Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
what did happen with norwood? 17:42 - Jan 9 with 6140 viewspositivity

burns says "“I think everyone knows pretty much what went on with Nors", but has it ever been explained?

norwood seemed adamant it wasn't cook's doing, so is the consensus that it was ashton or that cook was told not to play him by the fitness team?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

what did happen with norwood? on 08:30 - Jan 10 with 4339 viewsSamWhiteUK

Probably talking about the drink driving allegations
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 8:30]
what did happen with norwood? on 08:32 - Jan 10 with 4324 viewsHerbivore

Probably just referring to him getting binned to the under 23s under Cook.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

what did happen with norwood? on 08:34 - Jan 10 with 4307 viewsJon_456

Its been implied that the performance team advise who is fit to play and that Norwood was one of those that wasn't so not available for Cook to select.

Odd that he was suddenly available for McGreal to select at Wigan, Barrow & Sunderland.
what did happen with norwood? on 08:36 - Jan 10 with 4282 viewsHerbivore

what did happen with norwood? on 08:34 - Jan 10 by Jon_456

Its been implied that the performance team advise who is fit to play and that Norwood was one of those that wasn't so not available for Cook to select.

Odd that he was suddenly available for McGreal to select at Wigan, Barrow & Sunderland.

That feels like a massive leap of logic.

what did happen with norwood? on 09:16 - Jan 10 with 4039 viewsgordon

what did happen with norwood? on 08:36 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

It was a bit odd on the face of it - Norwood said that it wasn't Cook's decision not to include him, and so it's likely that it was the fitness team, but then he was available when McGreal was in charge. Of course they might have just deemed that he was fit enough then, but given Cook's comments about working with the fitness team being difficult, it's not unreasonable to think that something more was going on (given Norwood's history as well).
what did happen with norwood? on 09:18 - Jan 10 with 4016 viewsHerbivore

what did happen with norwood? on 09:16 - Jan 10 by gordon

It was a bit odd on the face of it - Norwood said that it wasn't Cook's decision not to include him, and so it's likely that it was the fitness team, but then he was available when McGreal was in charge. Of course they might have just deemed that he was fit enough then, but given Cook's comments about working with the fitness team being difficult, it's not unreasonable to think that something more was going on (given Norwood's history as well).

Again, I think that requires a fair few leaps of logic. He was reportedly put on the transfer list at the same time he was binned to the under 23s. Would that have happened if he just wasn't quite match fit? And how did he then miraculously achieve match fitness the instant that Cook left? It doesn't stack up for me.

what did happen with norwood? on 09:22 - Jan 10 with 3973 viewsKeno

I reckon it was alien abduction

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

what did happen with norwood? on 09:27 - Jan 10 with 3902 viewsWD19

what did happen with norwood? on 09:18 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

Again, I think that requires a fair few leaps of logic. He was reportedly put on the transfer list at the same time he was binned to the under 23s. Would that have happened if he just wasn't quite match fit? And how did he then miraculously achieve match fitness the instant that Cook left? It doesn't stack up for me.

OK, so what is your theory given that is has been firmly established (by Norwood himself) that Norwoods non-selection was not a Cook choice?
Login to get fewer ads

what did happen with norwood? on 09:33 - Jan 10 with 3828 viewsabracaDOBRA_

I'm not sure that line refers to why he wasn't playing, I think he's just meaning we all know that he wasn't playing and now suddenly is.

Having listened to the kOA pod, one of them basically says it was down to Ashton AND the owners/ board. And tbh I didn't blame them at the time, was getting a bit fed up of his antics.

But it seems to be the kick up the back side he's needed and im buzzing that he's back in the goals. I've noticed his social media presence has decreased, and he seems to only reply to stuff with an emoji (I guess so he can't be blamed of anything)

Fresh start for him id say
what did happen with norwood? on 09:35 - Jan 10 with 3818 viewsHerbivore

what did happen with norwood? on 09:27 - Jan 10 by WD19

OK, so what is your theory given that is has been firmly established (by Norwood himself) that Norwoods non-selection was not a Cook choice?

I don't have a theory but I find the idea that the fitness department sent him to the under 23s and transfer listed him, then let him back in the first team squad as soon as Cook left rather far-fetched. I'd also take a tweet from Norwood and anything Cook has said with a massive pinch of salt to be honest, I wouldn't agree that it's "firmly established" that the decision to drop Norwood had nothing to do with Cook.

what did happen with norwood? on 09:41 - Jan 10 with 3733 viewsJon_456

what did happen with norwood? on 08:36 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

Thats my point. The fact he was brought back into the fold as soon as Cook left suggests it was PC that didnt want to play him.
what did happen with norwood? on 09:49 - Jan 10 with 3632 viewsSouperJim

I reckon it was Cook's decision to bin Nors to the U23s, he just lied to Nors and told him his hands were tied.

