Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huge protest at the Norwich game today... 15:00 - Jan 9 with 4850 viewsHipsterectomy

lol

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 15:07 - Jan 9 with 3839 viewsReusers_Tash

They’re the only ones with the correct number of fingers and could operate the speak n spell to write the banners!
[Post edited 9 Jan 2022 15:08]
Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 15:16 - Jan 9 with 3755 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hooge. They are a hooge club too. Did you know they once beat Bayern Munich? To think how far they have fallen.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 15:18 - Jan 9 with 3724 viewsMullet

They drop down so regularly they will have start adopting Yellow Submarine over that dirge they sing already

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 15:22 - Jan 9 with 3673 viewsfooters

Incredibly, that's just one family on a day out.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 15:29 - Jan 9 with 3617 viewsCopfordBlue

For a team who have never won a major trophy (or even been in a major final or serious title challenge) and with an average -sized, Championship quality stadium these fans have got idea above their station.

Why do supporters of such an average club think they have a right to even be in the premier league let alone stay there? As much as it pains me to say it, they’ve over-performed during the past 10 years, they’re certainly not below where they should be.

Poll: Most enjoyable calendar year as an Ipswich supporter

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 15:30 - Jan 9 with 3581 viewsstrikalite

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 15:18 - Jan 9 by Mullet

They drop down so regularly they will have start adopting Yellow Submarine over that dirge they sing already

That song they were singing at Palace then pretending they had scored was the most pathetic thing I've seen probably in sport ever, if ever as a player you'd want a reason not to go and play for them now that would be it.

...and the "Delia out" protest is laughable, they're so thick they don't even get what the Club are trying to do, though at the same time I'm loving it!
Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 15:33 - Jan 9 with 3535 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 15:29 - Jan 9 by CopfordBlue

For a team who have never won a major trophy (or even been in a major final or serious title challenge) and with an average -sized, Championship quality stadium these fans have got idea above their station.

Why do supporters of such an average club think they have a right to even be in the premier league let alone stay there? As much as it pains me to say it, they’ve over-performed during the past 10 years, they’re certainly not below where they should be.

On the flip side, they do have a point that there is no ambition to even try to establish themselves there either. Hull, Wigan, Burnley, Stoke, Brentford, Palace, Brighton have all made a proper go of staying up without risking financial ruin. They are just happy to take the money, get relentlessly battered and reset for the next promotion.

Let's hope that in Dean Smith they have found a manager capable of failing in the promotion part of their equation.

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 16:00 - Jan 9 with 3291 viewsArnieM

Tin pot club

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Login to get fewer ads

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 16:04 - Jan 9 with 3249 viewsPendejo

More London is an odd place for a protest, but they are odd people

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 16:13 - Jan 9 with 3177 viewsPendejo

It's because, however long ago they were, our glory days has them in a cold dark shadow. Their only hope for escape from the shadow is to win each of our trophies twice (as we will still have won them first) or win Champions League, good luck with that.

But as another poster has pointed out; Brighton, Burnley Paliss and Wolves have managed to stay up with similar sized stadia, so why can't Naaridge do it?

And I hope they don't.

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 16:40 - Jan 9 with 2992 viewsDeano69

Marcus Evans Group is looking for another club to buy..........

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 16:52 - Jan 9 with 2905 viewsFightingEssex

They’re a pathetic excuse of a club. I agree with their fans, no interest in anything other that being a champion yo-yo.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 16:59 - Jan 9 with 2848 viewschrismakin

Poor nodge they even came last in the cup draw.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 17:00 - Jan 9 with 2839 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 16:40 - Jan 9 by Deano69

Marcus Evans Group is looking for another club to buy..........

Now that would be absolutely perfect.

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 17:04 - Jan 9 with 2801 viewsbluejacko

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 15:16 - Jan 9 by Nthsuffolkblue

Hooge. They are a hooge club too. Did you know they once beat Bayern Munich? To think how far they have fallen.

