Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What on earth is going on? 15:16 - Jan 8 with 1196 viewsStokieBlue

This is fabulous stuff, proper football.

McKenna working wonders on the training pitch already it seems, the players seem to be on another level and working together.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What on earth is going on? on 15:17 - Jan 8 with 1156 viewsKeaneish

We’re playing with lots of width and the one touch passing is what’s been missing. So difficult to defend against if you move the ball that quickly - great stuff.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

What on earth is going on? on 15:18 - Jan 8 with 1122 viewsStokieBlue

What on earth is going on? on 15:17 - Jan 8 by Keaneish

We’re playing with lots of width and the one touch passing is what’s been missing. So difficult to defend against if you move the ball that quickly - great stuff.

Changed your tune on McKenna then?

Morsy seems to be loving playing for someone with little football experience, getting forward, controlling the centre.

I do agree, the one touch stuff with width is excellent.

SB
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 15:19]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

What on earth is going on? on 15:20 - Jan 8 with 1050 viewsJDB23

Have to take the opposition into account but yes seems like we’ve stepped up a level. Could be on his way to equalling Cook’s back to back win record after 2 games.
What on earth is going on? on 15:25 - Jan 8 with 934 viewsKeaneish

What on earth is going on? on 15:18 - Jan 8 by StokieBlue

Changed your tune on McKenna then?

Morsy seems to be loving playing for someone with little football experience, getting forward, controlling the centre.

I do agree, the one touch stuff with width is excellent.

SB
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 15:19]

I think you’ve fallen foul of polarising my sentiment as anti-McKenna. It’s a valid argument to say it’s a gamble stepping up from coaching to management. The coaching looks great to date, management is still an unknown.

For the record, I never said McKenna didn’t have much football experience, I said he hadn’t achieved as much in the game as some of his players which, based on experience, can cause his uncertainty and disillusionment. All looking good in game two though.

What on earth is going on? on 15:31 - Jan 8 with 860 viewsBluroo

This is why I was utterly perplexed by the argument that Cook deserved more time.

Our squad is amongst the biggest and best in the league and with proper coaching we should be challenging. Cook left us miles from where we should be. As we can now see.

Also the “much more attractive footfall” under Cook looks positively agricultural compared to this slick stuff today.

With that said K-Mak is an absolute messiah I reckon, superb MODERN coach and we are super lucky to have him. We’ve also been lucky with the timing having a mini pre-season but boy have they made the most of it.

COYB!!!
What on earth is going on? on 15:32 - Jan 8 with 833 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Definitely get the gist that we’re winning the 2026 Champions League

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

What on earth is going on? on 16:03 - Jan 8 with 621 viewsThai_Blue

Fantastic first half,great team display. Ironically the Gillingham commentary seem to think they are making us look like world beaters but I prefer to think that our movement and play is making them look like a team who use long throws to move up the pitch
What on earth is going on? on 16:06 - Jan 8 with 569 viewsNthsuffolkblue

What on earth is going on? on 15:25 - Jan 8 by Keaneish

I think you’ve fallen foul of polarising my sentiment as anti-McKenna. It’s a valid argument to say it’s a gamble stepping up from coaching to management. The coaching looks great to date, management is still an unknown.

For the record, I never said McKenna didn’t have much football experience, I said he hadn’t achieved as much in the game as some of his players which, based on experience, can cause his uncertainty and disillusionment. All looking good in game two though.

As a player, McKenna was on Tottenham's books and played International Under-21 football. I am not sure many of our players have achieved anything more than that and McKenna's career was ended at 23 too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Login to get fewer ads

What on earth is going on? on 16:06 - Jan 8 with 553 viewsKeaneish

What on earth is going on? on 15:31 - Jan 8 by Bluroo

This is why I was utterly perplexed by the argument that Cook deserved more time.

Our squad is amongst the biggest and best in the league and with proper coaching we should be challenging. Cook left us miles from where we should be. As we can now see.

Also the “much more attractive footfall” under Cook looks positively agricultural compared to this slick stuff today.

With that said K-Mak is an absolute messiah I reckon, superb MODERN coach and we are super lucky to have him. We’ve also been lucky with the timing having a mini pre-season but boy have they made the most of it.

COYB!!!

Let’s not get carried away. We spent the whole second half against Wycombe a few weeks back smashing it long and sky high. This is night and day at the moment, no question.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024