Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone on a health kick? 13:31 - Jan 5 with 2142 viewsclive_baker

I've been on a very strict routine for a week now, not going too badly so far in terms of diet and nutrition, but need to up the exercise. Have struggled with the energy levels since having Covid really, and don't feel like I'm remotely back to pre levels. Couple that with being a time poor parent to little ones and largely wfh, I found I wasn't doing anything like the excercise I have always done in the past, which resulted in putting on some weight in the second half of 2021.

Just did a very aggressive 20 minutes of skipping. Such an underrated form of excercise innit, very efficient way of burning energy.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Anyone on a health kick? on 13:35 - Jan 5 with 1541 viewsJ2BLUE

Yea. Been banging on about it for years but decided this year i'm just going to shut up and get on with it.

My new best friends are these:

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Anyone on a health kick? on 13:37 - Jan 5 with 1530 viewswkj

The most important thing about exercise and activity is building routines rather than going hell for leather. So anything you can do to find a starting point (such as walking > hiking > running) and keep them regular and routine will be a boon to your goals.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 13:37]

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Anyone on a health kick? on 13:42 - Jan 5 with 1512 viewsclive_baker

Anyone on a health kick? on 13:35 - Jan 5 by J2BLUE

Yea. Been banging on about it for years but decided this year i'm just going to shut up and get on with it.

My new best friends are these:

Good man.

I'm not a dietician by any stretch but I've found from my experience the only way to make clean eating sustainable is to allow healthy treats such as those. Not even treats, I don't like that word, just part of your diet. I also found diet drinks like Coke (bad for countless other reasons I know) to be a bit of a life saver. Oh and balsamic vinegar, couldn't live without it.

GL J2

Anyone on a health kick? on 13:50 - Jan 5 with 1450 viewsthorpedo

Like you, I struggle for time/motivation - especially in the winter with the short days - so I bought myself a punch bag. Can do a vigorous workout in just 10 mins if you really go for it. I try to do it in the mornings 3 times a week, before I shower.

Thorpedo

Anyone on a health kick? on 13:54 - Jan 5 with 1444 viewsgiant_stow

I'm on day 2 of the 'not drinking a few cans of Fosters every night over Christmas' diet. It's going quite well so far, but I haven't noticed any physical improvements yet so may kiss it off, especially if I have to cook dinner tonight.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:01 - Jan 5 with 1397 viewsclive_baker

Anyone on a health kick? on 13:50 - Jan 5 by thorpedo

Like you, I struggle for time/motivation - especially in the winter with the short days - so I bought myself a punch bag. Can do a vigorous workout in just 10 mins if you really go for it. I try to do it in the mornings 3 times a week, before I shower.

Good man, boxing is an incredibly efficient way of conditioning and burning energy, especially at a high intensity. Boxing and skipping is pretty much all I do, plus some free weights. I honestly found no value in expensive gym memberships, I used to spend so much time getting to and from the gym and waiting for equipment etc that it was so inefficient. I now just have a rope in the garden, bag in my garage and a few weights and it's a hell of a lot cheaper and much, much more effective for me. Your body doesn't know if you're smacking a bag at home or in a David Lloyd after all.

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:11 - Jan 5 with 1364 viewsNthQldITFC

Anyone on a health kick? on 13:54 - Jan 5 by giant_stow

I'm on day 2 of the 'not drinking a few cans of Fosters every night over Christmas' diet. It's going quite well so far, but I haven't noticed any physical improvements yet so may kiss it off, especially if I have to cook dinner tonight.

Fosters!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:11 - Jan 5 with 1368 viewsDanTheMan

Anyone on a health kick? on 13:42 - Jan 5 by clive_baker

Good man.

I'm not a dietician by any stretch but I've found from my experience the only way to make clean eating sustainable is to allow healthy treats such as those. Not even treats, I don't like that word, just part of your diet. I also found diet drinks like Coke (bad for countless other reasons I know) to be a bit of a life saver. Oh and balsamic vinegar, couldn't live without it.

GL J2

One of the things I found was actually eating your 5 a day makes a world of difference.

Things like having celery and carrot sticks with lunch fills you up, and that's two easy ones right there.

Couple of pieces of fruit throughout the day when you're peckish gets you to four, and then you can easily get at least one with dinner.

Whilst trying to make sure I get my five I've developed a weird penchant for tinned grapefruit.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:12 - Jan 5 with 1359 viewsclive_baker

Think I would find it harder to take up drinking a couple of Fosters every night tbf

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:13 - Jan 5 with 1347 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:11 - Jan 5 by NthQldITFC

Fosters!

It makes the Norwich connection tame in comparison. We need to find Ullaa a style makeover before it's too late for the poor old soul.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:15 - Jan 5 with 1345 viewsfooters

I've sort of been on and off the patches trying to kick the old habit but it's been hard so far. Easy enough during the day but after a drink and during Christmas? Pah, forget it!

Hoping to give up by the end of the year completely though as it's really not worth it in the long run.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:20 - Jan 5 with 1308 viewsusm

Seriously Ullaa??? Fosters !!!
Still I guess thats Nawfoork for you.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:20 - Jan 5 with 1314 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:13 - Jan 5 by Swansea_Blue

It makes the Norwich connection tame in comparison. We need to find Ullaa a style makeover before it's too late for the poor old soul.

