Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£170 a month for gas/electric come April 15:23 - Jan 2 with 4754 viewsgtsb1966

the average household bill will be if this article is correct. Six million in fuel poverty. That's absolutely shocking. With everything else going up and the burden of covid to pay for the future for our poorest is bleaker than ever.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/society/2022/jan/01/6m-homes-uk
[Post edited 2 Jan 2022 15:25]
£170 a month for gas/electric come April on 11:53 - Jan 3 with 838 viewsWhos_blue

£170 a month for gas/electric come April on 11:21 - Jan 3 by hoppy

Would that still be the most reliable advice, given that was from October - I'm assuming so, but didn't know if anyone had any more up to date advice. We're currently with bulb, and wondering if we should 'do nothing' still or switch? (My brother does UW, so has said he could get us savings - but would rather have some impartial advice rather than just go with his blindly).

I've just been to the site and there is no new advice other than this from October.

https://help.cheapenergyclub.com/hc/en-us/articles/4407693257617-Martin-s-Energy

However, I've just done a tarrif search and the cheapest fixed tariff is £1300 more expensive per year.
The best matched tariff to my current preferences is £2600 per year more expensive.
It's also worth mentioning that the comparison site diverts you to the article, so I'm guessing there's no better advice available.
I really do think variable tariffs are the only option right now.

I hope this helps.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2022 11:56]

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

£170 a month for gas/electric come April on 11:54 - Jan 3 with 838 viewsJammyDodgerrr

£170 a month for gas/electric come April on 08:10 - Jan 3 by Herbivore

This. I'd say getting yourself tied into a really expensive fixed rate deal is about the worst thing you could do right now.

It really is. My British Gas deal is up end of January. Spoke to them today, they offered a 3 year fixed rate at £290 a month. I currently pay £120 a month, though when i agreed the deal 18 months ago it was £50 a month, rose to £80 in November and £120 this month. Crazy times, and fairly worried about April as we don't have a lot of money spare.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

£170 a month for gas/electric come April on 12:07 - Jan 3 with 805 viewsWhos_blue

Scottish Power seem to have the best fixed rate deal right now (approx £300 pcm), but do not use green energy, so not right for me.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

£170 a month for gas/electric come April on 20:37 - Jan 3 with 656 viewsBlueForYou

We live in a three bed semi new build. Our yearly charge for both gas & electric has been approx £650, roughly the same for the last three years. It will definitely go up this year, but nowhere near to the £2000 figure quoted in that article. Have to say, the new builds are a very efficient. Different story for a rambling old fashioned six bed place I’d imagine.
£170 a month for gas/electric come April on 23:04 - Jan 3 with 610 viewsOldsmoker

I'm Ok 'cos my electricity supplier has reminded me that I signed a direct debit and they'll look after everything, so I don't need to worry.

Should I be worried?

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

£170 a month for gas/electric come April on 09:16 - Jan 4 with 517 viewshype313

£170 a month for gas/electric come April on 11:54 - Jan 3 by JammyDodgerrr

It really is. My British Gas deal is up end of January. Spoke to them today, they offered a 3 year fixed rate at £290 a month. I currently pay £120 a month, though when i agreed the deal 18 months ago it was £50 a month, rose to £80 in November and £120 this month. Crazy times, and fairly worried about April as we don't have a lot of money spare.

Mine has gone from £120 to exactly £290, which is a hit, thankfully I can just about manage it, although some things I had earmarked will have to be put on the backburner for a while.

It's the low income earners that I feel for, it really will become a case of eat or heat.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

£170 a month for gas/electric come April on 11:15 - Jan 4 with 484 viewsBlueRaider

And the geniuses at the bank of England think that increasing interest rates will solve it !

Blog: Yellow Cards and Why They Bug Me

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024