Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee Evans 08:47 - Jan 6 with 1353 viewsGarv

Only just occurred to me after reading his interview and the stuff about the overlapping CBs that he was at Sheffield United during their promotion year, albeit only played twice.

Scored these two belters the previous year too

Feel like he's had a lot of stick this season, maybe justified, but we've got a classy player on our books in him. It's been far too long since we had someone like him in the middle of the pitch with his range of passing and quality on the ball. The only shame is his role doesn't often facilitate getting near the box because he can strike a ball when he wants to.

I can't see him and Morsy being ousted much as the first choice pairing over the rest of the season.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Lee Evans on 08:51 - Jan 6 with 1299 viewswkj

MC has long been the position of choice for scapegoats to be identified, some more justified than others.

Douglas, Hyam, Skuse, Evans, Leadbitter, Jermaine Wright, Bishop, Downes, Doz - hell, even Stockwell got pelters back in the day from some.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Lee Evans on 08:55 - Jan 6 with 1274 viewsSteve_M

I think that both Evans and Morsy have played at times this season like the division is beneath them and they don't need to do the basic stuff well and, of course, both had a massive sulk at Charlton. There's been plenty of good stuff rom both but, for players with their talent and experience there rally should have been a lot more.

I liked how both played against Wycombe last week though, no doubt the structure of the team helped but it all looked much more organised and they were amongst our better players on a night when everyone was pretty decent.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Lee Evans on 09:06 - Jan 6 with 1180 viewsabracaDOBRA_

He played really well the other night so hopefully a new start under McKenna. I thought he got forward a bit more and his passing was neater
Lee Evans on 09:48 - Jan 6 with 992 viewsclive_baker

It was interesting to see his comments about preferring to play deeper, he looked a heck of a lot more comfortable against Wycombe than he has previously. Previously with Morsy sitting, Evans wasn't getting anywhere near close enough to the front 2 or covering enough ground as a #8, you could see the frustration from Bonne and Norwood against Sunderland that they were attmepting to press but there was always such an easy out ball. It felt like Morsy was doing what he had been asked and Evans was inadvertantly playing far too similar a role. If Morsy can play the more advanced role and Evans sits as more of a #6 then that seems to certainly suit LE more, and on Wycmobe evidence seemed to work for Morsy too.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lee Evans on 09:51 - Jan 6 with 962 viewsHighgateBlue

Lee Evans on 08:51 - Jan 6 by wkj

MC has long been the position of choice for scapegoats to be identified, some more justified than others.

Douglas, Hyam, Skuse, Evans, Leadbitter, Jermaine Wright, Bishop, Downes, Doz - hell, even Stockwell got pelters back in the day from some.

I'd love a player of Jermaine Wright's quality right now. I never understood why he got so much criticism, and even verbal abuse during games from our own fans.
Lee Evans on 09:58 - Jan 6 with 901 viewsWickets

Lee Evans on 09:51 - Jan 6 by HighgateBlue

I'd love a player of Jermaine Wright's quality right now. I never understood why he got so much criticism, and even verbal abuse during games from our own fans.

Unsung hero rarely misplaced a pass . What a Midfield that was with Jim and Holland .
Lee Evans on 10:56 - Jan 6 with 699 viewsBiGDonnie

Lee Evans on 08:51 - Jan 6 by wkj

Looking at some of the names on your list I'd say it has nothing to do with the fact they're central midfielders. Most were scapegoats because they are or were utter garbage.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024