Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. 13:46 - Jan 10 with 3316 viewsjontysnut

Conservative party press office desperately cancelling anything else he's been booked to appear on. Having a view on the jury's deliberations in the Colston case when even the jurors aren't allowed to discuss them being a particular high (or low) point.
Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 13:52 - Jan 10 with 2703 viewsElderGrizzly

This Tom Hunt.

Vice-Chair of the Common Sense Group. There’s todays oximoron.

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 13:59 - Jan 10 with 2682 viewsSomethingBlue

He was an absolute disgrace. A stain on Ipswich and its reputation, who cares nothing for the town and only for his own advancement.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 14:10 - Jan 10 with 2619 viewsElderGrizzly

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 13:59 - Jan 10 by SomethingBlue

He was an absolute disgrace. A stain on Ipswich and its reputation, who cares nothing for the town and only for his own advancement.

This interview is the issue apparently

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 14:14 - Jan 10 with 2591 viewsSomethingBlue

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 14:10 - Jan 10 by ElderGrizzly

It's about time the local media, at least, stopped giving him any kind of platform — he is dangerous and must be stopped.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 14:19 - Jan 10 with 2566 viewsIllinoisblue

So the self-proclaimed party of law and order wants to ignore jury verdicts they disagree with. His dismissive reference to “legal experts” is telling. On a par with “science experts” that are so easily dismissed by loons and simpletons.

How the fk did this know-nothing charlatan ever get elected.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 14:31 - Jan 10 with 2500 viewsMattinLondon

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 14:19 - Jan 10 by Illinoisblue

So the self-proclaimed party of law and order wants to ignore jury verdicts they disagree with. His dismissive reference to “legal experts” is telling. On a par with “science experts” that are so easily dismissed by loons and simpletons.

The last few years has seen this country losing its compassion and taking delight in pissing over the poor. But that’s ok because Boris is a right laugh and got Brexit done. Tom Hunt is the epitome of such a damaged society.
Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 14:38 - Jan 10 with 2483 viewsitfc_bucks

I believe the answer to how that loon and charlatan got elected is, via the votes of loons and charlatans.
Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 15:37 - Jan 10 with 2289 viewsjontysnut

He had to be constantly corrected for saying that the protesters had commited criminal damage when a jury had decided that they hadn't.
Login to get fewer ads

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 15:50 - Jan 10 with 2227 viewsThe_Major

A reminder there that the tapeworm Hunt values a statue of a slave trader at the bottom of a river more than he values the body of a child at the bottom of the English Channel.
Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 16:01 - Jan 10 with 2195 viewstractordownsouth

He's saying that if wrongdoing isn't properly punished it encourages more bad behaviour.

I wonder how he voted on the Owen Paterson amendment?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 17:17 - Jan 10 with 2030 viewsmylittletown

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 16:01 - Jan 10 by tractordownsouth

He's saying that if wrongdoing isn't properly punished it encourages more bad behaviour.

I wonder how he voted on the Owen Paterson amendment?

How the hell does someone who went to decent schools, a decent university, and even did a postgrad at Oxford end up so thick?

He is 'they would vote for a monkey' personified.
Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 17:34 - Jan 10 with 1979 viewsMullet

I assume he’s the family dunce and Daddy’s money ensured he stayed away from the family business by getting him entangled in politics.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:41 - Jan 10 with 1859 viewsDubtractor

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 17:34 - Jan 10 by Mullet

I assume he’s the family dunce and Daddy’s money ensured he stayed away from the family business by getting him entangled in politics.

Pretty certain I've read previously that his dad is a big cheese in the Tories, which is why he has ended up as a candidate, elsewhere too before we sadly got lumbered with him.

I'm planning on moving this year, and if I end up outside Ipswich losing him as my MP will definitely be a bonus. Though seeing as I'll end up with another flavour of tory elsewhere in Suffolk its a pretty small victory!

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:41 - Jan 10 with 1860 viewsThe_Major

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:45 - Jan 10 with 1821 viewsfactual_blue

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 17:17 - Jan 10 by mylittletown

How the hell does someone who went to decent schools, a decent university, and even did a postgrad at Oxford end up so thick?

He is 'they would vote for a monkey' personified.

