Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwood 10:32 - Jan 9 with 3957 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Presumably he’s already off the transfer list. He’s earnt his place in the team week after week and even the doubters will surely agree he shouldn’t be going anywhere?
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 10:33]

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Norwood on 10:42 - Jan 9 with 3053 viewsOwainG1992

I'd written him off.
I've always liked him but felt the off field issues and recurring injuries would see him end up at a Tranmere etc.
What a brilliant last few matches it's been seeing him with Bonne.
Interesting how Mr Cook said we couldn't work with 2 strikers.
Onwards and upwards.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 10:55]

Poll: Apologies I'm bored. How many signings will we have by Plymouth at home.

Norwood on 10:46 - Jan 9 with 3009 viewsMullet

All depends on what we got offered vs what we can get in. I’d say it’s unlikely anyone has the money and desire to take him away from us.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Norwood on 10:47 - Jan 9 with 2996 viewsChrisd

If he isn't, then his wholesale value is going up at a rate of knots. If we sell him now, it would look utterly foolish. He seems to be enjoying the partnership with Bonne too, he seems happy, loving his football and we're seeing the dividends. As fans, I think we have to accept the baggage that comes with him off the field because when he delivers like he is at the moment it's hard to disagree that he's not one of the best strikers at the club.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Norwood on 10:51 - Jan 9 with 2960 viewsstrikalite

They have to keep him now, if King K can sort his head out(which will be in a far better place if he's playing like now)and I'm sure he'll think he can, then he will surely know that in January he wouldn't find better, big player when he's fit and on his game, get the frustration out of him by playing and we could have him back to his Tranmere days...
Norwood on 10:54 - Jan 9 with 2926 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

I think we owe Dyer a big debt of thanks for this.

Dyer is well placed to advise a player about off field behaviour having matured and come through similar issues. Seems like his wisdom may have done the trick.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Norwood on 11:08 - Jan 9 with 2849 viewsWickets

Our first game of the season , Norwood and Bonne off the bench to score a last minute goal to win a point . Did PC play them together again ? maybe he did not get the chance to do so but look how good they have been of late .
Norwood on 11:12 - Jan 9 with 2836 viewsGuthrum

We have to be prepared for the fact that there may be a dip in form or an injury during the remainder of the season. That's just a natural risk, rather than a reason why a decision not to sell may have been wrong.

I'd like to think the chance of off-field happenings is much reduced while he's playing and scoring, getting his kicks on the pitch. If nothing else, proving the doubters wrong, but hopefully enjoying the adulation of the crowd as well.

All of this will be greatly helped by playing two strikers, giving him a slot to occupy and someone to work with. Plus the better passing and interplay providing more to feed off.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Norwood on 11:22 - Jan 9 with 2774 viewsBiGDonnie

They still don't like him and tend to stay away from threads like this!

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Norwood on 11:30 - Jan 9 with 2724 viewsblueislander

Norwood on 11:22 - Jan 9 by BiGDonnie

He has scored goals recently, and unquestionably that is of great value. From what I have seen , yesterday was a much better all round display. He is a rough and ready sort of player, and I think he would struggle at any higher level. Piggot looks a better footballer, but ,for the moment, Norwood is well worth his place.
Norwood on 11:34 - Jan 9 with 2669 viewsGarv

Norwood on 11:08 - Jan 9 by Wickets

Our first game of the season , Norwood and Bonne off the bench to score a last minute goal to win a point . Did PC play them together again ? maybe he did not get the chance to do so but look how good they have been of late .

Norwood was on one that day, albeit just for 10 minutes or so. He changed the game with intensity and aggression, got the crowd up, and assisted the equalizer.

Whatever the reasons it's really a travesty he's only played a handful of games.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood on 11:44 - Jan 9 with 2619 viewsbilllm

I hope he signs a years extension, I think he's out of contract in the summer, but the club have the option of a year, we need to take that up + 1, good ATM for all parties he's 32 I think still looks sharp, if we're in league one next year there's 15 goals,
Norwood on 11:52 - Jan 9 with 2582 viewshadleighboyblue

Norwood on 10:51 - Jan 9 by strikalite

They have to keep him now, if King K can sort his head out(which will be in a far better place if he's playing like now)and I'm sure he'll think he can, then he will surely know that in January he wouldn't find better, big player when he's fit and on his game, get the frustration out of him by playing and we could have him back to his Tranmere days...

His anticipation and movement for his goal yesterday was pure striker's play .

So good to see him back in form , he is one of many key players in the club .
Norwood on 11:55 - Jan 9 with 2571 viewsbackwaywhen

Norwood on 11:30 - Jan 9 by blueislander

He has scored goals recently, and unquestionably that is of great value. From what I have seen , yesterday was a much better all round display. He is a rough and ready sort of player, and I think he would struggle at any higher level. Piggot looks a better footballer, but ,for the moment, Norwood is well worth his place.

