Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hdlaky 09:22 - Jan 4 with 1753 viewshype313

I remember the preseason friendly against Crystal Palace and I thought at the time finally we have a competent keeper, his distribution was night and day compared with previous keepers over the past few years, he pulled off a number of decent saves and I was feeling quite glad that we had finally addressed that position.

Obviously he had a huge drop in form/confidence in the interim and Walton has quite rightly staked his claim, however, if the reports are true that Brighton want to cash in, I do think that there is a decent keeper in Hdlaky, and maybe a run of games knowing he is number one might help him relax and get back to his previous form he showed at Salford.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Hdlaky on 09:27 - Jan 4 with 1699 viewsclive_baker

He's had some absolute shockers for us, which was surprising given how well regarded he was. At Salford he was widely accepted as the best keeper in L2, and prior to that he had rave reviews in Scotland. Not that we're Barcelona by any means but perhaps the weight of expectation here was slightly higher and that takes some adjusting to. Getting binned for Walton fairly early wouldn't have done much for his confidence either, but I'm a firm believer that players don't become bad players overnight though. Who knows what the new regime and an arm around the shoulder might do, not to mention Walton going and Hladky knowing he's now #1. I would be inclined to go with him and see if he can make the slot his own. There's other priority areas on the transfer front.

His distribution is excellent to be fair. Better than Walton.

Edit: Sorry Hype, meant to upvote your post!
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 9:29]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Hdlaky on 09:34 - Jan 4 with 1627 viewstractorboy1978

Hdlaky on 09:27 - Jan 4 by clive_baker

He's had some absolute shockers for us, which was surprising given how well regarded he was. At Salford he was widely accepted as the best keeper in L2, and prior to that he had rave reviews in Scotland. Not that we're Barcelona by any means but perhaps the weight of expectation here was slightly higher and that takes some adjusting to. Getting binned for Walton fairly early wouldn't have done much for his confidence either, but I'm a firm believer that players don't become bad players overnight though. Who knows what the new regime and an arm around the shoulder might do, not to mention Walton going and Hladky knowing he's now #1. I would be inclined to go with him and see if he can make the slot his own. There's other priority areas on the transfer front.

His distribution is excellent to be fair. Better than Walton.

Edit: Sorry Hype, meant to upvote your post!
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 9:29]

The problem is, it is a big risk based on what we've seen so far. I know we were pretty disjointed earlier this season but he cost us several points with poor errors. If Walton is indeed off, I'd be looking to bring someone else in.
Hdlaky on 09:37 - Jan 4 with 1595 viewsDubtractor

I can only go on what I've seen, and whilst Hladky evidently came with a great reputation, his performances for us have been really very poor indeed. It hasn't just been the mistakes, but the lack of making any real saves of note either. If he'd made even a handful of routine saves earlier in the season Cook would probably still be in a job.

Regardless of that though, here's hoping that it was a blip and that over time he becomes an important player for us.

FWIW I thought he had a pretty good game against Wycombe last week.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Hdlaky on 09:37 - Jan 4 with 1587 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Hdlaky on 09:34 - Jan 4 by tractorboy1978

The problem is, it is a big risk based on what we've seen so far. I know we were pretty disjointed earlier this season but he cost us several points with poor errors. If Walton is indeed off, I'd be looking to bring someone else in.

Presumably they'll be trying to sign Walton. Whether they can persuade him to drop down is another matter.

There are a number of decent options out there. David Marshall (obviously ex Norwich) being one.
I've watched all the Class of 92.... on 09:42 - Jan 4 with 1557 viewsBloots

....stuff on the box.

One thing I noticed from his time at Salford was his apparent total lack of personality around the dressing room.

Back in the day keepers were always thought to be a bit "bonkers"......but he just sits there in the dressing room, silent, staring at the wall.

They also show a lot of action from games and whilst inevitably they tend to show Salford conceding goals, there did seem to be a lot of goals conceded from crosses, with him being stuck on his line.

....basically if you watched the documentary, you certainly wouldn't be thinking that he was one to be signing!

TWTD Leadership Group/Elite Level Supporter/Anti-Bullying Crusader

I've watched all the Class of 92.... on 09:46 - Jan 4 with 1491 viewsSitfcB

I've watched all the Class of 92.... on 09:42 - Jan 4 by Bloots

....stuff on the box.

One thing I noticed from his time at Salford was his apparent total lack of personality around the dressing room.

Back in the day keepers were always thought to be a bit "bonkers"......but he just sits there in the dressing room, silent, staring at the wall.

They also show a lot of action from games and whilst inevitably they tend to show Salford conceding goals, there did seem to be a lot of goals conceded from crosses, with him being stuck on his line.

....basically if you watched the documentary, you certainly wouldn't be thinking that he was one to be signing!

Ha yes I thought the same. Watching that you wouldn’t think he was the best GK in the league and in the team of the season! Not sure I’ve heard him speak on it, ever.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Hdlaky on 09:47 - Jan 4 with 1476 viewstractorboy1978

Hdlaky on 09:37 - Jan 4 by Dubtractor

I can only go on what I've seen, and whilst Hladky evidently came with a great reputation, his performances for us have been really very poor indeed. It hasn't just been the mistakes, but the lack of making any real saves of note either. If he'd made even a handful of routine saves earlier in the season Cook would probably still be in a job.

Regardless of that though, here's hoping that it was a blip and that over time he becomes an important player for us.

FWIW I thought he had a pretty good game against Wycombe last week.

Even in that nothing game against Arsenal's kids, he conceded two poor goals. His distribution does look very good but it's all a bit redundant if he can't come and catch a cross or pull off a match winning save. Thought he did ok against Wycombe without really being tested and he still flapped at one 1st half.
Hdlaky on 12:56 - Jan 4 with 833 viewsWD19

Hdlaky on 09:34 - Jan 4 by tractorboy1978

His distribution is very good, but his confidence is fragile to the extent that he looks like an outfield player being asked to go in goal. I think we need a more solid and reliable option. Walton will be a huge miss if he goes.
Login to get fewer ads

Hdlaky on 13:01 - Jan 4 with 802 viewsThe_Realist_09

The thing is at this stage of the season, where we need everything to go right to even have a chance of rescuing it, it's a massive risk to go with a keeper who's looked shot on confidence all season and you can't really remember making a save of note.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024