Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? 08:47 - Jan 8 with 3972 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Lots of comment on here after the Charlton game about the idiots who come out if the woodwork for the London away games, seemingly with powdered noses and auditioning for green street.

Never got that feeling at Gillingham before, even though it’s just as close as some of the london games….

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 08:52 - Jan 8 with 2164 viewsbluelagos

Do Stone Island do raincoats?

To answer, no. Its not as close, Gillingham isnt a drinkers paradise, and kick off is earlier.

No roof and torrential rain will put off a few too.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 09:01 - Jan 8 with 2078 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 08:52 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

To answer, no. Its not as close, Gillingham isnt a drinkers paradise, and kick off is earlier.

I continue to be amazed how in 2022 in League one, any club can be permitted to have an uncovered stand or terrace. Didn't we start improving things for fans in 1994?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 09:41 - Jan 8 with 1969 viewsKeaneish

Powdered noses of Novacaine if they’re buying in London!

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

[Redacted] on 09:46 - Jan 8 with 1953 viewsvictorywilhappen

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 08:52 - Jan 8 by bluelagos

[Redacted]
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:34 - Jan 8 with 1813 viewsonceablue

This Stone Island reference is getting a bit ridiculous

Pep Guardiola wears it FFS

I am sorry you cannot assume everyone is a drugged up idiot who wears Stone Island

We are trying to move away from those sort of ignorant generalisations in today’s society
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:36 - Jan 8 with 1798 viewsZx1988

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:34 - Jan 8 by onceablue

I am sorry you cannot assume everyone is a drugged up idiot who wears Stone Island

We are trying to move away from those sort of ignorant generalisations in today’s society

Guardiola wears it, most likely, because he's paid to wear it.

As for 'normal' people - we generally choose not to wear it because it's overpriced tat aimed at drugged-up wannabe thugs who get raging boners watching Green Street or having The Football Factory read to them, and would run a mile in soiled pants if they ever encountered an actual hooligan.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 10:41]

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:39 - Jan 8 with 1773 viewsNthQldITFC

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:34 - Jan 8 by onceablue

Not all of us are.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:47 - Jan 8 with 1722 viewsonceablue

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:36 - Jan 8 by Zx1988

As for 'normal' people - we generally choose not to wear it because it's overpriced tat aimed at drugged-up wannabe thugs who get raging boners watching Green Street or having The Football Factory read to them, and would run a mile in soiled pants if they ever encountered an actual hooligan.

I don’t think so if you look at pictures of Guardiola he has been wearing it since he was a very young man

In Europe it is not considered hooligan wear as it shouldn’t be here anymore

In Europe people wear it more because it is nice clobber and fashionable. It is Italian luxury menswear

Stone island is now owned by Italian by Italian fashion house Moncler

Stone Island is known for its innovation approach to fabrication through dyeing techniques and surface treatments

There you go you have learned something new today and you are very welcome

COYB Stone Island or not!!!
Login to get fewer ads

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:52 - Jan 8 with 1689 viewsStrimmer

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:36 - Jan 8 by Zx1988

Out of your depth here pal. You’re not into clothes, fine. It’s unfortunate stone island had entered the public imagination in the place it has but calling it overpriced tat is just showing yourself up

Poll: Was it a punch?

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:54 - Jan 8 with 1667 viewsZXBlue

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:47 - Jan 8 by onceablue

I don’t think so if you look at pictures of Guardiola he has been wearing it since he was a very young man

In Europe people wear it more because it is nice clobber and fashionable. It is Italian luxury menswear

Stone Island is known for its innovation approach to fabrication through dyeing techniques and surface treatments

Why shouldnt it be considered that way here anymore? This isnot about race or something. Its about a chocie to identify with and wear a certain brand that has a certain image, reputation, and demographic. Choosing that clearly provides us with information about the person.
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:54 - Jan 8 with 1670 viewsZx1988

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:47 - Jan 8 by onceablue

Yes, I'm sure all of those in the SBL who choose to wear Stone Island choose to do so because of the brand's innovative approach to dyeing techniques and surface treatments.

They (and you) may be trying hard to sanitise the brand but unfortunately its reputation is so ingrained in the UK that I doubt it'll ever happen.

For an insight as to how this works the other way around, look into the reputation that Lonsdale has in Germany.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:56 - Jan 8 with 1653 viewsJakeITFC

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:54 - Jan 8 by ZXBlue

Why shouldnt it be considered that way here anymore? This isnot about race or something. Its about a chocie to identify with and wear a certain brand that has a certain image, reputation, and demographic. Choosing that clearly provides us with information about the person.

