Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The rest of this season. 21:42 - Jan 9 with 4012 viewsOriginalMarkyP

It's not about making the playoffs. (for me).

I accepted that they'd gone with Cook's dismal reign.

We COULD make them, I'm not ruling it out, but it's not the be all, end all.

With the players we had on our books at the start of the season I maintain we SHOULD have made them at the very least. And I still hold that against Cook if I'm honest.

But. For now I'd really like to able to enjoy the football. All I want from K-McK, is for him to keep instilling the ideas and shapes and motivations into the players that he is doing. There will be losses I'm sure. But if the general approach remains the same, the future seems bright.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I want to enjoy the moment. And not making the play offs won't spoil it for me, if we keep playing like this.

But if we do, it wouldn't half make it a special rollercoaster of a season.

(Oh, and extend Norwood's contract/take up the one year option...but I think that may have quietly been done already).

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

The rest of this season. on 22:34 - Jan 9 with 3022 viewsWestover

I think we may also take up the one year option on Aluko 😂😂
The rest of this season. on 22:34 - Jan 9 with 3012 viewschrismakin

The rest of this season. on 22:34 - Jan 9 by Westover

I think we may also take up the one year option on Aluko 😂😂

Weve got the option on Aluko? Excellent

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

The rest of this season. on 22:36 - Jan 9 with 3018 viewschrismakin

I'm really intrigued to see how this squad does with this new found style.

The likes of Harper having free roam. Edwards. Celina. Even Nolan might even have shout.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

The rest of this season. on 23:01 - Jan 9 with 2944 viewsOsborneOneNil

The rest of this season. on 22:36 - Jan 9 by chrismakin

I'm really intrigued to see how this squad does with this new found style.

The likes of Harper having free roam. Edwards. Celina. Even Nolan might even have shout.

Do you like the new manager now? I know you decided after approx 28 minutes of him arriving that he wasn’t for you.

Warming to him?
The rest of this season. on 23:08 - Jan 9 with 2908 viewschrismakin

The rest of this season. on 23:01 - Jan 9 by OsborneOneNil

Do you like the new manager now? I know you decided after approx 28 minutes of him arriving that he wasn’t for you.

Warming to him?

Still not overly keen on personality no. So far so good on the football side yes. Like nors. I don't like him off the field. But rate him on it. KM, doesn't fill me joy personally. But so far has done a great job. Let's hope it continues.

The rest of this season. on 23:09 - Jan 9 with 2893 viewstextbackup

if KMc does all those things you want to see we'll comfortably be in the PO, as it'll blow teams away in this league.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The rest of this season. on 23:12 - Jan 9 with 2889 viewsSomethingBlue

It's very much about making the play-offs for me, we've eaten up more than a quarter of the deficit we were faced with in a single weekend.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

The rest of this season. on 23:20 - Jan 9 with 2832 viewsSomethingBlue

The rest of this season. on 23:08 - Jan 9 by chrismakin

Still not overly keen on personality no. So far so good on the football side yes. Like nors. I don't like him off the field. But rate him on it. KM, doesn't fill me joy personally. But so far has done a great job. Let's hope it continues.

You're really having to reach here aren't you.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

The rest of this season. on 23:23 - Jan 9 with 2819 viewstextbackup

The rest of this season. on 23:12 - Jan 9 by SomethingBlue

It's very much about making the play-offs for me, we've eaten up more than a quarter of the deficit we were faced with in a single weekend.

with oxford losing too.... cant believe so many gave up when they did on here

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

The rest of this season. on 23:23 - Jan 9 with 2814 viewschrismakin

The rest of this season. on 23:20 - Jan 9 by SomethingBlue

You're really having to reach here aren't you.

Not really no, he asked I answered.

The rest of this season. on 23:23 - Jan 9 with 2817 viewsOriginalMarkyP

I don't mean I don't want us to make the playoffs. Or that I think we can't do it. It's just I won't judge him as having 'failed' if we don't make them but progress on the pitch as we have so far.

After where we were at the end of Cook's time, the playoffs should have been beyond us. K-McK's turnaround (albeit only over two games so far) has given us hope that by many measures we shouldn't have, if we don't make it this year, I won't hold that hope against him.

(Is what I mean)

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

The rest of this season. on 23:52 - Jan 9 with 2723 viewsOsborneOneNil

Yeah, Cook was more of a lad, wasn’t he. Rather have a pint with him. But, doesn’t matter if he’s dull really. If he can get us finally moving the right way, then happy days.
Let’s see how we get on in January on 00:21 - Jan 10 with 2680 viewsunstableblue

If we can end the month say 4 points off 6th then it starts to look promising

But Bolton and Accrington will be sterner tests; and let’s see how we react to our first loss under McKenna.

