Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Reading Paul Mariner's My Rock and Roll Football Story 22:10 - Jan 8 with 769 viewsTheBoyBlue

Happened to be reading the chapter on the 1980-81 UEFA Cup campaign today and having read where he said Bobby Robson essentially reset the scoreline in the second leg of the tie, even if Town were 5-0 up, interesting to hear McKenna talking about winning the second half today, even though we were already 3-0 up.

As we know, too often we've got 2-0 up and thought the job was done and resorted to just holding onto our lead in recent years, so it is reassuring to think that KM and Sir Bobby are in any way similar in thinking on this sort of thing. No reason why we should stop at 3 and it was good to hear him say he wasn't happy with how we finished the first half.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

Reading Paul Mariner's My Rock and Roll Football Story on 22:16 - Jan 8 with 717 viewsSeablu

Seem to remember us blowing 3-0 first leg leads twice in the UEFA Cup during Sir Bobby’s time in the 70’s.
Wish we’d reset the score lines before those games. Absolutely gutted at the time, particularly the Bruges game which was my first away game in Europe.
Reading Paul Mariner's My Rock and Roll Football Story on 08:47 - Jan 9 with 403 viewsaceviljoen

Reading Paul Mariner's My Rock and Roll Football Story on 22:16 - Jan 8 by Seablu

Seem to remember us blowing 3-0 first leg leads twice in the UEFA Cup during Sir Bobby’s time in the 70’s.
Wish we’d reset the score lines before those games. Absolutely gutted at the time, particularly the Bruges game which was my first away game in Europe.

I was there!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024