Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anne on ITV 11:05 - Jan 4 with 2110 viewspeterleeblue

Very Harrowing and well acted.

In these days of modern football stadia its remarkable that the Leppings Lane end still exists.
I remember going there in the 90's and sensing the eeriness of what had gone before.
Anne on ITV on 11:49 - Jan 4 with 1994 viewsloftboy

You would have to have thick skin to watch that and not have tears in your eyes.
I was at Hillsboro the week before with QPR, the following season the lower tier was closed, we were sat above and I still remember the chill going down my spine when I looked over from the upper, incredible to see the crush bars were broken and twisted, almost unfathomable to comprehend the force that could have caused it.
Anne on ITV on 11:54 - Jan 4 with 1967 viewsBlueBadger

Anne on ITV on 11:49 - Jan 4 by loftboy

You would have to have thick skin to watch that and not have tears in your eyes.
I was at Hillsboro the week before with QPR, the following season the lower tier was closed, we were sat above and I still remember the chill going down my spine when I looked over from the upper, incredible to see the crush bars were broken and twisted, almost unfathomable to comprehend the force that could have caused it.

Yes, but *something which has been years debunked about the supporters here*.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Anne on ITV on 14:53 - Jan 4 with 1754 viewsbluelagos

Yeah, first episode very tough viewing, last nights moved on the police cover up aided and abetted by various judges, the coroner...

Next two episodes will cover more of Anne's fight before a documentary Thursday night. There is still hope for the adoption of a "Hillsborough Law" without which the public servants will continue to be able to mislead public inquiries with no consequences. (Friday expect some noise on this)

If anyone thinks that the current legislation needs updating, I'd encourage you to simply email your MP and request they support any proposed Hillsborough Law.

https://members.parliament.uk/members/commons
[Post edited 4 Jan 2022 15:51]

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Anne on ITV on 15:19 - Jan 4 with 1701 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Anne on ITV on 14:53 - Jan 4 by bluelagos

Yeah, first episode very tough viewing, last nights moved on the police cover up aided and abetted by various judges, the coroner...

Next two episodes will cover more of Anne's fight before a documentary Thursday night. There is still hope for the adoption of a "Hillsborough Law" without which the public servants will continue to be able to mislead public inquiries with no consequences. (Friday expect some noise on this)

If anyone thinks that the current legislation needs updating, I'd encourage you to simply email your MP and request they support any proposed Hillsborough Law.

I've told you before that a *long* time ago you completely changed my understanding of things through your posts on here.

There were "accepted facts" which we all were told to believe. Again and again.

Only they were lies. Lies made up by spin doctors, politicians, client journalists and, criminally, by senior police officers.

The failings were institutional, on the part of the local licensing authority, Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, the FA as promoter of the event (who somehow always escape any criticism in spite of awarding the tie to a ground which had had a major safety incident previously), the South Yorkshire Police Force, the Ambulance Service, in causing and responding to the incident, and then the press and wider media, and, ultimately, Parliament and Government in their response to it.

It could have happened to fans of any team. It could have been us. We must never forget that.

Thanks to Anne, all of the families and friends in the Justice for the 96 movement, and from me in particular, but hopefully others on TWTD, to you for helping us by shining a light on the lies.

Courage, bravery, determination and love made sure that the truth was told and finally acknowledged.
Anne on ITV on 15:29 - Jan 4 with 1677 viewsbluelagos

Anne on ITV on 15:19 - Jan 4 by ArnoldMoorhen

I've told you before that a *long* time ago you completely changed my understanding of things through your posts on here.

There were "accepted facts" which we all were told to believe. Again and again.

Only they were lies. Lies made up by spin doctors, politicians, client journalists and, criminally, by senior police officers.

The failings were institutional, on the part of the local licensing authority, Sheffield Wednesday Football Club, the FA as promoter of the event (who somehow always escape any criticism in spite of awarding the tie to a ground which had had a major safety incident previously), the South Yorkshire Police Force, the Ambulance Service, in causing and responding to the incident, and then the press and wider media, and, ultimately, Parliament and Government in their response to it.

It could have happened to fans of any team. It could have been us. We must never forget that.

Thanks to Anne, all of the families and friends in the Justice for the 96 movement, and from me in particular, but hopefully others on TWTD, to you for helping us by shining a light on the lies.