But I do feel we can finish above Sheff Weds, Portsmouth and MK Dons, indeed we play two of them in January.

I feel it’s going to depend on our bouncebackability when we do lose and whether Plymouth and Oxford drop away.

As I said before I have a feeling someone who didn’t start at Gillingham is going to have a big impact on the remainder of the season! A Chaplin, Celina, Piggot, KVY

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The rest of this season. on 00:52 - Jan 10 with 2621 viewsBasingstokeBlue

> It's not about making the playoffs (for me).

That’s the way - support the team, eh?

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

The rest of this season. on 02:43 - Jan 10 with 2535 viewsBlueBadger

You should leave this sort of thing to the likes of Fishers.

They're professionals.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

The rest of this season. on 06:25 - Jan 10 with 2342 viewsBlue_Heath

Agree, main target is to 'coach' the team in terms of game management and establish a style of play as well as to outscore Cook points wise by the end of the season. Hoping we can build a momentum that would see us challenge for top 2 next season.

Bottom line is can it be done - possibly but we are 8 points off and when we hit a bump and draw one, lose one that gap will inevitably widen again.

A great start from McKenna, long may it continue.
The rest of this season. on 07:38 - Jan 10 with 2219 viewschrismakin

The rest of this season. on 02:43 - Jan 10 by BlueBadger

You should leave this sort of thing to the likes of Fishers.

They're professionals.

I would do, but it would be daft to leave it to someone else to respond to a question asked of me.

The rest of this season. on 07:55 - Jan 10 with 2176 viewsKeaneish

If Cook was to receive a hammering on here for not making the play-offs last year with half as many games remaining and half as many points to make up, why shouldn’t McKenna be privy to the same scrutiny? Cook inherited a bit of a mess, McKenna has inherited the complete opposite.

To Texters point, the play-offs are very much on and McKenna should be judged accordingly come end of season as should any other, as long as it’s reasonable and takes all circumstances into consideration.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

The rest of this season. on 07:55 - Jan 10 with 2171 viewsWestcountryblue

Our squad is very competitive and with good management, has a shout of making the play offs.

I think a bit of further recruitment is needed in key areas though to start picking off the better teams at this level. The left side and CB spring to mind.
The rest of this season. on 08:16 - Jan 10 with 2100 viewssuffolkpoker

but there will also be week ends, where we win and dont make up points or worse the lead gets bigger.

we got the performance which brought the points, which closed the gap.
We can only look to Accrington and surely the confirdence is high and we should win and march on.

Poll: Should Hewitt play for the Gulls in the 2nd round of the FA Cup

The rest of this season. on 08:31 - Jan 10 with 2047 viewsJon_456

How many times have we seen this 'as long as the football is enjoyable' stuff. It's all b*llocks.

Football is a results business end of. Winning is enjoyable and losing isn't, so in reality style of play, shape and ideas becomes pretty irrelevant if you're not winning (see Paul Lambert 2018/19 and PC 2021)

PO's are very achievable at this stage of the season. We've won 2 games and already closed the gap a little. Teams up the top end will have to play each other, we'll have to play them all as well.

Can easily see us finishing 4th / 5th.
The rest of this season. on 08:57 - Jan 10 with 1964 viewshomer_123

How much do you 'know' of him off the field I wonder? Have you met him, are you basing your decision on an interview or two or based on actually spending time with him or spending time with people that actually know him.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The rest of this season. on 08:58 - Jan 10 with 1964 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

The rest of this season. on 07:55 - Jan 10 by Keaneish

If Cook was to receive a hammering on here for not making the play-offs last year with half as many games remaining and half as many points to make up, why shouldn’t McKenna be privy to the same scrutiny? Cook inherited a bit of a mess, McKenna has inherited the complete opposite.

To Texters point, the play-offs are very much on and McKenna should be judged accordingly come end of season as should any other, as long as it’s reasonable and takes all circumstances into consideration.

Probably because back in the real world, Cook inherited a team in 7th, 2 points from the playoffs with games in hand on most of the teams above, and which had won its last 3 games. And proceeded to take us backwards to 9th. Whereas McKenna has taken over a team in 11th, 10 points from the playoffs (and having played more games than most above), and with 2 wins in 12 games

Quite the opposite indeed
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 9:00]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

The rest of this season. on 09:10 - Jan 10 with 1901 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Are you his neighbour or something. How can you possibly dislike him off the field hahaha

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

The rest of this season. on 09:11 - Jan 10 with 1892 viewsBiGDonnie

Do you feel stupid when you type this stuff or does it feel normal to you?

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024