Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What's happened to Nolan? 11:52 - Jan 10 with 2849 viewsCrockerITFC

Will he even be in the 23 man squad after the transfer window? I'd look to bring Kenlock back into the fold if we don't make any more signings
What's happened to Nolan? on 12:08 - Jan 10 with 2742 viewsCrock

He has been injured for a while.

Poll: Favourite number?

What's happened to Nolan? on 12:14 - Jan 10 with 2704 viewsRozz

Why?

I like Kenlock. I think he's an honest player and capable of doing a job for someone in this league, but he's got none of the attributes to play in the current system in either wingback or LCB.

If Coulson can't find fitness, I think this will be one of the first areas we'd recruit into.
What's happened to Nolan? on 12:22 - Jan 10 with 2641 viewsmeekreech

With any luck he will be paid off as he has been taking advantage of the situation with regards to the instability and changes at the club. For someone who had taken a slight knock he has spent an enormous amount of time on the injured list. It would appear to me that he has spent more time on the injured list than he has been available to play. Even when he was available to play he did not, in my opinion, offer anything worthwhile. It would be, in my opinion, better for the club to pay him off and open up a place for a player who can add to the team.

Poll: who do you see as next manager ?

What's happened to Nolan? on 12:23 - Jan 10 with 2621 viewsTractorCam

That would be so us to gain some form and consistency, then just revive Kenlock from the wilderness for whatever reason. No thanks.

As for Nolan, think it's safe to say his time here is done.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

What's happened to Nolan? on 12:23 - Jan 10 with 2617 viewshype313

Hopefully back on the grass soon...standard reply.

Might be better off smoking it instead.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What's happened to Nolan? on 12:29 - Jan 10 with 2553 viewsusm

What's happened to Nolan? on 12:22 - Jan 10 by meekreech

With any luck he will be paid off as he has been taking advantage of the situation with regards to the instability and changes at the club. For someone who had taken a slight knock he has spent an enormous amount of time on the injured list. It would appear to me that he has spent more time on the injured list than he has been available to play. Even when he was available to play he did not, in my opinion, offer anything worthwhile. It would be, in my opinion, better for the club to pay him off and open up a place for a player who can add to the team.

Just a question - do you know that or are you making assumptions?

If true, his time here (and anywhere else half decent) truly is done.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

What's happened to Nolan? on 12:36 - Jan 10 with 2486 viewsRadlett_blue

What's happened to Nolan? on 12:29 - Jan 10 by usm

Just a question - do you know that or are you making assumptions?

If true, his time here (and anywhere else half decent) truly is done.

Nolan will soon be 30 & hasn't played much more than half the games in any of his seasons at Town. When he has done, he's looked a bang average tier 3 player, like all of Hurst's signings. Hard to see him having a future at Town & I guess he'll be hoping for a new contract from an optimistic 3rd tier club.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

What's happened to Nolan? on 12:42 - Jan 10 with 2449 viewshomer_123

Are we missing him then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Login to get fewer ads

What's happened to Nolan? on 12:43 - Jan 10 with 2431 viewshype313

What's happened to Nolan? on 12:36 - Jan 10 by Radlett_blue

Nolan will soon be 30 & hasn't played much more than half the games in any of his seasons at Town. When he has done, he's looked a bang average tier 3 player, like all of Hurst's signings. Hard to see him having a future at Town & I guess he'll be hoping for a new contract from an optimistic 3rd tier club.

Indeed, and under a ME stewardship he would have been ok given the calibre of signings we had under Evans, but everything's changed, I very much doubt he would be the standard required by Ashton and McKenna now or going forward.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

What's happened to Nolan? on 13:22 - Jan 10 with 2278 viewsOriginalMarkyP

All Nolan's bones have fallen out of his body.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

What's happened to Nolan? on 13:28 - Jan 10 with 2254 viewsjayessess

Hasn't played in nearly a year now, so it'll be basically impossible to move him on during this window. Whether we bother registering him as one of our 22 outfielders will just depend on whether we're at the limit or not, I guess.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

