Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence 16:11 - Jan 10 with 4543 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

has gone quiet. Even the Bristol City fan who keeps popping up has disappeared, unless I've missed him. Not to mention the scrutiny of the coaching staff. Almost as if when you're winning this 'analysis' gets forgotten.

Not having a pop at anyone, it's great that none of this is being discussed. Long may it continue (because that means we're still doing well).

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 16:13 - Jan 10 with 3495 viewsJ2BLUE

It's utterly tragic that a few randoms from a no mark club like Bristol City can come on here and so easily poison the minds of people who couldn't post one factual thing he had actually done wrong.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 16:13 - Jan 10 with 3485 viewsfooters

What are you talking about? We're ten days into the window, haven't signed anyone, our best GK is being recalled and the whole thing's a fecking shambles. Ashton out.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 16:34 - Jan 10 with 3333 viewschrismakin

Give it a few weeks. We don't keep Walton and lose Bonne, he'll be the one who stupidly let a recall clause be included...

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 16:36 - Jan 10 with 3325 viewsChurchman

For goodness sake don’t mention the fixated Bristol weird - he will scuttle back on here soon enough I’ve no doubt.

You are right though - it’s great that coaches discussion, ‘analysis’ etc isn’t being talked about at the moment.
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 16:54 - Jan 10 with 3246 viewsclive_baker

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 16:13 - Jan 10 by J2BLUE

It's utterly tragic that a few randoms from a no mark club like Bristol City can come on here and so easily poison the minds of people who couldn't post one factual thing he had actually done wrong.

Weird psychology of the football fan, when an 'outsider' has a view it's treated as gospel by some. For all we know it could be their Chris Makin.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 18:41 - Jan 10 with 3027 viewsBlueBadger

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 16:54 - Jan 10 by clive_baker

Weird psychology of the football fan, when an 'outsider' has a view it's treated as gospel by some. For all we know it could be their Chris Makin.

He'd have changed his mind about him at least 48 time by now if he was...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:14 - Jan 10 with 2887 viewschrismakin

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 18:41 - Jan 10 by BlueBadger

He'd have changed his mind about him at least 48 time by now if he was...

Or said Mckenna is the new Mick.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:38 - Jan 10 with 2806 viewsFevsBCFC

Your forum asked for someone to come on and explain why our fanbase felt the way we did. I did that.

If you read my posts, you’ll find a lot of history, facts, mixed with some opinion.

I’ve not actually painted him as the devil, but some if your posters decided that because I didn’t paint him as the messiah either, that I must be jealous or a entitled or don’t like a bloke because he wears a suit (haha, what a joke accusation, I work in the Corporate world). I’ve explained that blame for our mess is not down to one person, but responsibility / accountability does feature in a CEO’s role spec.

It’s funny that you get a couple of results and decide that Ashton should take some credit, but when the previous manager loses a couple, Ashton cannot play a part in the culpability.

Talk about hypocrisy!

Hey-ho.

I have no animosity to your club, Ipswich is a good club (as a fan of another club). I hope you get back to the Championship.

You will continue to form and review your opinion of Mark Ashton as time goes on, I’m sure you’re all grown-up to form your own views.
Login to get fewer ads

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:43 - Jan 10 with 2797 viewsDyland

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:38 - Jan 10 by FevsBCFC

Your forum asked for someone to come on and explain why our fanbase felt the way we did. I did that.

If you read my posts, you’ll find a lot of history, facts, mixed with some opinion.

I’ve not actually painted him as the devil, but some if your posters decided that because I didn’t paint him as the messiah either, that I must be jealous or a entitled or don’t like a bloke because he wears a suit (haha, what a joke accusation, I work in the Corporate world). I’ve explained that blame for our mess is not down to one person, but responsibility / accountability does feature in a CEO’s role spec.

It’s funny that you get a couple of results and decide that Ashton should take some credit, but when the previous manager loses a couple, Ashton cannot play a part in the culpability.

Talk about hypocrisy!

Hey-ho.

I have no animosity to your club, Ipswich is a good club (as a fan of another club). I hope you get back to the Championship.

You will continue to form and review your opinion of Mark Ashton as time goes on, I’m sure you’re all grown-up to form your own views.

'It’s funny that you get a couple of results and decide that Ashton should take some credit, but when the previous manager loses a couple, Ashton cannot play a part in the culpability.'

What a swivel-eyed interpretation. Ashton is getting credit for hiring McKenna. He didn't hire Cook.