Courage, bravery, determination and love made sure that the truth was told and finally acknowledged.

Well, Friday is all set to have a press conference where am told there will be a renewed push for the Hillsborough Law that seems to have died a death. A change of PM (May was actually onside) and a disinterested Home Secretary make for no action in the past 2 years...

Anne on ITV on 22:18 - Jan 4 with 1476 viewsbluelagos

Anne on ITV on 23:32 - Jan 4 with 1391 viewsjeera

Anne on ITV on 14:53 - Jan 4 by bluelagos

I haven't watched the first two because to be honest I wasn't certain I'd want to continue after those.

Caught tonight's though and will watch tomorrow's conclusion.

Just shows how many obstacles, how many brick walls..

Not sure I saw the need for the end scene (Burnham's speech) to be acted when the actually footage would have maybe carried better but I guess that was the decided format.

I'm not clear on Friday? Happy to email the MP but am I anticipating I will be better informed following Friday?

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Anne on ITV on 08:20 - Jan 5 with 1264 viewsbluelagos

Anne on ITV on 23:32 - Jan 4 by jeera

I haven't watched the first two because to be honest I wasn't certain I'd want to continue after those.

Caught tonight's though and will watch tomorrow's conclusion.

Just shows how many obstacles, how many brick walls..

Not sure I saw the need for the end scene (Burnham's speech) to be acted when the actually footage would have maybe carried better but I guess that was the decided format.

I'm not clear on Friday? Happy to email the MP but am I anticipating I will be better informed following Friday?

So there's a press conference planned with King Kenny (as the scoucers call him) and I presume Burnham and Rotherham and no doubt some family members.

They will be calling for the Hillsborough Law, which started it's legal process through parliament but when there's a new election, all bills are thrown out and have to start again.

All you or I can do is badger your MP to support it. Without that pressure it simply gets ignored as has happened albeit I accept the pandemic has impacted parliaments law making.

Without the proposed Law (Drafted by lawyers who represented the families at the inquests) the police will continue to be able to lie at inquests at they did at the Hillsborough ones. The law (in lay man terms) requires them to tell the truth at an inquest as they do in courts proceedings.

Cheers
BL

Login to get fewer ads

Anne on ITV on 09:33 - Jan 5 with 1190 viewssolemio

Anne on ITV on 08:20 - Jan 5 by bluelagos

So there's a press conference planned with King Kenny (as the scoucers call him) and I presume Burnham and Rotherham and no doubt some family members.

They will be calling for the Hillsborough Law, which started it's legal process through parliament but when there's a new election, all bills are thrown out and have to start again.

All you or I can do is badger your MP to support it. Without that pressure it simply gets ignored as has happened albeit I accept the pandemic has impacted parliaments law making.

Without the proposed Law (Drafted by lawyers who represented the families at the inquests) the police will continue to be able to lie at inquests at they did at the Hillsborough ones. The law (in lay man terms) requires them to tell the truth at an inquest as they do in courts proceedings.

Cheers
BL

I'm afraid he got demoted. Used to be King Kenny but now only Sir Kenny.
Anne on ITV on 09:38 - Jan 5 with 1179 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Watched the first episode last night. Difficult viewing.

Terrible for the parents. I remember often begging my Dad to let me travel to watch ITFC all over the country from quite a young age in a similar way to Kevin.
Anne on ITV on 23:17 - Jan 5 with 1002 viewsbluelagos

Anne on ITV on 22:18 - Jan 4 by bluelagos

Cheers for the retweet Twtd :-)

1pm Friday - people are being asked to retweet #HillsboroughLawNow

Anne on ITV on 23:32 - Jan 5 with 975 viewsPhilTWTD

Anne on ITV on 23:17 - Jan 5 by bluelagos

Cheers for the retweet Twtd :-)

1pm Friday - people are being asked to retweet #HillsboroughLawNow

Write a new post about it and I'll sticky it. Feel free to add your blog or any other relevant links.
Anne on ITV on 23:53 - Jan 5 with 926 viewsbluelagos

Anne on ITV on 23:32 - Jan 5 by PhilTWTD

Write a new post about it and I'll sticky it. Feel free to add your blog or any other relevant links.

Cheers Phil Will do something in the morning.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024