Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dough-faced Simpleton 19:49 - Jan 2 with 1883 viewsEdwardStone

Should not be allowed anywhere near the keys to No 10

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jan/02/liz-truss-hosted-3k-lunch-for-u

How have our standards of Public Service fallen so low?
Dough-faced Simpleton on 19:53 - Jan 2 with 1821 viewsMullet

It's not even surprising is it? Truss is a dimwit at best, happy to take any position for career gain.

They want to eat at a Tory venue, then it should be a foodbank given they're booming under these scumbags, liars and thieves.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:01 - Jan 2 with 1788 viewsChurchman

A friend of mine worked directly to her at MoJ. He reckoned she was as thick as slurry. Over qualified for the No10 job, then.
Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:26 - Jan 2 with 1706 viewsJohnTy

Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:01 - Jan 2 by Churchman

A friend of mine worked directly to her at MoJ. He reckoned she was as thick as slurry. Over qualified for the No10 job, then.

A neighbour of mine attended a reception at No 10, said that she circulated the room but everybody avoided talking to her. As Matthew Parris put it, "Look hard and there's nothing there."
Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:29 - Jan 2 with 1680 viewsGeomorph

Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:01 - Jan 2 by Churchman

Personally I’d be happy keeping her anywhere other than Defra. Reality swerving vacuum
Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:39 - Jan 2 with 1623 viewscbower

Dough-faced Simpleton on 19:53 - Jan 2 by Mullet

It's not even surprising is it? Truss is a dimwit at best, happy to take any position for career gain.

They want to eat at a Tory venue, then it should be a foodbank given they're booming under these scumbags, liars and thieves.

I have spent my entire adult life wondering why so many people cannot see through these self-serving leeches known lovingly as Conservatives. Still nowhere near an answer I'm afraid.

bluescouser

Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:41 - Jan 2 with 1608 viewsEdwardStone

Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:39 - Jan 2 by cbower

I have spent my entire adult life wondering why so many people cannot see through these self-serving leeches known lovingly as Conservatives. Still nowhere near an answer I'm afraid.

In the words of the great Toyah Wilcox

" It'th a Mythetry"
Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:42 - Jan 2 with 1614 viewsBlueBadger

Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:39 - Jan 2 by cbower

A comprehensive study in 2016 revealed that 52% of people will fall for any load of old bull, if that helps....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:43 - Jan 2 with 1612 viewsElderGrizzly

For added context, the rest of us at the FCDO have a limit of £7 for lunch (if away from the office) and can’t pay for a guest unless we have a ‘business case’

Good thread here from Emily Thornberry and Liz’s expensive tastes

Login to get fewer ads

Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:43 - Jan 2 with 1601 viewsEdwardStone

Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:42 - Jan 2 by BlueBadger

A comprehensive study in 2016 revealed that 52% of people will fall for any load of old bull, if that helps....

I mean...was this a Nationwide poll?
Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:59 - Jan 2 with 1558 viewsNthQldITFC

Some delicious assessments of the Truss here.

Which is better: Truss or Hancock?

Only one way to find out...

...FIGHT!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Dough-faced Simpleton on 21:06 - Jan 2 with 1532 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:43 - Jan 2 by ElderGrizzly

For added context, the rest of us at the FCDO have a limit of £7 for lunch (if away from the office) and can’t pay for a guest unless we have a ‘business case’

Good thread here from Emily Thornberry and Liz’s expensive tastes

If you cannot be trusted on small details.

This is important. It needs to be brought absolutely to the electorate's attention that the corruption of the Conservative Party is party-wide and not just Johnson.

The problem will be that at some point a right-wing paper will get hold of a Labour MP who has claimed £50 extra on their expenses and the electorate (or too many of us) will shrug their shoulders and go "ah well, they're all the same, that's business for you".

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Dough-faced Simpleton on 21:16 - Jan 2 with 1504 viewsEdwardStone

Dough-faced Simpleton on 21:06 - Jan 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

This is important. It needs to be brought absolutely to the electorate's attention that the corruption of the Conservative Party is party-wide and not just Johnson.

The problem will be that at some point a right-wing paper will get hold of a Labour MP who has claimed £50 extra on their expenses and the electorate (or too many of us) will shrug their shoulders and go "ah well, they're all the same, that's business for you".

Thank you for posting this

These second-rate chancers like Truss and Johnson need to be held to account for their cavalier use of taxpayers money
Dough-faced Simpleton on 00:37 - Jan 3 with 1273 viewsfactual_blue

Yes, but Ernest Bevin.....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Dough-faced Simpleton on 11:35 - Jan 3 with 965 viewsrgp1

Dough-faced Simpleton on 21:06 - Jan 2 by Nthsuffolkblue

Just an observation but I guess in a lot of cases human instinct kicks in. I'm not defending any of it but I guess if we are offered nice things for nothing then I guess most won't refuse it?
Dough-faced Simpleton on 11:44 - Jan 3 with 934 viewsZXBlue

Dough-faced Simpleton on 11:35 - Jan 3 by rgp1

Just an observation but I guess in a lot of cases human instinct kicks in. I'm not defending any of it but I guess if we are offered nice things for nothing then I guess most won't refuse it?

True to an extent, but two important points:

1- She has insisted, it seems, on the expensive option at taxpayer's expense. Not a case of just being offered it.
2- Those in public office need to have and show integrity.
Dough-faced Simpleton on 11:51 - Jan 3 with 911 viewsEdwardStone

Dough-faced Simpleton on 11:35 - Jan 3 by rgp1

No... I'm sorry, but I won't accept the "just human instinct " line

This was a conscious decision by her and she even went as far as over-ruling a more cost - effective alternative

All to put money into the hands of a political friend of a friend

This clearly demonstrates the lack of any moral compass, any sense of duty or any sense of shame

I strongly disagree with many Tory politicians about countless of their policies, but I feel that the likes of Thatcher and May would never have behaved like this
Dough-faced Simpleton on 11:58 - Jan 3 with 892 viewsXYZ

Dough-faced Simpleton on 11:51 - Jan 3 by EdwardStone

This was a conscious decision by her and she even went as far as over-ruling a more cost - effective alternative

This clearly demonstrates the lack of any moral compass, any sense of duty or any sense of shame

I strongly disagree with many Tory politicians about countless of their policies, but I feel that the likes of Thatcher and May would never have behaved like this

Check out where and how Mark Thatcher made his money ...
Dough-faced Simpleton on 12:09 - Jan 3 with 873 viewsEdwardStone

Dough-faced Simpleton on 11:58 - Jan 3 by XYZ

Check out where and how Mark Thatcher made his money ...

I was more thinking of his mother...

The son was/is just an odious sh1t
Dough-faced Simpleton on 12:10 - Jan 3 with 873 viewsWhos_blue

Dough-faced Simpleton on 20:42 - Jan 2 by BlueBadger

This made me chuckle.
Very well observed!

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Dough-faced Simpleton on 13:08 - Jan 3 with 797 viewsrgp1

Dough-faced Simpleton on 11:51 - Jan 3 by EdwardStone

As I said maybe an observation but it's worth remembering that this sort of thing, will go unpunished because no one in government or opposition has any political will ( Turkey's voting for Christmas ring a bell?). Unfortunately when elections come round most end up voting for the same old villains.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024