Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Djokovic visa cancelled 21:34 - Jan 5 with 5567 viewsBasuco

He will be flown out of Australia tomorrow.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-59889522
Interesting.
Djokovic visa cancelled on 21:37 - Jan 5 with 2817 viewsHerbivore

Lolz.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Djokovic visa cancelled on 21:39 - Jan 5 with 2797 viewsN2_Blue

Haha brilliant!

Cheerio Novak you antivax t**t

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Djokovic visa cancelled on 21:39 - Jan 5 with 2794 viewsGlasgowBlue

Good.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Djokovic visa cancelled on 21:39 - Jan 5 with 2803 viewsElderGrizzly

Djokovic visa cancelled on 21:37 - Jan 5 by Herbivore

Lolz.

Indeed.

Get a jab or the correct visa. Or both.

His dad sounds like he would get on with Maitland-Niles mum

Djokovic visa cancelled on 21:40 - Jan 5 with 2784 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

2022 is a good year.
Djokovic visa cancelled on 21:44 - Jan 5 with 2747 viewsN2_Blue

Djokovic visa cancelled on 21:39 - Jan 5 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed.

Get a jab or the correct visa. Or both.

His dad sounds like he would get on with Maitland-Niles mum

Classy family.

He's an outstanding tennis player but always thought he was a bit of a wrong un.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Djokovic visa cancelled on 21:45 - Jan 5 with 2742 viewshype313

Novaxx Djokovic

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Djokovic visa cancelled on 21:46 - Jan 5 with 2738 viewsWicklowBlue

Right decision, once sense over money reigned.
Login to get fewer ads

Djokovic visa cancelled on 21:48 - Jan 5 with 2735 viewsArnoldMoorhen

They trolled him brilliantly.

"What's that mate? You have the EP635 Exemption Permission Form? No, mate, there's no such thing. It's what those p*icks in Sydney head office say when they can't be a*sed to explain to someone that he's a moron... They're real jokers! It's like when we tell the tourists to look out for the Drop-Bears. Aw, look, it's just a joke, mate!"
Djokovic visa cancelled on 21:58 - Jan 5 with 2637 viewsRob88

Good
Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:25 - Jan 5 with 2502 viewspointofblue

To be honest, this is all political isn't it? Two independent panels verified, without knowing his identity, that he had an acceptable reason to be exempt. In any other circumstance they'd quickly correct the visa and let him in; they're just trying to save face because of the backlash.

And I say this as someone who think Djokovic's stance regarding vaccinations is dangerous.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:28 - Jan 5 with 2474 viewsBlueBadger

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:25 - Jan 5 by pointofblue

To be honest, this is all political isn't it? Two independent panels verified, without knowing his identity, that he had an acceptable reason to be exempt. In any other circumstance they'd quickly correct the visa and let him in; they're just trying to save face because of the backlash.

And I say this as someone who think Djokovic's stance regarding vaccinations is dangerous.

It's political in that he rather arrogantly thought he'd gotten around it, but STILL failed to produced the right paperwork.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 22:28]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:29 - Jan 5 with 2458 viewsdominiciawful

What a nob-end.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:36 - Jan 5 with 2425 viewsHARRY10

"While Djokovic had been granted a medical exemption from a Covid jab by two independent health panels, approval for the visa is a separate process.

The 34-year-old was snagged at customs after a member of his team made a critical mistake in requesting a sub-class of visa that does not apply to tennis players, sources told The Sydney Morning Herald.

This kind of work visa would need the support of the Victorian government for approval, but they reportedly refused when asked by border agents, saying that visa applications were a matter for Morrison's government."

game, set and match ,it would appear
Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:39 - Jan 5 with 2392 viewsBlueBadger

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:29 - Jan 5 by dominiciawful

What a nob-end.

And what about Djokiovic?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:42 - Jan 5 with 2376 viewsMookamoo

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:36 - Jan 5 by HARRY10

"While Djokovic had been granted a medical exemption from a Covid jab by two independent health panels, approval for the visa is a separate process.

The 34-year-old was snagged at customs after a member of his team made a critical mistake in requesting a sub-class of visa that does not apply to tennis players, sources told The Sydney Morning Herald.