Fosters is light, crisp and refreshing. Plus it's nice and weak! You're all brutes.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:23 - Jan 5 with 1297 viewsSwansea_Blue

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:20 - Jan 5 by giant_stow

Fosters is light, crisp and refreshing. Plus it's nice and weak! You're all brutes.

I bet you used to drink Harp

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:23 - Jan 5 with 1290 viewsusm

Bizarrely my B-I-L bought 4 cans of Fosters with him to ours on Boxing Day - he's a
Leeds fan!

Reckons he doesn't like my choice of lagers - I had San Miguel, Estrella and Camden Hells!!!

Some folks are just weird....

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:25 - Jan 5 with 1284 viewsfooters

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:23 - Jan 5 by Swansea_Blue

Probably drinks Harpic if his choice in beer and football team is anything to go by.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:29 - Jan 5 with 1256 viewsdavblue

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:01 - Jan 5 by clive_baker

Good man, boxing is an incredibly efficient way of conditioning and burning energy, especially at a high intensity. Boxing and skipping is pretty much all I do, plus some free weights. I honestly found no value in expensive gym memberships, I used to spend so much time getting to and from the gym and waiting for equipment etc that it was so inefficient. I now just have a rope in the garden, bag in my garage and a few weights and it's a hell of a lot cheaper and much, much more effective for me. Your body doesn't know if you're smacking a bag at home or in a David Lloyd after all.

I got myself a Peloton and the end of March last year because of time basically, when the other half is out i can still do a ride etc at home and it's massively helped with my fitness. I try and get a ride in everyday over my lunch break, (when i have the time for one). I've not been able to keep up the 45 minute rides everyday but i squeeze in a 20 or 30 minute ride when i can alongside some 45 to 1hr rides time permitting.
Fosters eh.....? on 14:30 - Jan 5 with 1250 viewsBloots

....."I'd call that a driving beer"

"I sometimes take a can of that to the doctors surgery"

RIP Sean Lock

TWTD Leadership Group: Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Anti-Bullying Crusader

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:31 - Jan 5 with 1236 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:23 - Jan 5 by Swansea_Blue

Orangeboom maybe.

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:32 - Jan 5 with 1232 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:20 - Jan 5 by usm

Seriously Ullaa??? Fosters !!!
Still I guess thats Nawfoork for you.

yummy!

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:33 - Jan 5 with 1226 viewsgiant_stow

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:23 - Jan 5 by usm

Bizarrely my B-I-L bought 4 cans of Fosters with him to ours on Boxing Day - he's a
Leeds fan!

Reckons he doesn't like my choice of lagers - I had San Miguel, Estrella and Camden Hells!!!

Some folks are just weird....

San Miguel is nice.

Sorry to ruin it for anyone with that comment.

Anyone on a health kick? on 14:37 - Jan 5 with 1213 viewsIpswichKnight

Yes aiming to lose more weight and become fitter. Cutting out booze and chocolate is starting to work ( though am allowing myself 1 bar of chocolate a week ). Walking 8km every week day morning and also running every other day has already started to see weight coming off.
Anyone on a health kick? on 14:47 - Jan 5 with 1192 viewsEly_Blue

I was in this position 12 months ago, I’d been taking twice daily walks from May 2020 as my form of “commuting” to and from the wfh environment.

I decided towards the end of that year to try couch to 5k in 2021, by early March 21 I’d completed the course and have been doing 3 x 5k per week as a minimum ever since, that was until early November when I picked up a nasty cold/cough (not covid) that made it hard to run despite a few aborted attempts.

Fast forward to this week and I’m back on it again gradually building up slowly with my 3rd run since 1st January this morning.

It’s amazing that despite not wanting to get out on those cold, dark winter mornings how good you feel when you get back home and out of the shower, it really sets you up for the day.

I feel fitter than I’ve ever done and whilst I’m not a big guy I’ve managed to go from around 11 stone during the first lockdowns to around 10st 2lb these days.

* a caveat to the whole post is that I’m 51 and hadn’t ever really done any serious exercise since I was a teenager at high school and I always hated running and had never run since those heady days of cross country at school as a 13 year old! So if I can do it anyone can

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Anyone on a health kick? on 15:17 - Jan 5 with 1123 viewssolemio

I can remember a time when the Norfolk brewery Steward and Patterson actually brewed one or two half-decent beers. TWTD
Anyone on a health kick? on 17:42 - Jan 5 with 944 viewsitfcjoe

Health kick starts next week when I get back from holiday - will be doing Couch to 5k and then sorting out weekday diet

Covid has knocked my minimal fitness but a load of hillwalking on holiday often oushing a buggy has seen my resting heart rate drop substantially in a few days and it's nearly back where it was

Planning on run MWF mornings, and trying to pick up gym classes on Tues/Thurs when I can in the evenings and something over the weekend - to stop eating meal deals at lunchtime and back to overnight oats rather than chocolate hoops and no snacking - that should do it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024