I have no evidence for this of course, just my pet theory.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

what did happen with norwood? on 09:55 - Jan 10 with 3583 viewsPhilTWTD

what did happen with norwood? on 09:35 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

I don't have a theory but I find the idea that the fitness department sent him to the under 23s and transfer listed him, then let him back in the first team squad as soon as Cook left rather far-fetched. I'd also take a tweet from Norwood and anything Cook has said with a massive pinch of salt to be honest, I wouldn't agree that it's "firmly established" that the decision to drop Norwood had nothing to do with Cook.

Not the performance department but it wasn't Cook who Norwood annoyed but those above.

Seems he was given a reprieve when the manager change took place. As has been documented, Kieron Dyer, who was assisting John McGreal, took a leading role in bringing him back into the fold having worked with him in the U23s.

To his credit, Norwood seems to have shown the right attitude during his spell with the U23s, getting fitter, giving the games 100 per cent etc.

This post has been edited by an administrator
what did happen with norwood? on 10:14 - Jan 10 with 3419 viewsITFC_RDM

Whatever happened, I'm just glad he's back in the team. whatever you think of Norwood as a bloke, no one can deny that we've constantly looked a better & more threatening side with him in it, since he joined. He's gone and proved that again now.
what did happen with norwood? on 10:14 - Jan 10 with 3420 viewsHerbivore

what did happen with norwood? on 09:55 - Jan 10 by PhilTWTD

Not the performance department but it wasn't Cook who Norwood annoyed but those above.

Seems he was given a reprieve when the manager change took place. As has been documented, Kieron Dyer, who was assisting John McGreal, took a leading role in bringing him back into the fold having worked with him in the U23s.

To his credit, Norwood seems to have shown the right attitude during his spell with the U23s, getting fitter, giving the games 100 per cent etc.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Thanks for clarifying, Phil. I thought I'd seen some talk at the time that it was top brass who wanted him gone but didn't want to suggest that without checking.

what did happen with norwood? on 10:28 - Jan 10 with 3305 views_sanctimoanious_

what did happen with norwood? on 10:14 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

Thanks for clarifying, Phil. I thought I'd seen some talk at the time that it was top brass who wanted him gone but didn't want to suggest that without checking.

LOL
what did happen with norwood? on 10:29 - Jan 10 with 3290 viewsJon_456

[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 10:31]
what did happen with norwood? on 10:33 - Jan 10 with 3242 viewsWilbrahamBlue

Hehe
what did happen with norwood? on 10:36 - Jan 10 with 3198 viewsclive_baker

what did happen with norwood? on 10:14 - Jan 10 by ITFC_RDM

Whatever happened, I'm just glad he's back in the team. whatever you think of Norwood as a bloke, no one can deny that we've constantly looked a better & more threatening side with him in it, since he joined. He's gone and proved that again now.

Personally I'm not convinced Norwood is the best footballer in the world, he's often loose and untidy in possession and his touch isn't anywhere near as good as Bonne's, but this is League 1. He backs in, he's street wise and he's wily. He wins freekicks where he has no right to, he bullies defenders, horrible to play against, he gets in the refs ear non stop. All those things you need to be a this level and all the things we missed for so so long. I still have nightmares at watching Dozzell, Nolan, McGavin, Bishop, Sears, Drinan et al, none of which are bad footballers, but were all so meek. None of them would say boo to a goose.

Norwood's a sh1thouse, and above all else scores goals. His record is excellent, when he's been fit enough to play he's regularly scored goals, anywhere he's been. We need to keep him and Bonne fit for sure.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

what did happen with norwood? on 11:22 - Jan 10 with 2962 viewsSamWhiteUK

what did happen with norwood? on 10:36 - Jan 10 by clive_baker

Personally I'm not convinced Norwood is the best footballer in the world, he's often loose and untidy in possession and his touch isn't anywhere near as good as Bonne's, but this is League 1. He backs in, he's street wise and he's wily. He wins freekicks where he has no right to, he bullies defenders, horrible to play against, he gets in the refs ear non stop. All those things you need to be a this level and all the things we missed for so so long. I still have nightmares at watching Dozzell, Nolan, McGavin, Bishop, Sears, Drinan et al, none of which are bad footballers, but were all so meek. None of them would say boo to a goose.

Norwood's a sh1thouse, and above all else scores goals. His record is excellent, when he's been fit enough to play he's regularly scored goals, anywhere he's been. We need to keep him and Bonne fit for sure.

