Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh 13:33 - Jan 9 with 1569 viewsBlueastheycome

We moved 5 miles in 2 hours before getting through it as half the lanes were closed in the tunnel. Didn’t get home in Gods’ Waveney until 11pm (via a quick stop for dinner at Colchester)
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 13:33]
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:39 - Jan 9 with 1517 viewsSitfcB

There has been a couple, seen a few people mention it on twitter aswell. Was an emergency closure I think.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:41 - Jan 9 with 1493 viewslongtimefan

Travelling back from Gillingham by longtimefan 9 Jan 2022 12:03
Anyone else get caught at the Dartford Tunnel. When I first joined the queue the radio was saying 30 min delay. Ended up being around 2 hours. Wish I’d gone straight on along the A2 and onto the Blackwall Tunnel. Anyone go that way and have a better journey home?

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:44 - Jan 9 with 1469 viewsMeadowlark

I had the same problem, but I diverted through the Blackwall Tunnel. This was a bit snarled up too, but I was in The Stanford Arms by 9.30. Comgestion charge for my detour, but worth it.
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:47 - Jan 9 with 1435 viewsBlueastheycome

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:44 - Jan 9 by Meadowlark

I had the same problem, but I diverted through the Blackwall Tunnel. This was a bit snarled up too, but I was in The Stanford Arms by 9.30. Comgestion charge for my detour, but worth it.

I’m jealous.

Great pub BTW. Was in there a few weeks back over Xmas and they had a stoner band play. I think it’s vastly becoming the new ‘Triangle’ for the weird but wonderful .
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 13:49]
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:52 - Jan 9 with 1405 viewsfooters

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:47 - Jan 9 by Blueastheycome

I’m jealous.

Great pub BTW. Was in there a few weeks back over Xmas and they had a stoner band play. I think it’s vastly becoming the new ‘Triangle’ for the weird but wonderful .

Is that the place that does pizzas and stuff too? Not ventured in there yet but my sister was always on about it. Might check it out, especially since the Brewery is long gone for gigs now.

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:53 - Jan 9 with 1400 viewsMeadowlark

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:47 - Jan 9 by Blueastheycome

I’m jealous.

John Ward Band are on this afternoon. Bit folky but an excellent way to spend a lazy Sunday aFternoon.
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:56 - Jan 9 with 1385 viewsBlueastheycome

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:52 - Jan 9 by footers

Is that the place that does pizzas and stuff too? Not ventured in there yet but my sister was always on about it. Might check it out, especially since the Brewery is long gone for gigs now.

It is indeed.

Although when I was in there recently the chef was off sick so instead the bar staff made the pizzas and they just asked for a donation. It was still very nice and it warranted the full amount which I duly paid
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 14:01]
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 14:06 - Jan 9 with 1335 viewsBlueastheycome

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:53 - Jan 9 by Meadowlark

John Ward Band are on this afternoon. Bit folky but an excellent way to spend a lazy Sunday aFternoon.

That sounds lovely.

Way back in the day it used to be my grandfathers ‘fishermans only’ jaunt according to mother Bleuastheycome.

They’ve really swung it around in the last 5 years or so with a decent ale/beer selection and some quirky music acts. I’m sure it had been nominated for some prestigious best pub award but may be wrong on that one.
Login to get fewer ads

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 14:07 - Jan 9 with 1336 viewsMeadowlark

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:52 - Jan 9 by footers

I fear you may have missed their heyday Footers, but we'll see..
The new owners took over in the early summer after Dave and Sam had been running the place for seven years with great food, pizza Fridays and regular live music (never covers bands). The new lot are still finding their way and coming to realise that they need to get back to close to what was happening before in order to make it succesful. As you know it's a backstreet boozer with no passing trade, so they have to make you want to go there, and find it. I wish them the best of luck. I still use it regularly., but perhaps not as often as I used to.
Will be there in an hour or so.....
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 14:16 - Jan 9 with 1300 viewsfooters

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 14:07 - Jan 9 by Meadowlark

I fear you may have missed their heyday Footers, but we'll see..
The new owners took over in the early summer after Dave and Sam had been running the place for seven years with great food, pizza Fridays and regular live music (never covers bands). The new lot are still finding their way and coming to realise that they need to get back to close to what was happening before in order to make it succesful. As you know it's a backstreet boozer with no passing trade, so they have to make you want to go there, and find it. I wish them the best of luck. I still use it regularly., but perhaps not as often as I used to.
Will be there in an hour or so.....

Ah, that's a shame. Hope the new guys can keep it going - the town needs more places like that really. Didn't realise the previous owners had it seven years though! Although tbf I'm only back a few times a year and usually stick around Oulton Broad when I am.

Speaking of which, I'm gutted that the Commodore has gone all bougie in recent years. Was almost empty when I popped in over Christmas which is a shame. Used to have a nice homely sort of feel to it back in the day. Nowhere better to watch the powerboats out in the garden though :)

footers QC - Prosecution Barrister, Hasketon Law Chambers
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 14:19 - Jan 9 with 1288 viewswaveneyblue

I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 13:44 - Jan 9 by Meadowlark

Fine way to end a great day
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 14:20 - Jan 9 with 1280 viewswaveneyblue

I’m jealous.

Not sure the clientele are quite as eclectic as the triangle.... both serve great beer
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 14:26 - Jan 9 with 1240 viewswitchdoctor

sailed through….at 9 this morning..👍
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 14:28 - Jan 9 with 1235 viewsrgp1

Yes it was hideous I got back to Ipswich at 9.45. I considered Blackwall Tunnel but didn't think Dartford would be as bad as it was. Coming off the A2 onto the M25 wouldn't have been so bad but for the fecking nuggets who tried to push in further up the slip road. A number of near misses were had by cars London bound on the A2 nearly colliding with them!
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 16:48 - Jan 9 with 1030 viewsIpswichKnight

Feel our pain! Those of us living in the South have the added bonus of sitting in a jam every time we come up to Ipswich, go North and sit in a jam around Heathrow, go south and meet the jams at Dartford took me nearly 4 hours to get to the Oxford game from near Guildford!
I’m surprised I haven’t seen any threads about the Dartford Tunnel last nigh on 17:27 - Jan 9 with 973 viewsSenatorBlue

Carried straight on down A2 when I saw that queue, and came out right at the tunnel via the most obscure satnav tour of the London/Dartford suburbs.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024