Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I might be making this up 09:33 - Jan 2 with 1691 viewstextbackup

but did i read someone say the KMc is looking to bring Simpson back?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

I might be making this up on 09:39 - Jan 2 with 1644 viewsWD19

I can’t recall seeing anything and I hope he doesn’t.

But I guess there is some logic in using him as a 4th choice striker if you can shift Jackson on because Simpson is home grown and gives more flex in the squad!?!

Overall I think it unlikely and there were suggestions on here yesterday that we are looking to bring up to 2 more forwards in.
I might be making this up on 09:43 - Jan 2 with 1607 viewshoppy

No idea, but it may depend on whether QPR do decide to recall Bonne? (Which I don’t think they will, due to his cunning plan to go on a 10 game non scoring streak until the window opens!)

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I might be making this up on 09:46 - Jan 2 with 1556 viewsNthQldITFC

I might be making this up on 09:43 - Jan 2 by hoppy

No idea, but it may depend on whether QPR do decide to recall Bonne? (Which I don’t think they will, due to his cunning plan to go on a 10 game non scoring streak until the window opens!)

Shh!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

I might be making this up on 09:48 - Jan 2 with 1556 viewstextbackup

I might be making this up on 09:39 - Jan 2 by WD19

I can’t recall seeing anything and I hope he doesn’t.

But I guess there is some logic in using him as a 4th choice striker if you can shift Jackson on because Simpson is home grown and gives more flex in the squad!?!

Overall I think it unlikely and there were suggestions on here yesterday that we are looking to bring up to 2 more forwards in.

i guess it depends on the quality of those 2 we were looking at bringing in.
personally, i'd rather see simpson back after earning his stripes down in L2, over some flashy kid in the manutd u23's....

id probably loan out piggott, give jackson to leiston, and get big Ty back as 3rd choice

I might be making this up on 09:49 - Jan 2 with 1548 viewstextbackup

I might be making this up on 09:43 - Jan 2 by hoppy

even if he had carried on scoring he'd not get called back IMO, they got a great 3/4 to pick from

I might be making this up on 09:55 - Jan 2 with 1487 viewshoppy

I might be making this up on 09:48 - Jan 2 by textbackup

personally, i'd rather see simpson back after earning his stripes down in L2, over some flashy kid in the manutd u23's....

id probably loan out piggott, give jackson to leiston, and get big Ty back as 3rd choice

Would Leiston have an option on that?

I might be making this up on 10:00 - Jan 2 with 1435 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I might be making this up on 09:55 - Jan 2 by hoppy

They can send him back within 7 days. That kind of option?
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 10:01]

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I might be making this up on 10:02 - Jan 2 with 1416 viewsblueoxford

I might be making this up on 10:00 - Jan 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Recall him and loan him out to a lower league one side on the proviso that he plays. Hopefully he can then score against the teams above us
Login to get fewer ads

I might be making this up on 10:02 - Jan 2 with 1412 viewshoppy

I might be making this up on 10:00 - Jan 2 by Cheltenham_Blue

Or just the option to say no thank you?

I might be making this up on 10:02 - Jan 2 with 1408 viewstextbackup

I might be making this up on 09:55 - Jan 2 by hoppy

i suppose i've just assumed they'd be happy with it. better ask them first really, they might already have a full subs bench

I might be making this up on 10:10 - Jan 2 with 1344 viewsbluesym

I might be making this up on 09:49 - Jan 2 by textbackup

even if he had carried on scoring he'd not get called back IMO, they got a great 3/4 to pick from

Agreed, didn't realise they had Andre Gray. They have ridiculous striking options at championship level really with Charlie Austin and that Scottish fella Dykes too.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

I might be making this up on 10:34 - Jan 2 with 1194 viewsjayessess

Don't think it's terribly realistic to loan out Pigott, is it?
Senior players aren't going to learn anything or prove anything on a loan spell. They get loaned out to get them off the wage bill.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

I might be making this up on 10:37 - Jan 2 with 1172 viewsWickets

No let him finish the very good season he has started at Swindon . Great for the lad .
I might be making this up on 10:44 - Jan 2 with 1139 viewstractorboy1978

He's done fairly well at Swindon but not as well as Drinan, who looked absolutely useless here last season. A couple of Swindon fans I know say that he still looks very raw at times although seems to be improving. Let him stay there I say and see this season out, then give him a chance to impress in pre-season.
I might be making this up on 10:53 - Jan 2 with 1104 viewstextbackup

I might be making this up on 10:34 - Jan 2 by jayessess

Don't think it's terribly realistic to loan out Pigott, is it?
Senior players aren't going to learn anything or prove anything on a loan spell. They get loaned out to get them off the wage bill.

just dont think its going to happen for him here, he looks miles off it, because he's not had the game time probably.

cam on the other night, dont think he won a header, or controlled a ball into him.