His touch is absolutely fine and I'm not convinced its worse than Bonne's
[Redacted] on 11:24 - Jan 10 with 2946 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
what did happen with norwood? on 11:25 - Jan 10 with 2935 viewsHerbivore

what did happen with norwood? on 10:36 - Jan 10 by clive_baker

Bonne's all round game is a lot better, imo, and he's also very good at occupying defenders. He wins a lot in the air that he looks like he shouldn't win. I do wonder if longer term we might see Chaplin come in and play the role Bonne was playing at the weekend with Bonne then playing the Norwood role. I'm not sure Norwood is technically proficient enough for the style of football that McKenna seems to be setting us up to play.

what did happen with norwood? on 11:38 - Jan 10 with 2849 viewsclive_baker

what did happen with norwood? on 11:25 - Jan 10 by Herbivore

Bonne's all round game is a lot better, imo, and he's also very good at occupying defenders. He wins a lot in the air that he looks like he shouldn't win. I do wonder if longer term we might see Chaplin come in and play the role Bonne was playing at the weekend with Bonne then playing the Norwood role. I'm not sure Norwood is technically proficient enough for the style of football that McKenna seems to be setting us up to play.

Bonne's the superior player for me, 100%. But that's probably why Bonne is on the books of a side 5th in the Championship and at only 26 he's likely cost 7 figures to prize away. At that age Norwood was in the Conference with Tranmere.

Even without his goals lately Bonne's workrate and movement has been so good, he was close to MOTM on Saturday for me. It was his neat ball into Morsy for the 1st. The way he spun his man and slipped Burns in getting the assist for the 2nd. His movement lost his man completely for the 3rd that Penney laid across to him to score after Aluko's delicious pass. Bonne was involved in everything good that we did.

Norwood looks a good parner for him at the moment, I like his energy and while he's scoring goals he's undroppable, so long may that continue. They seem work together quite well at the moment.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

what did happen with norwood? on 12:19 - Jan 10 with 2658 viewsMeadowlark

what did happen with norwood? on 09:33 - Jan 10 by abracaDOBRA_

I'm not sure that line refers to why he wasn't playing, I think he's just meaning we all know that he wasn't playing and now suddenly is.

Having listened to the kOA pod, one of them basically says it was down to Ashton AND the owners/ board. And tbh I didn't blame them at the time, was getting a bit fed up of his antics.

But it seems to be the kick up the back side he's needed and im buzzing that he's back in the goals. I've noticed his social media presence has decreased, and he seems to only reply to stuff with an emoji (I guess so he can't be blamed of anything)

Fresh start for him id say

This continuing narrative about Norwood's "antics" bemuses me. Yes, he is appealing a drink driving charge, which is not a good look for him or for the club's reputation, but apart from that?
Antics with an 's' implies more than one, if not many such misdemeanours. Please enlighten me?
His social media accounts showed a disdain for idiots, a sharp sense of humour and an ability to give as good as he got from the countless trolls who were dissing him and joining the in-crowd on the anti-Norwood bandwagon. His put-downs were sometimes a little harsh, but often hilarious, but the mock horror from those "offended" by them was laughable.
I for one am glad he's back as I was calling for his return throughout his exile.
Was his professionalism on the pitch or in training ever in question? I don't think so.
I suspect our goody goody US owners didn't like the cut of his job, but now that he's scoring goals they'll turn a blind eye.
what did happen with norwood? on 12:23 - Jan 10 with 2612 viewsHerbivore

what did happen with norwood? on 12:19 - Jan 10 by Meadowlark

This continuing narrative about Norwood's "antics" bemuses me. Yes, he is appealing a drink driving charge, which is not a good look for him or for the club's reputation, but apart from that?
Antics with an 's' implies more than one, if not many such misdemeanours. Please enlighten me?
His social media accounts showed a disdain for idiots, a sharp sense of humour and an ability to give as good as he got from the countless trolls who were dissing him and joining the in-crowd on the anti-Norwood bandwagon. His put-downs were sometimes a little harsh, but often hilarious, but the mock horror from those "offended" by them was laughable.
I for one am glad he's back as I was calling for his return throughout his exile.
Was his professionalism on the pitch or in training ever in question? I don't think so.
I suspect our goody goody US owners didn't like the cut of his job, but now that he's scoring goals they'll turn a blind eye.

Well this isn't his first drink driving conviction if you really want to go down the route of exploring all his misdemeanours. Then there's the dressing up in black face as well. Added to that using a photo of his teammates cousin who has albinism to try and score points on social media, that was beyond crass. That's before the general social media 'antics' where I see your "sharp sense of humour" and raise you "complete bellend". Oh, and then there's his failure to look after himself during lockdown (allegedly, but backed up by enough people 'in the know' to give it credence).

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024