Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Snowboards and t bars 11:10 - Jan 7 with 1537 viewsLesta_Tractor

General moan...

Are t-bars designed to punish boarders?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Snowboards and t bars on 11:23 - Jan 7 with 1491 viewsWeekender

Are they new? Not seen one before. But then haven't been boarding for a few years

Poll: What's your HONEST opinion of nodge fans?
Blog: [Blog] The Curse of the Modern Football Fan.

Snowboards and t bars on 11:24 - Jan 7 with 1487 viewsLesta_Tractor

Snowboards and t bars on 11:23 - Jan 7 by Weekender

Are they new? Not seen one before. But then haven't been boarding for a few years

I don't think so, the last resort I went to a couple of years ago had them too

Snowboards and t bars on 12:38 - Jan 7 with 1433 viewsChurchman

T bars are designed to punish anyone that uses them. Thank goodness for chair lifts!

I would add that as a skier, boardriders deserve punishment! 😃
Snowboards and t bars on 13:15 - Jan 7 with 1397 viewsLesta_Tractor

Snowboards and t bars on 12:38 - Jan 7 by Churchman

T bars are designed to punish anyone that uses them. Thank goodness for chair lifts!

I would add that as a skier, boardriders deserve punishment! 😃

Can't we all just get along?

Thankfully we're in a ski area with lots of gondalas so most of the runs are easy to get too.

Snowboards and t bars on 13:18 - Jan 7 with 1386 viewsFreddies_Ears

Snowboards and t bars on 11:23 - Jan 7 by Weekender

They are very old. Back in the 80s, they were very common in Austria (and the main reason why I stopped going there). Mostly replaced by chairlifts now. a
Snowboards and t bars on 14:10 - Jan 7 with 1351 viewsTractorWood

Snowboards and t bars on 13:15 - Jan 7 by Lesta_Tractor

Thankfully we're in a ski area with lots of gondalas so most of the runs are easy to get too.

Whereabouts are you?

T bars are pretty controversial.

My worst experience was one man chairlift that takes you from Sauze d'Oulx to Sestriere. It's about 2,000m up and totally exposed. Awful.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Snowboards and t bars on 14:19 - Jan 7 with 1337 viewsChurchman

Snowboards and t bars on 13:15 - Jan 7 by Lesta_Tractor

Nah, you’re the enemy!! Only joking.

To be honest, had snowboarding been in when I was young, I’d have gone for it like a shot. As it was, having got to a decent level skiing I was reluctant to use up valuable mountain time learning to snowboard.

When I first learned to ski in France and Austria, there were a lot of T bars and even the odd button lift but chairs and gondolas are a far better and quicker way of getting up the mountain.

Enjoy your time in the mountains. It’s a great thing to do. I’m very very jealous!
Snowboards and t bars on 14:23 - Jan 7 with 1329 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Did a season in Tignes/Val a fair few years ago. There were bits of Espace Kily we didn't go to on boards for 7 months as needed t-bars or button lifts to get to.
Login to get fewer ads

Snowboards and t bars on 14:29 - Jan 7 with 1320 viewsChurchman

Snowboards and t bars on 14:10 - Jan 7 by TractorWood

Whereabouts are you?

My worst experience was one man chairlift that takes you from Sauze d'Oulx to Sestriere. It's about 2,000m up and totally exposed. Awful.

In the attached list, I’ve done most of them. The scariest for me was a chair at Squaw Valley called Red Dog. At one point it feels like you were being pulled up vertically and the ground looks miles away. It was an old two man chair with no safety bar at that time and me and my buddy clung on for dear life. We rode it a few times and the fear-o-meter never went below 10/10.

https://www.theskidiva.com/eleven-of-the-worlds-scariest-ski-lifts-2/
Snowboards and t bars on 14:51 - Jan 7 with 1297 viewsLesta_Tractor

Snowboards and t bars on 14:10 - Jan 7 by TractorWood

Whereabouts are you?

Wildschonau, couple of T-bars on the slopes at the top of Niederau and Alpbach

Snowboards and t bars on 14:55 - Jan 7 with 1287 viewsChurchman

Snowboards and t bars on 14:51 - Jan 7 by Lesta_Tractor

It looks lovely. Austria is a beautiful place.
Snowboards and t bars on 14:56 - Jan 7 with 1283 viewsfabian_illness

Snowboards and t bars on 14:51 - Jan 7 by Lesta_Tractor

I like Niederau.
Great for the kids to learn.
Snowboards and t bars on 14:59 - Jan 7 with 1274 viewsLesta_Tractor

Snowboards and t bars on 14:56 - Jan 7 by fabian_illness

I like Niederau.
Great for the kids to learn.

