Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
As we’re all talking about Cook 15:31 - Jan 5 with 3994 viewsIllinoisblue

What are your most depressing memories from his time in charge. Lots to choose from, obviously, but I’d go for:

Ipswich 2 Bolton 5 for sheer mind-numbing collective incompetence

Cambridge 2 Ipswich 2 for what seemed at the time to be the 37th time under Cook we were unable to hold on to a lead.

Rochdale 0 Ipswich 0. Watched this on IFollow and question my existence every five minutes. Don’t think we had a shot on goal against a team destined for L2

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:34 - Jan 5 with 2545 viewsDubtractor

Christ, I'd forgotten that Rochdale game.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:35 - Jan 5 with 2544 viewsMetal_Hacker

This season has to be Burton,Cheltenham and Bolton games for me

Not even going to mention last season's games

The Bolton game was like me playing on FIFA against my teenage Stepson

Poll: If it were one or the other

As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:35 - Jan 5 with 2546 viewsjayessess

gonna buck the likely trend here and say the way he gleefully fed all the antipathy towards the players in Spring 2021, in order to save his own reputation.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:36 - Jan 5 with 2537 viewsSteve_M

The realisation, listening to his post-match interviews last season, that he didn't have any answers but to blame the players. I think that might have been after that Rochdale match but it was on more than one occasion.

Burton away this season, and the way we had managed to concede twice out of absolutely nothing whilst not ever looking threatened. Then repeated that at Cheltenham from actually being ahead on 60 mins.

Cambridge was so annoying, incredibly comfortable for 40 minutes. And then we weren't.

Rotherham at home. Every bit as poor as those matches against the better sides under Lambert a year earlier, or indeed Middlesbrough under Hurst, just marking time to a defeat.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:36 - Jan 5 with 2527 viewstractordownsouth

I didn't even watch the Rotherham game but I knew it was going to be a drab defeat like the 2019 match. It felt like the Lambert era when we would go into matches against top six clubs knowing we had no hope.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:37 - Jan 5 with 2503 viewsFtnfwest

wimbledon and northampton, absolutely shocking. This season of course didn't go as well as hoped and there were some poor moments but nothing gets close to displays last season, we've by and large been in games since the summer at least for some portion of them.
As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:39 - Jan 5 with 2450 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Has to be Bolton, although Cheltenham is a close second for me as my eldest son also caught Covid at this game
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 15:40]
As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:40 - Jan 5 with 2446 viewsIllinoisblue

As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:34 - Jan 5 by Dubtractor

Christ, I'd forgotten that Rochdale game.

For some reason it stuck with me. Just the sheer awfulness of it. An empty stadium didn’t help but it was horrible and painful.

62 - 78 - 81

Login to get fewer ads

As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:40 - Jan 5 with 2417 viewsHerbivore

Circa 50% of the matches he was in charge for.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:53 - Jan 5 with 2330 viewsOldsmoker

I remember a time when I thought I understood what he was saying.
There was a sentence where I managed to grasp at least 3 words but he quickly started another sentence and I lost my place and..... oh well.
Even the subtitler gave up as no subtitles were available on most interviews.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:54 - Jan 5 with 2328 viewsRobTheMonk

Towards the end of last season, Madge and I would go on a long walk every Saturday. We'd go early morning so we could get back so I could watch the game.

Well, we'd not scored for about 5 games running and Madge said are you going to watch the game to which I said "What's the point, it will just be 0-0 and it will be a rubbish game". Low and behold...
As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:54 - Jan 5 with 2326 viewsIpswichKnight

As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:40 - Jan 5 by Illinoisblue

For some reason it stuck with me. Just the sheer awfulness of it. An empty stadium didn’t help but it was horrible and painful.

Didn’t we then repeat that trick against Northampton and lost! We were total Fisons finest manure that day.

Crewe this season was one of the worst, comfortably ahead at 2-0 should go on and win 3/4-0 but no they make a couple of subtle changes and we look lost, what do we do bring on 2 subs and move 4 players around and get even worse.
As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:56 - Jan 5 with 2291 viewsKropotkin123

Throwing away the lead at Cambridge was the worst. By that time he had had enough time to coach the team and make the correct subs to see out a game.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:02 - Jan 5 with 2240 viewsSwansea_Blue

Yet we also had some rather excellent performances and goals of the like we haven't seen for years. What a strange tenure Cook's was. On the pitch it was one step forwards, one backwards and then there was the whole shouty/key change interview idiosyncrasies. It would be unfair to portray it as all bad times, yet ultimately he didn't deliver what was needed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:20 - Jan 5 with 2157 viewshomer_123

For me, it was not being able to work out how he was wanting us to play. We had no identity or way of playing and absolutely nothing if anything didn't go our way.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 16:21]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:22 - Jan 5 with 2129 viewshomer_123

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:02 - Jan 5 by Swansea_Blue

Yet we also had some rather excellent performances and goals of the like we haven't seen for years. What a strange tenure Cook's was. On the pitch it was one step forwards, one backwards and then there was the whole shouty/key change interview idiosyncrasies. It would be unfair to portray it as all bad times, yet ultimately he didn't deliver what was needed.

Did we take a step forward under Cook?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:28 - Jan 5 with 2070 viewsArnieM

His very sudden and inexplicable sacking by Mark Ashton !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:30 - Jan 5 with 2065 viewsSwansea_Blue

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:22 - Jan 5 by homer_123

Did we take a step forward under Cook?

At times, I'd say so. We were so painfully slow going forward previously under Lambert, which made some of the games this year feel like a breath of fresh air. And we've scored some crackers this season. The step (or 2) backwards ultimately cancelled out the brief good times though, granted. Ultimately we went nowhere under him, but there were some highlights.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:31 - Jan 5 with 2056 viewsMullet

People slating Chambers and Skuse et al. with great joy and swallowing his BS

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:34 - Jan 5 with 2025 viewsIllinoisblue

As we’re all talking about Cook on 15:56 - Jan 5 by Kropotkin123

Throwing away the lead at Cambridge was the worst. By that time he had had enough time to coach the team and make the correct subs to see out a game.

Yeah that was bad. Started well, got sloppy and then inevitably caved in. Another large away following let down badly.

62 - 78 - 81

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:37 - Jan 5 with 1998 viewsmarkchips

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:28 - Jan 5 by ArnieM

I cannot know why as do not have the facts but he was clearly lost without Richardson and did not to seem to know what to do when opposing teams changed their tactics. If you step back and look at hi season in charge it was an abject failure. We are mid table with little chance of reaching even sixth place. The only way forward is to firstly rid the club of all hangers on like Kenlock , Nolan and Jackson. Only Ipswich would keep theses players, anyone else would get them out on loan .
As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:38 - Jan 5 with 2003 viewstextbackup

Cambridge 2 Ipswich 2 for what seemed at the time to be the 37th time under Cook we were unable to hold on to a lead.

--------------

was after this game that i started to go off PC a bit....

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:39 - Jan 5 with 1986 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Every time a new coach was announced.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:40 - Jan 5 with 1981 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

You know what they say about sarcasm...

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

As we’re all talking about Cook on 16:43 - Jan 5 with 1952 viewsHerbivore

It was hardly inexplicable. And I'd say his sacking was one of the better memories I have of his time here.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024