That apart, fair enough. I took your previous comments at face value.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:43 - Jan 10 with 2782 viewsKeno

Talk about hypocrisy!

Hey-ho.

You are making a very wild misplaced assumption on your last sentence

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Ha, innit! (n/t) on 19:45 - Jan 10 with 2775 viewsDyland

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:43 - Jan 10 by Keno

You are making a very wild misplaced assumption on your last sentence

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:47 - Jan 10 with 2748 viewsJ2BLUE

Talk about hypocrisy!

Hey-ho.

Bye

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:48 - Jan 10 with 2739 viewsFevsBCFC

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:43 - Jan 10 by Dyland

'It’s funny that you get a couple of results and decide that Ashton should take some credit, but when the previous manager loses a couple, Ashton cannot play a part in the culpability.'

What a swivel-eyed interpretation. Ashton is getting credit for hiring McKenna. He didn't hire Cook.

That apart, fair enough. I took your previous comments at face value.

Yeah, that’s fair.
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 19:51 - Jan 10 with 2720 viewsfooters

Talk about hypocrisy!

Hey-ho.

You've given your views repeatedly and are free to leave at any time.

To be honest, your obsession with a former employee of your tinpot club is a little strange.

Anyway, dismissed soldier.

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:28 - Jan 10 with 2615 viewsIllinoisblue

Talk about hypocrisy!

Hey-ho.

I look forward to the day when Bristol City achieve something, anything of note. It’ll never happen of course, but if it does before we all die do please come here and tell us about it.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:33 - Jan 10 with 2592 viewsDarth_Koont

Talk about hypocrisy!

Hey-ho.

Ignore us. Like most football fans, we’re largely windsocks when it comes to off-field matters. And most on-field matters too.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 20:33]

Pronouns: He/Him

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:49 - Jan 10 with 2528 viewsChurchman

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:28 - Jan 10 by Illinoisblue

I look forward to the day when Bristol City achieve something, anything of note. It’ll never happen of course, but if it does before we all die do please come here and tell us about it.

I don’t and please don’t.

Went to a Bristol Rovers Wembley game against Grimsby a few years ago (a friend follows Grimsby and it was a play off or FA Trophy game). We shared a drink or two with the Rovers supporters. A nice lot. They call Bristol City ‘Teds’. A much nicer name than the Sheffield clubs who call each other Pigs. Cute thought I. Then somebody told us the full version…..
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:56 - Jan 10 with 2499 viewsfabian_illness

Cut the Bristol guy a bit of slack.
He hasn’t given anyone a hard time.
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 21:04 - Jan 10 with 2464 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:56 - Jan 10 by fabian_illness

Indeed. No surprise at some of the names queueing up to take another pop at a fairly amicable poster either

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 21:11 - Jan 10 with 2442 viewsWakh

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 21:04 - Jan 10 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Indeed. No surprise at some of the names queueing up to take another pop at a fairly amicable poster either

He might be amicable, but if I camped out in my ex wives garage and jumped out occasionally to tell her family that she was a bitch, I would probably know that It would be best to move on.
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 21:13]
Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 22:40 - Jan 10 with 2262 viewsIllinoisblue

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:49 - Jan 10 by Churchman

I don’t and please don’t.

Went to a Bristol Rovers Wembley game against Grimsby a few years ago (a friend follows Grimsby and it was a play off or FA Trophy game). We shared a drink or two with the Rovers supporters. A nice lot. They call Bristol City ‘Teds’. A much nicer name than the Sheffield clubs who call each other Pigs. Cute thought I. Then somebody told us the full version…..

I’m going to have to look that up now…

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 22:45 - Jan 10 with 2231 viewsbournemouthblue

No offence to Bristol but they haven't been in the top flight for a considerably longer time than even us and seem to be in just about their best shape since whenever that was?

They've moved on a lot and Ashton was part of that, whether they like it or not, from an outsider looking in he helped progress them

They also forget what proceeded him, the likes of Clegg who was certainly not a football man
[Post edited 10 Jan 2022 22:50]

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 08:29 - Jan 11 with 1913 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 20:56 - Jan 10 by fabian_illness

I've not said he has.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 08:48 - Jan 11 with 1858 viewsBobbychase

Might be because Bristol City are having a terrible season. Almost as if Ashton wasn't the dead weight they made him out to be.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 08:50 - Jan 11 with 1845 viewsBobbychase

Funny how all the talk of Mark Ashton's influence on 22:40 - Jan 10 by Illinoisblue

I’m going to have to look that up now…

United fans call Wednesday fans pigs. Not sure it's the same in the other direction.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024