This kind of work visa would need the support of the Victorian government for approval, but they reportedly refused when asked by border agents, saying that visa applications were a matter for Morrison's government."

Thought it was the Victoria state that approved his exemption, but much like the states, the federal government control the borders and it looks like they weren't consulted. He might stand a good chance in overturning it if he has documentation from an Australian based independent panel(s).

Hope they do send him home.
Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:49 - Jan 5 with 2342 viewspointofblue

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:36 - Jan 5 by HARRY10

But as I said, in normal circumstances, it would be quickly corrected. They don't want to this time.

Not that I blame them; just it feels like a political reason behind it to try and save face with the public.

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:53 - Jan 5 with 2315 viewsXYZ

Looks like he turned up without the evidence he claimed to have in his application.
Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:55 - Jan 5 with 2300 viewsCaptainAhab

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:49 - Jan 5 by pointofblue

But as I said, in normal circumstances, it would be quickly corrected. They don't want to this time.

Not that I blame them; just it feels like a political reason behind it to try and save face with the public.

I'm not so sure about that, if it was a random tourist with the wrong visa in the current climate he'd be sent packing. Good on the Aussies.
Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:57 - Jan 5 with 2281 viewspointofblue

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:55 - Jan 5 by CaptainAhab

I'm not so sure about that, if it was a random tourist with the wrong visa in the current climate he'd be sent packing. Good on the Aussies.

Oh yes, but he isn't a random tourist. Maybe I'm just judging the Australian government in line with our own and allow him to update the paperwork? Unless the exemption is somehow linked to the visa and there are doubt there.

Djokovic visa cancelled on 23:10 - Jan 5 with 2244 viewsHARRY10

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:57 - Jan 5 by pointofblue

Oh yes, but he isn't a random tourist. Maybe I'm just judging the Australian government in line with our own and allow him to update the paperwork? Unless the exemption is somehow linked to the visa and there are doubt there.

"Update the paperwork" ?

You don't have the jabs you cannot come in. Quite simple.

Never mind what exemption you have from having a vaccination.

No jabs, no entry.

And it appears he has been refused entry now.
Djokovic visa cancelled on 23:14 - Jan 5 with 2230 viewspointofblue

Djokovic visa cancelled on 23:10 - Jan 5 by HARRY10

"Update the paperwork" ?

You don't have the jabs you cannot come in. Quite simple.

Never mind what exemption you have from having a vaccination.

No jabs, no entry.

And it appears he has been refused entry now.

Other tennis players without jabs have seemingly been admitted - there were exemptions for those without jabs which went through independent panels without identities being known. This seems to be an error with the visa paperwork than no jab, no entry.

Djokovic visa cancelled on 00:08 - Jan 6 with 2111 viewsCheltenham_Blue

No. They wouldn’t necessarily ‘just update’ the visa.
An immigration officers job at the border is to check whether or not someone can legally enter the country.

It’s not to issue visas.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Djokovic visa cancelled on 00:12 - Jan 6 with 2102 viewsIPS_wich

Djokovic visa cancelled on 22:55 - Jan 5 by CaptainAhab

It’s almost certainly political. There’s a federal election in 2-3 months time and Morrison is very easily swayed by public opinion. This will play well for him because he can point to the Victorian Labor Government being soft in allowing Djokovic an exemption to play in the tournament - whilst the Border Force (which is a Federal agency) being the last line of defence to all these Covid riddled foreigners getting into the country.

It’s going to be a fine balance for Morrison around Covid. Other than a small stumble around putting all the eggs in the Astra Zeneca basket initially, he has played Covid really well. But as the country opens its borders the Omicron numbers are starting to escalate rapidly and by the time of the election in April the numbers might be out of control. He’s got three months to show to the public that letting Omicron in when the country is over 90% vaccinated was the best possible option - the problem is that he’s spent 24 months talking up an elimination strategy because “Covid is bad” and he now needs to shift the mindset of the electorate that Omicron isn’t such a bad thing.
[Post edited 6 Jan 2022 0:14]
Djokovic visa cancelled on 00:19 - Jan 6 with 2064 viewsStokieBlue

Who cares?

The guy is a total tw*t.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024