Not sure sure Piggott will suit KM game plan , hard to judge him from yesterday’s cameo , but to me he seems more like a MM type player ie lump it up to him as was the case at Wimbledon I believe, just MHO .
Norwood on 12:03 - Jan 9 with 2515 viewsGlasgowBlue

I dint mind that people were appalled by his off field antics, such as the 2 DD’s, the black face and the poorly aimed social media posts. But they then went down the road that he was a pub player and not good enough to play in our team. Which is obvious nonsense.

Yes, they are very quiet now.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Norwood on 12:26 - Jan 9 with 2420 viewshoppy

I assume if he’s playing regularly, as he is currently, playing well, as he is currently, scoring goals, as he is currently, then he’s less likely to be getting bored off the field as the times when he’s not even on the field.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Norwood on 12:45 - Jan 9 with 2357 viewsWickets

Norwood on 11:34 - Jan 9 by Garv

Norwood was on one that day, albeit just for 10 minutes or so. He changed the game with intensity and aggression, got the crowd up, and assisted the equalizer.

Whatever the reasons it's really a travesty he's only played a handful of games.

Yes that is what i am saying . For me the writing was on the wall early doors that these two up front was maybe the way too go but it never happend again under Cook .
Norwood on 12:54 - Jan 9 with 2325 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Norwood on 11:55 - Jan 9 by backwaywhen

Not sure sure Piggott will suit KM game plan , hard to judge him from yesterday’s cameo , but to me he seems more like a MM type player ie lump it up to him as was the case at Wimbledon I believe, just MHO .

I think Pigott is a better technical player than people give him credit for.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Norwood on 13:00 - Jan 9 with 2271 viewsHerbivore

Norwood on 10:46 - Jan 9 by Mullet

All depends on what we got offered vs what we can get in. I’d say it’s unlikely anyone has the money and desire to take him away from us.

Indeed, it's rather moot as nobody at this level will take his expensive contract off our hands, let alone pay a fee for him. I don't think he's technically good enough to thrive in the new set up longer term but will keep his place in the side whilst he's scoring goals. I'd still be surprised if he's here next season but between now and the if he's picked hopefully he can make a useful contribution.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Norwood on 13:03 - Jan 9 with 2236 viewsGarv

Norwood on 12:54 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

He is a technical player isn't he?

We've seen he doesn't do very well and when you lump it to him, but you can see he's no mug with it at his feet. I see him as a bit of a Will Keane really, not many rated him when he was here but he always had something and has proved it this season.

Players like that need to have a team around them that understand what sort of service they want.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Norwood on 13:12 - Jan 9 with 2186 viewsBiGDonnie

Norwood on 12:03 - Jan 9 by GlasgowBlue

I dint mind that people were appalled by his off field antics, such as the 2 DD’s, the black face and the poorly aimed social media posts. But they then went down the road that he was a pub player and not good enough to play in our team. Which is obvious nonsense.

Yes, they are very quiet now.

People have acted like he’s a serial killer. Backed themselves right into a corner and look rather silly.

I’ll make sure I remind them as often as I can.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Norwood on 13:30 - Jan 9 with 2104 viewsblueislander

Norwood on 13:12 - Jan 9 by BiGDonnie

People have acted like he’s a serial killer. Backed themselves right into a corner and look rather silly.

Slight hyperbole but hey ho.
Norwood on 13:32 - Jan 9 with 2095 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Norwood on 13:03 - Jan 9 by Garv

He is a technical player isn't he?

We've seen he doesn't do very well and when you lump it to him, but you can see he's no mug with it at his feet. I see him as a bit of a Will Keane really, not many rated him when he was here but he always had something and has proved it this season.

Players like that need to have a team around them that understand what sort of service they want.

I think Pigott will do well under KM.

Norwood on 13:45 - Jan 9 with 2025 viewsWickets

Norwood on 12:54 - Jan 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Yes he is .
Norwood on 13:46 - Jan 9 with 2024 viewsDanTheMan

Norwood on 13:12 - Jan 9 by BiGDonnie

Forgot to respond to you before, you asked me why I didn't really want him playing for the club.

Basically as Glassers mentioned, 2 DD convictions (one of which he did whilst he was here) and the black face also rubs me the wrong way. He's old enough to know better and well off enough to afford taxis.

On the pitch he's a good League One player. He'll score us goals.

That said it's not like I'm raging about it, just would rather he didn't play for us.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Norwood on 17:03 - Jan 9 with 1781 viewswkj

My line was we should look for better as I believe better exist for this level.

That was based on him being injured a lot and pretty indifferent in a loan striker formation.

Well, some of those parameters have shifted, and he looks to be taking his job seriously - which is all you can ask for.

I did agree with others that he'd never play again, and had Cook stayed and stuck with a lone striker - that statement would likely have been correct.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024