still ar it on 20:29 - Jan 2 by gtsb1966

To be fair I don't think that's the case now at all. The anti fox hunting view is well known across all walks of life.

79-85% (various polls) are opposed to hunting - which would suggest it cuts right across the political spectrum
Scum are still ar it on 10:38 - Jan 3 with 1116 viewspointofblue

When the fox hunting ban came to pass they should have been given six to ten years to hunt trails, so the dogs were simply not abandoned or killed for not being needed anymore, and then banned everything outright. Not kept this dodgy position in place where evil people can continue ripping animals to shreds whilst hiding behind the law.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Scum are still ar it on 11:35 - Jan 3 with 1063 viewsWD19

Scum are still ar it on 20:28 - Jan 2 by HARRY10

Likewise.

It is NOT folk living in the countryside - they are too busy working, or in certain areas are retirees. It is universally those who have 'high status' jobs'and live in town and cities who top up to cause mayhem.

Ever wondered why in certain areas there are a number of 'Lost tiddles' signs on the lamp posts. Thankfully with monitors out keeping a check more of their law breaking is being exposed.

The irony that the judge who maybe trying you, is most likely the same judge breaking the law using hounds to kill live animals should not be forgotten.

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-10-15/leading-uk-huntsmen-mark-hankinson-found-gui

What more evidence is needed ?

Evidence is always helpful.

For example, when you say a judge is ‘most likely’ to have been involved in illegal hunting him/herself then presumably you have got some pretty sound data that shows that significantly over 50% of all judges in the UK are members of a hunt!?
Scum are still ar it on 17:02 - Jan 3 with 936 viewslizzibee

Scum are still ar it on 20:29 - Jan 2 by gtsb1966

I hope so. Unfortunately many of those who have the vote in parliament are known supporters. Take the Avon Vale instance where the MP was in the crowd. Locally, unfortunately the few vocal conservatives have sway with MPs - the MPs will go with those supporters. What needs to happen is more people need to speak up and not be silent. Similar to the north ring road - the loud objectors had more sway as many who supported (a large number in Ipswich) didn’t speak up (but I question how well everyone was engaged) and it took a back seat.

I know many supports and people who hunt and shoot and without exception they are rural dwellers.
Scum are still ar it on 17:10 - Jan 3 with 921 viewsSarge

Personally I’d have them all killed and since I’d get some enjoyment out of it, I can only assume they’d support it.
Scum are still ar it on 17:10 - Jan 3 with 920 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Scum are still ar it on 10:38 - Jan 3 by pointofblue

When the fox hunting ban came to pass they should have been given six to ten years to hunt trails, so the dogs were simply not abandoned or killed for not being needed anymore, and then banned everything outright. Not kept this dodgy position in place where evil people can continue ripping animals to shreds whilst hiding behind the law.

It is almost like they didn't really want to ban it and have had overturning the ban as a manifesto pledge at times!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Scum are still ar it on 17:32 - Jan 3 with 899 viewslizzibee

Scum are still ar it on 17:10 - Jan 3 by Nthsuffolkblue

It is almost like they didn't really want to ban it and have had overturning the ban as a manifesto pledge at times!

Lol…who would have thought. The hunt lobby though are very angry still the National Trust have stopped hunts on their land. Didn’t predict that Ione did they…
Scum are still ar it on 17:51 - Jan 3 with 880 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Scum are still ar it on 17:34 - Jan 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

There are around 4 million anglers who regularly cast a line in the UK.
I'm one of them. Anglers often get a poor reputation from those who don't partake*, whether they be course,, fly or sea fisherpersons.
In my opinion, the vast majority put fish welfare as an absolute priority.
It's well documented that angling has a beneficial effect on peoples wellbeing and mental health and has recently been prescribed by GP's in some areas as a tool to help some patients.
*I managed to persuade my previously fishing sceptic partner to come along last year for an afternoon lakeside. She won't angle, but now "gets" why i enjoy it so much.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Scum are still ar it on 18:00 - Jan 3 with 857 viewsjeera

Scum are still ar it on 17:51 - Jan 3 by StochesStotasBlewe

There are around 4 million anglers who regularly cast a line in the UK.
I'm one of them. Anglers often get a poor reputation from those who don't partake*, whether they be course,, fly or sea fisherpersons.
In my opinion, the vast majority put fish welfare as an absolute priority.
It's well documented that angling has a beneficial effect on peoples wellbeing and mental health and has recently been prescribed by GP's in some areas as a tool to help some patients.
*I managed to persuade my previously fishing sceptic partner to come along last year for an afternoon lakeside. She won't angle, but now "gets" why i enjoy it so much.

When I was much younger I used to go to a local lake sometimes but mostly for a peaceful afternoon out and a smoke.

To be honest I hardly bothered to put the thing in the water because the last thing I needed was the hassle of actually catching a bloody fish.

I would only strike out when the tariff guy came round and just hoped to god nothing happened.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024