Doesn’t count though does it? I mean we are not supposed to remember history are we.
Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 17:05 - Jan 9 with 2788 viewsTrumptonBlue

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 15:30 - Jan 9 by strikalite

That song they were singing at Palace then pretending they had scored was the most pathetic thing I've seen probably in sport ever, if ever as a player you'd want a reason not to go and play for them now that would be it.

...and the "Delia out" protest is laughable, they're so thick they don't even get what the Club are trying to do, though at the same time I'm loving it!

We did the "Let's pretend we've scored" thing at Hillsborough on the last day of 94/95. It was fun.
Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 17:23 - Jan 9 with 2679 viewsHARRY10

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 16:13 - Jan 9 by Pendejo

It's because, however long ago they were, our glory days has them in a cold dark shadow. Their only hope for escape from the shadow is to win each of our trophies twice (as we will still have won them first) or win Champions League, good luck with that.

But as another poster has pointed out; Brighton, Burnley Paliss and Wolves have managed to stay up with similar sized stadia, so why can't Naaridge do it?

And I hope they don't.

Whereas our last venture bankrupted us.

And Hull, Blackburn, Huddersfield, Swansea, Cardiff, Boro and Forest suggest that it is not the case. Derby, Reading and Sheff Wed highlights the dangers of supposed 'ambition. While we have Bolton, Pompey and Sundeland with us in L1 - all of whom would not look out of place in the PL.

I think some of their lot have been rather spoilt in the last decade. Three titles, play trophy (yes. I know) and an FA Youth Cup, If a club the size and with the wealth of Toon can struggle then it shows that all bar 8-10 clubs, the rest just take it in turns to make up the numbers.

Currently Fulham, West Brown and B'mouth fans are having a better season top of the Champs than struggling in the PL. And what explanation can be offered for the yo yo behaviour of Fulham and West Brom ? Both of whom spent over £100m 'giving it a go'.

A dozen or so of the deluded can wave an old bedsheet - but that won't change the reality for clubs of that size.
Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 23:45 - Jan 9 with 2134 viewsmojo

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 16:59 - Jan 9 by chrismakin

Poor nodge they even came last in the cup draw.

Yes and they almost got forgotten about as well
Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 00:06 - Jan 10 with 2103 viewshoppy

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 15:22 - Jan 9 by footers

Incredibly, that's just one family on a day out.

No, THIS is just one family on a day out...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 00:46 - Jan 10 with 2052 viewsHciwspi

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 00:06 - Jan 10 by hoppy

No, THIS is just one family on a day out...

An acquaintance of mine supports that lot. I'm sure I can see his SisterMumAunty in that photo!
Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 00:55 - Jan 10 with 2026 viewsbournemouthblue

They're certainly pretty delusional about their own self worth, I guess it's a bit isolated up there in North Norfolk

I'd like to think Town fans are a bit more grounded, yes we may have won the odd thing, the UEFA achievement is a great achievement. I would like to think no Town fan considers us a massive club, we are big by League One standards, we should be big by Championship standards but we aren't massive

We are a medium sized club of which there are many around the country

I'd put us on par with clubs like Derby, Forest, Wolves, West Brom, Sheffield United, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Leicester, Cardiff, Portsmouth, Southampton etc

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 01:56 - Jan 10 with 1970 viewsFightingEssex

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 17:05 - Jan 9 by TrumptonBlue

We did the "Let's pretend we've scored" thing at Hillsborough on the last day of 94/95. It was fun.

They live 94/95 every other season though. They’re a joke club.

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 07:04 - Jan 10 with 1827 viewsDeano69

Precisely. Rather than thinking of themselves as a championship club dabbling in the premiership they seem to think they are had done by by struggling in the PL.

Thought everyone rated them as a well run club???

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 07:09 - Jan 10 with 1814 viewssolomon

It’s because they have been enabled by a biased regional arm of a national broadcaster.
Huge protest at the Norwich game today... on 07:10 - Jan 10 with 1812 viewssolomon

Wonder what’s in the bag?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024