Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Golf Mk 8 - anybody got one? 14:31 - Jan 5 with 1112 viewsWicksy

I'm thinking of changing my car and the new Golf is high on the list. All the reviews I've read are generally positive but say that the touchscreen controls are a bit iffy. Might seem like a minor point but could be very irritating after a while.
Obviously I'll test drive one but wondered if anybody here has had one for while...?

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

Golf Mk 8 - anybody got one? on 15:19 - Jan 5 with 1037 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I thought about it - had a previous Golf, but the quality of the interior has massively deteriorated in my opinion. I’m with you on the touchscreen, all a bit unecrssary, too fiddly when driving (heating etc), so went with an alternative which has buttons.

Also check the lead times if ordering a new one, they are crazy at the moment.
Golf Mk 8 - anybody got one? on 15:51 - Jan 5 with 951 viewsWicksy

Golf Mk 8 - anybody got one? on 15:19 - Jan 5 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I thought about it - had a previous Golf, but the quality of the interior has massively deteriorated in my opinion. I’m with you on the touchscreen, all a bit unecrssary, too fiddly when driving (heating etc), so went with an alternative which has buttons.

Also check the lead times if ordering a new one, they are crazy at the moment.

Thanks - will probably go second hand as I can't get my head around the x% drop as soon as you take delivery!
Out of interest what did you go for?

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

Golf Mk 8 - anybody got one? on 14:01 - Jan 6 with 738 viewslordsambuca

If you are interested in the GTI version s worth checking out the Polo GTI.

Not a massive difference in size to the Golf but cheaper and lovely to drive (auto). I have a 2018 and love it.

THere is a bit of plastic in the interior but you have the tartan trim and two colour dash option. I think most cars in that range are going to have a bit of plastic.

I find the touchscreen ok and have dials for climate etc., but think they have changed recently so they are more touch based and recall seeing that this had not gone down that vwell.

Good luck
Golf Mk 8 - anybody got one? on 19:09 - Jan 6 with 672 viewsWicksy

Golf Mk 8 - anybody got one? on 14:01 - Jan 6 by lordsambuca

If you are interested in the GTI version s worth checking out the Polo GTI.

Not a massive difference in size to the Golf but cheaper and lovely to drive (auto). I have a 2018 and love it.

THere is a bit of plastic in the interior but you have the tartan trim and two colour dash option. I think most cars in that range are going to have a bit of plastic.

I find the touchscreen ok and have dials for climate etc., but think they have changed recently so they are more touch based and recall seeing that this had not gone down that vwell.

Good luck

Thanks
Got a Golf GTI at the moment. I love it but it's over 5 years old now, approaching 60k miles. Can see me probably going for a late Mk7 GTi

Golf Mk 8 - anybody got one? on 06:06 - Jan 7 with 545 viewsdirtyboy

Golf Mk 8 - anybody got one? on 19:09 - Jan 6 by Wicksy

Thanks
Got a Golf GTI at the moment. I love it but it's over 5 years old now, approaching 60k miles. Can see me probably going for a late Mk7 GTi

Not got a mk8 but best mate has just got the mk8 R which is lovely. Didn’t mention the touch screen and he’s a proper fuss.

I’ve got a mk7.5 Golf R (which is why he got his - better than mine lol) and love it, not so loud to look at like a BMW M3/4, but performance on tap is superb, then easy day to day when needed. Interior is nothing special but solid and works well.

Plus with a little effort you can get over 400bhp :-)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024