Well, in my day PMH at Manchester was for those 'not quite good enough for a proper history degree'.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:46 - Jan 10 with 1814 viewsHerbivore

He's just an awful, awful c***.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:46 - Jan 10 with 1815 viewsMullet

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:41 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

Pretty certain I've read previously that his dad is a big cheese in the Tories, which is why he has ended up as a candidate, elsewhere too before we sadly got lumbered with him.

I'm planning on moving this year, and if I end up outside Ipswich losing him as my MP will definitely be a bonus. Though seeing as I'll end up with another flavour of tory elsewhere in Suffolk its a pretty small victory!

He's the sort of bloke who in another century would be packed off into the clergy or the military where he could do less damage overseas, and if he didn't come back they could mourn him as doing his duty etc.

I just don't get how Ipswich can be Tory as it were. Rural parts of Suffolk it makes more sense, but a Town the size and profile of Ipswich has way more in common with the Red Wall I'd have thought.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:50 - Jan 10 with 1784 viewsdickie

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:46 - Jan 10 by Mullet

He's the sort of bloke who in another century would be packed off into the clergy or the military where he could do less damage overseas, and if he didn't come back they could mourn him as doing his duty etc.

I just don't get how Ipswich can be Tory as it were. Rural parts of Suffolk it makes more sense, but a Town the size and profile of Ipswich has way more in common with the Red Wall I'd have thought.

Brexit init, lots of xenophobes sadly
Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:54 - Jan 10 with 1768 viewslongtimefan

I think you’ve answered your own question. Ipswich turned like many Red Wall seats.
Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:55 - Jan 10 with 1759 viewsDubtractor

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:50 - Jan 10 by dickie

Brexit init, lots of xenophobes sadly

Yeah, it's an odd place with a strong working class tory vote. Oddly the tory vote is probably strongest amongst those whom they will help the least.

They did say brexit a lot though.

That said, Ben Gummer got elected here too pre brexit, though if I'm being fair he was a genuinely decent local MP. His national voting didn't look too clever, but I guess that is just par for the course with whipped voting.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:57 - Jan 10 with 1738 viewstractordownsouth

It's still more Labour than Tory traditionally though. It's been won by Labour when they've been in opposition a few times (2017 for example) but that hasn't happened very often with the Tories. I don't know how much time he spends at surgeries and events locally but even if he has a personal vote (and I find it hard to imagine he does) he'll find it tough next time around. I doubt making a tit of himself on TV every few weeks is doing him any favours.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:59 - Jan 10 with 1721 viewsdickie

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:55 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

Yeah, it's an odd place with a strong working class tory vote. Oddly the tory vote is probably strongest amongst those whom they will help the least.

That said, Ben Gummer got elected here too pre brexit, though if I'm being fair he was a genuinely decent local MP. His national voting didn't look too clever, but I guess that is just par for the course with whipped voting.

I genuinely felt sadness when Sandy lost to Tom Hunt. I never cared for either Gummers but either would be a vast improvement for us now!
Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 19:00 - Jan 10 with 1718 viewsThe_Major

To be fair, the Ipswich constituency has been more Labour than Tory since the war. The Tories didn't win it until 1970.

Labour gave us Sir Dingle Foot, the mighty Ken Weetch, Jamie Cann, Chris Mole, Sandy Martin. Tories gave us Ernle Money, Michael Irvine, Ben Gummer.

Thing is, no matter what you thought of any of them, Hunt isn't fit to lace their boots.
Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 20:49 - Jan 10 with 1553 viewsGogs

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 18:55 - Jan 10 by Dubtractor

it's solely the immigration aspect of Brexit. Ipswich has always been something of a marginal seat, and it didn't take too much finger pointing towards some certain elements of the immigrant community in Ipswich and the issues / problems that have arisen from them to swing things his way. Tom Hunt campaigned on a ticket of Brexit/Tories solving those issues and won easily.
Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 22:17 - Jan 10 with 1426 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Tom Hunt on the Daily Politics earlier. on 20:49 - Jan 10 by Gogs

it's solely the immigration aspect of Brexit. Ipswich has always been something of a marginal seat, and it didn't take too much finger pointing towards some certain elements of the immigrant community in Ipswich and the issues / problems that have arisen from them to swing things his way. Tom Hunt campaigned on a ticket of Brexit/Tories solving those issues and won easily.

Here is hoping that everyone so influenced will see exactly how hollow those promises were.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024