I might be making this up on 10:59 - Jan 2 with 1072 viewsjayessess

I might be making this up on 10:44 - Jan 2 by tractorboy1978

He's done fairly well at Swindon but not as well as Drinan, who looked absolutely useless here last season. A couple of Swindon fans I know say that he still looks very raw at times although seems to be improving. Let him stay there I say and see this season out, then give him a chance to impress in pre-season.

I can't see why we'd bring him back. We've got a very expensive senior striker sat on the bench as it is and you'd presume we'd try and give him a run if we got an injury. Hell, Pigott would probably be starting right now if Norwood hadn't hit a scoring streak.

I suppose the counter-argument is that we currently have Kayden Jackson appearing semi-regularly on the bench, so clearly need that 4th striker. But you've got to imagine that at least one forward was on McKenna's list?

I might be making this up on 11:12 - Jan 2 with 1017 viewstractorboy1978

I might be making this up on 10:59 - Jan 2 by jayessess

I can't see why we'd bring him back. We've got a very expensive senior striker sat on the bench as it is and you'd presume we'd try and give him a run if we got an injury. Hell, Pigott would probably be starting right now if Norwood hadn't hit a scoring streak.

I suppose the counter-argument is that we currently have Kayden Jackson appearing semi-regularly on the bench, so clearly need that 4th striker. But you've got to imagine that at least one forward was on McKenna's list?

Within the next few games, I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing two number 9s playing either. Would imagine it'll be one of Bonne, Norwood and Pigott with the likes of Aluko, Celina, Edwards, Chaplin and a new signing occupying two of the other attacking positions.
I might be making this up on 11:20 - Jan 2 with 967 viewsjayessess

I might be making this up on 10:53 - Jan 2 by textbackup

just dont think its going to happen for him here, he looks miles off it, because he's not had the game time probably.

cam on the other night, dont think he won a header, or controlled a ball into him.

Pretty obvious it's not currently happening for Pigott, but I don't think that makes it likely we'll loan him out. We know he's good enough to score goals at this level, so if we loan him out he's not going to develop as a player or show us something new. Either we get him going here or we sell him in the Summer imo.

I might be making this up on 11:22 - Jan 2 with 954 viewschrismakin

I might be making this up on 11:12 - Jan 2 by tractorboy1978

Within the next few games, I'm pretty sure we won't be seeing two number 9s playing either. Would imagine it'll be one of Bonne, Norwood and Pigott with the likes of Aluko, Celina, Edwards, Chaplin and a new signing occupying two of the other attacking positions.

If anything, Norwoods goal showed why 2 strikers can work out more than some think. That's twice now he's been in the right place right time, which wouldn't have happened with 1 up top.

I've seem KM has a liking for 4 2 3 1, however he has also said he is fluid to what the league requires. For me it's got to include 2 strikers. The defenders in this league aren't the most consistent and the more strikers you have against them the more chance you have of goals.

What I absolutely loved about the Wycombe game, was the defenders bringing the ball out. We must continue to do this.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

I might be making this up on 11:33 - Jan 2 with 911 viewstractorboy1978

I might be making this up on 11:22 - Jan 2 by chrismakin

If anything, Norwoods goal showed why 2 strikers can work out more than some think. That's twice now he's been in the right place right time, which wouldn't have happened with 1 up top.

I've seem KM has a liking for 4 2 3 1, however he has also said he is fluid to what the league requires. For me it's got to include 2 strikers. The defenders in this league aren't the most consistent and the more strikers you have against them the more chance you have of goals.

What I absolutely loved about the Wycombe game, was the defenders bringing the ball out. We must continue to do this.

I think it worked against Wycombe, in what was always going to be quite an attritional game. In the second half particularly we were also pretty direct. If we want to be dominating games and building attacks then not sure Norwood effectively playing that wide left role is an option.

It does seem we will likely be far more horses for courses under McKenna though.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 11:34]
I might be making this up on 11:41 - Jan 2 with 850 viewschrismakin

I might be making this up on 11:33 - Jan 2 by tractorboy1978

I think it worked against Wycombe, in what was always going to be quite an attritional game. In the second half particularly we were also pretty direct. If we want to be dominating games and building attacks then not sure Norwood effectively playing that wide left role is an option.

It does seem we will likely be far more horses for courses under McKenna though.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 11:34]

It will certainly be interesting. Was speaking to a journo mate who covers various levels of football and his opinion on KM coaching from his sources is no weeks training is the same. It's very strict. Very regimental but has purpose and is based on next opponent set up not just his own favoured set up. And we spend hours working with the opponent shape to understand how to hurt them ourselves.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024