Kids learn so quickly, got overtaken by a toddler wearing a unicorn helmet on one of the reds this morning 😂

Snowboards and t bars on 15:46 - Jan 7 with 1239 viewsKropotkin123

Snowboards and t bars on 14:23 - Jan 7 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Did a season in Tignes/Val a fair few years ago. There were bits of Espace Kily we didn't go to on boards for 7 months as needed t-bars or button lifts to get to.

Val a fair, haha, got to love autocorrect

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Snowboards and t bars on 15:57 - Jan 7 with 1223 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

T-bars are horrid but button lifts can be fun on a board.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Snowboards and t bars on 16:50 - Jan 7 with 1200 viewsBluespeed225

Yes, mainly because I never mastered how to ride them!
Snowboards and t bars on 16:56 - Jan 7 with 1193 viewsBluespeed225

Snowboards and t bars on 14:59 - Jan 7 by Lesta_Tractor

Kids learn so quickly, got overtaken by a toddler wearing a unicorn helmet on one of the reds this morning 😂

I got used to being a grown man being overtaken by the toddler ski school, a large Austrian barking out orders to a column of 5 years olds with their arms out to the sides in a perfect snake going down the hill. I didn’t try snow sports till I was 42, I envied those kids!
Snowboards and t bars on 17:35 - Jan 7 with 1171 viewsnsu2000

Snowboards and t bars on 16:56 - Jan 7 by Bluespeed225

I got used to being a grown man being overtaken by the toddler ski school, a large Austrian barking out orders to a column of 5 years olds with their arms out to the sides in a perfect snake going down the hill. I didn’t try snow sports till I was 42, I envied those kids!

As a boarder, don’t try to stick the button or T through your legs, just hold onto the bar or handle and let it drag u up, simple and your cold nuts are still in one piece
Snowboards and t bars on 17:59 - Jan 7 with 1140 viewsRyorry

Snowboards and t bars on 17:35 - Jan 7 by nsu2000

As a boarder, don’t try to stick the button or T through your legs, just hold onto the bar or handle and let it drag u up, simple and your cold nuts are still in one piece

Ah, this "terror" of T-bars is a male thing then? 🤔 Was struggling to understand, as I used them all the time without any problem when doing a lot of skiing in Austria back in the 60s.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2022 17:59]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Snowboards and t bars on 19:01 - Jan 7 with 1097 viewsEwan_Oozami

Snowboards and t bars on 17:35 - Jan 7 by nsu2000

Only if you have steel pecs....otherwise you'll be faceplanting the snow before you're halfway up...

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Snowboards and t bars on 20:01 - Jan 7 with 1058 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Snowboards and t bars on 19:01 - Jan 7 by Ewan_Oozami

Only if you have steel pecs....otherwise you'll be faceplanting the snow before you're halfway up...

Best technique I remember is to tuck one side of the bar under your back armpit and hold the pole with your hand.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Snowboards and t bars on 20:23 - Jan 7 with 1036 viewsChurchman

Snowboards and t bars on 20:01 - Jan 7 by Charlie_pl_baxter

Best technique I remember is to tuck one side of the bar under your back armpit and hold the pole with your hand.

The ‘proper’ technique for skiers is two on, one each side bar at the top of the legs under the backside. At the top, pull on the t bar, turn it and release it through the two of you holding a couple of seconds to propel you away from the top of the lift.

Snowboarders? More difficult for the obvious reasons, so the armpit method may work better.
Snowboards and t bars on 20:28 - Jan 7 with 1030 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Snowboards and t bars on 20:23 - Jan 7 by Churchman

The ‘proper’ technique for skiers is two on, one each side bar at the top of the legs under the backside. At the top, pull on the t bar, turn it and release it through the two of you holding a couple of seconds to propel you away from the top of the lift.

Snowboarders? More difficult for the obvious reasons, so the armpit method may work better.

Yep that's defo a snowboarding technique, easy on skis albeit pretty sore on the backs of the legs!

Snowboards and t bars on 20:35 - Jan 7 with 1022 viewsChurchman

Snowboards and t bars on 20:28 - Jan 7 by Charlie_pl_baxter

Yep that's defo a snowboarding technique, easy on skis albeit pretty sore on the backs of the legs!

It’s awful on the legs. I hate t bars. They leave you exhausted before you’ve piled down the mountain!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024