What's happened to Nolan? on 13:58 - Jan 10 with 2165 viewsistanblue

They can both go. Lower League 1 players at best.
What's happened to Nolan? on 14:19 - Jan 10 with 2100 viewsPhilTWTD

Very unfair and harsh re the injuries. He hasn't just had a slight knock, he's had a series of injuries, the first of which was a significant knee problem.
What's happened to Nolan? on 14:41 - Jan 10 with 1990 viewsOriginalMarkyP

What's happened to Nolan? on 14:19 - Jan 10 by PhilTWTD

Very unfair and harsh re the injuries. He hasn't just had a slight knock, he's had a series of injuries, the first of which was a significant knee problem.

To be honest, all the talk around players and mental health, I can only imagine what being injured for as long as he has does to a player's state of mind.

It must be very tough.

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

What's happened to Nolan? on 14:43 - Jan 10 with 1976 viewsPhilTWTD

What's happened to Nolan? on 14:41 - Jan 10 by OriginalMarkyP

To be honest, all the talk around players and mental health, I can only imagine what being injured for as long as he has does to a player's state of mind.

It must be very tough.

Indeed, and very unfortunate timing for him. He got injured on the day of Paul Cook's first training session after taking over. Then again at the start of pre-season, then needed a minor op when he was closing in on a return, he'd even been on the bench, if I remember rightly.
What's happened to Nolan? on 15:29 - Jan 10 with 1848 viewsbournemouthblue

What's happened to Nolan? on 14:19 - Jan 10 by PhilTWTD

For me he's a reasonable player who we haven't seen the best of, given the way McKenna wants us to play, you might see quite a bit more out of a fit Nolan

Who knows how he will be after the injury, it will probably be another club who finds out I imagine

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

What's happened to Nolan? on 18:27 - Jan 10 with 1669 viewsChurchman

What's happened to Nolan? on 13:58 - Jan 10 by istanblue

They can both go. Lower League 1 players at best.

He had two decent seasons in L1 for Chesterfield and Shrewsbury. Before that, Conference level all the way.

For us, 61 appearances in three and a half seasons, a paltry 13 since the start of 2020/21. Whatever the reasons, that’s not good enough. The sooner he moves on the better.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 11:05]
What's happened to Nolan? on 10:53 - Jan 11 with 1308 viewsWickets

Bit of a huge jump to say he is taking the Piss !
What's happened to Nolan? on 10:57 - Jan 11 with 1292 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What's happened to Nolan? on 12:36 - Jan 10 by Radlett_blue

Can't see him playing for us again. Had a few decent games but like so many others what a let down overall, although generally in difficult circumstances. Played very well at WBA in the relegation season.

Whilst he is capable of making decent forward runs (and scoring goals) he stood out as being so negative on the ball under Hurst and Lambert. Perhaps that was by design but the amount of times he'd receive it from the back, spin around in a circle like a dog chasing its tail, and then pass it sideways was unreal. We counted during a game once and it was 7 times I think.
What's happened to Nolan? on 11:01 - Jan 11 with 1277 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What's happened to Nolan? on 12:14 - Jan 10 by Rozz

Why?

I like Kenlock. I think he's an honest player and capable of doing a job for someone in this league, but he's got none of the attributes to play in the current system in either wingback or LCB.

If Coulson can't find fitness, I think this will be one of the first areas we'd recruit into.

Kenlock is capable for sure. Played a lot of games at a good level.

Was thinking the other day, he's not scored has he? He did at Barnet in pre-season under Hurst but couldn't recall another one?
What's happened to Nolan? on 13:30 - Jan 11 with 1113 viewsWestcountryblue

I'd look to move Nolan on as soon as possible.

He may do well at another League One club, but personally i'm not a fan. He saunters around the pitch, repeatedly pulling his socks up, playing simple 5 yard passes either sideways or backwards. I wouldn't have thought James Pullen would have had to wash his shorts too often either with his lack of tenacity and aggression on the pitch.

Wasn't impressed with his mindless 93rd minute red card nor when he stormed down the tunnel after a very mediocre performance last year.

Evans, Morsey, Carrol et al are all a step up.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2022 13:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024