Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook seems to blame everyone and everything else 14:03 - Jan 6 with 811 viewshype313

Rather than take a look in the mirror, I, like most others have said we all think he is a decent guy and I get it's probably more to do with sugarcoating his time, deflecting blame onto others etc, but just hold your hands up, you burnt the previous squad, and you couldn't get a tune out of this one.

Blaming data analysts and lack of recruitment rooms for me is really clutching at straws.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cook seems to blame everyone and everything else on 14:08 - Jan 6 with 784 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Have to agree, I've made it clear I liked Cook but his comments are irritating. A recruitment room isn't necessary for a league one club. If we get one, great, but it isn't a reason to use as to why he failed here. I doubt clubs like Rotherham/ Wycombe etc have one and they seem to do well at this level.
Cook seems to blame everyone and everything else on 14:09 - Jan 6 with 782 viewsDarth_Koont

But he’s making a comparison with his other jobs.

If he was also adapting to a new structure and way of doing things then that’s an awful lot of change at once on and off the pitch without even the manager to hold things together.

I think it will clearly suit McKenna more as he’s only really used to coaching in a more departmental set up.

Pronouns: He/Him

Cook seems to blame everyone and everything else on 14:13 - Jan 6 with 748 viewshype313

Cook seems to blame everyone and everything else on 14:08 - Jan 6 by abracaDOBRA_

Have to agree, I've made it clear I liked Cook but his comments are irritating. A recruitment room isn't necessary for a league one club. If we get one, great, but it isn't a reason to use as to why he failed here. I doubt clubs like Rotherham/ Wycombe etc have one and they seem to do well at this level.

It didn't deter players coming from the Championship or Celina.

Wonder who we missed out on due to the fact we didn't have a room.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Cook seems to blame everyone and everything else on 14:17 - Jan 6 with 703 viewsIllinoisblue

Cook seems to blame everyone and everything else on 14:08 - Jan 6 by abracaDOBRA_

Exactly this. It’s division 3 and we’re being outperformed by Accrington Stanley. That’s on Cook and his woeful band of unqualified coaches. He needs to shut up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cook seems to blame everyone and everything else on 14:18 - Jan 6 with 697 viewsabracaDOBRA_

Cook seems to blame everyone and everything else on 14:13 - Jan 6 by hype313

It didn't deter players coming from the Championship or Celina.

Wonder who we missed out on due to the fact we didn't have a room.

Exactly, that's why its a completely rubbish comment. We bought in some of the best signings we have done in years. All Cook wanted was Morsy as the cherry on the cake, and we managed to convince him to come down. You don't need a recruitment room unless your proper data driven, which is something were working towards I think, but were not there yet
Cook seems to blame everyone and everything else on 14:19 - Jan 6 with 691 viewsMetal_Hacker

Hate to say but he's making himself look a little silly

Part of me when he went felt slightly sorry for him ,I had some empathy but now ...nah

You reap what you sew and he's 75% IMHO ,responsible for the mess and his win ratio

He had a basket full of very expensive new toys and essentially didn't know which one to play with first - think he was a little spoilt

Poll: If it were one or the other

Cook seems to blame everyone and everything else on 14:19 - Jan 6 with 688 viewsBlueBlood90

I might be being daft here but what on earth even is a 'recruitment room'? Does he mean some sort of room full of computers/monitors with databases and footage of potential new signings or is that completely wrong?

As you have mentioned, I doubt probably 15-20 clubs who are currently operating better than we currently are have better facilities than we do.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

Cook seems to blame everyone and everything else on 14:28 - Jan 6 with 550 viewsdavblue

He's playing the game to make him look appealing for his next job.

There will be some element of truth to it, but he's not wanting to make it look like a complete failure here and there were reasons why for his next appointment.

I still think he's a good manager, just not the right fit for the club with the changes Ashton etc made in the summer and will continue to.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024