Has a certain image, reputation and demographic to you.
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:59 - Jan 8 with 1625 viewsonceablue

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:54 - Jan 8 by Zx1988

Yes, I'm sure all of those in the SBL who choose to wear Stone Island choose to do so because of the brand's innovative approach to dyeing techniques and surface treatments.

They (and you) may be trying hard to sanitise the brand but unfortunately its reputation is so ingrained in the UK that I doubt it'll ever happen.

For an insight as to how this works the other way around, look into the reputation that Lonsdale has in Germany.

Don’t forget if it wasn’t for that lot that sit in the lower tier of the SBL there would be no atmosphere at PR

They may not buy for the reasons I have stated but it certainly helps keep the product in such good condition after washing many times
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:00 - Jan 8 with 1620 viewsZXBlue

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:56 - Jan 8 by JakeITFC

And people choosing to buy it, whoa re football fans, are well aware of that reputation and choose to identify with it by wearing it. Its not a difficult concept.
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:01 - Jan 8 with 1604 viewsonceablue

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 10:56 - Jan 8 by JakeITFC

Bloody hell that is Avery broad ignorant Statement
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:03 - Jan 8 with 1589 viewsonceablue

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:01 - Jan 8 by onceablue

Bloody hell that is Avery broad ignorant Statement

Sorry comment not meant for you meant for Zxblue
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:03 - Jan 8 with 1579 viewsStrimmer

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:00 - Jan 8 by ZXBlue

And people choosing to buy it, whoa re football fans, are well aware of that reputation and choose to identify with it by wearing it. Its not a difficult concept.

‘It’s your own fault if I choose to make broad assumptions about your character’

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:06 - Jan 8 with 1555 viewsZXBlue

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:03 - Jan 8 by Strimmer

‘It’s your own fault if I choose to make broad assumptions about your character’

Nope.

I would not buy the stuff, because of its associations. People who know the associations and buy it anyway are clearly telling us something about themselves.
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:11 - Jan 8 with 1517 viewsNthQldITFC

For the sake of transparency on this thread, would all participants kindly state whether or not they are currently (or ever have been) in paid employment with Stone Island, and if so, in which fackin' department, geezer!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:12 - Jan 8 with 1504 viewsJakeITFC

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:00 - Jan 8 by ZXBlue

Maybe they want to associate with the style of Guardiola, or Drake, or Stormzy, or countless others. Or possibly you shouldn’t make sweeping generalisations about things that you haven’t got a clue about.
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:17 - Jan 8 with 1468 viewsStrimmer

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:06 - Jan 8 by ZXBlue

Nope.

I would not buy the stuff, because of its associations. People who know the associations and buy it anyway are clearly telling us something about themselves.

That’s the most parochial, middle aged opinion I’ve heard it a long while. Hey we’ve all got prejudices!

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:22 - Jan 8 with 1433 viewsZXBlue

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:12 - Jan 8 by JakeITFC

Maybe they want to associate with the style of Guardiola, or Drake, or Stormzy, or countless others. Or possibly you shouldn’t make sweeping generalisations about things that you haven’t got a clue about.

What a silly comment.

You know the association. You choose to wear it. It is hardly unreasonable to say that you are not concerned about the association and it does not put you off. That tells people something.
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:24 - Jan 8 with 1413 viewsJakeITFC

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:22 - Jan 8 by ZXBlue

What a silly comment.

You know the association. You choose to wear it. It is hardly unreasonable to say that you are not concerned about the association and it does not put you off. That tells people something.

The association is all yours though - I know plenty of people who wear Stone Island clothes who don’t even watch football. That you can’t get past your prejudice isn’t something for anybody else to worry about.
Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:29 - Jan 8 with 1376 viewsStrimmer

What a silly comment.

Absolutely blows my mind you’re going around saying ‘yeah I’m prejudiced - and I love it!’

Will today be a Stone Island away day or a good one? on 11:32 - Jan 8 with 1342 viewsonceablue

What a silly comment.

Zxblue - I am sorry but you are coming across as very narrow minded

As I said in my original response these generalisations about people in society has to stop

If you have a daughter and her boyfriend turns up in a stone island jumper will your first comment to her be ‘you cant go out with that drugged up hooligan’
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024