Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. 13:41 - Jan 11 with 4078 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

I've been wondering this for ages, but the longer Labour go without doing this, the more I think it must be in service of a larger strategic goal. Even Angela Rayner didn't call for his resignation when asked fairly directly on TV.

I think Labour are already confident he will be gone before the next election and don't want to give his replacement time to repair the damage. Also, the longer the Conservatives let Johnson stay in post the more collateral damage is done to their reputation rather than just Johnson's.

Just my musings but I'd be interested to know what others think.

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 13:09 - Jan 12 with 573 viewstractordownsouth

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 12:58 - Jan 12 by GlasgowBlue

Buy shares in Nadhim Zahawi. He's my dark horse.

Potentially a decent shout. If the party wants to completely distance themselves from Johnson, Johnny Mercer could be another wildcard. He could do a decent job if they want a more traditional Tory and he's won cross-party plaudits for his work with veterans.

If someone from the left of the party were to become leader, would they win back your vote? Although I guess there's the added dynamic of Labour presumably being the anti-SNP tactical vote in whichever Glasgow constituency you're in.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 13:10]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 13:17 - Jan 12 with 553 viewsHARRY10

What did for the Tories under Major was the sight of the guilty clinging on, try to brazen it out. Yet each was deemed to have committed the one 'offence'.

This is not the case with the bloated buffoon. He has overseen a government accused of numerous cases of corruption, not least the purchase of PPE. The failed track and trace/ failing to shut down early enough, the flat redecoration, Cummings supposed eye test, school meals, school exams.

If we were to ignore the shambles and lies over Brexit it would still be a sorry 2 years. But the mess that has caused and will continue to do suggest further problems ahead.

It is as if a drunk driver has hir the bank numerous times, bumoed into other cars and knocked a cyclist off the road. "Never mind say his passengers, he'll change his ways and be OK now, it won't happen again so we can let him continue."

Johnson has been a liar and serial incompetent throughout his working life, to say nothing of his private life (which merely backs the thought that he is a flawed character). Tories who do not take action now will undoubtedly be tarnished with the same brush and as at the beginning will also suffer.
Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 13:20 - Jan 12 with 546 viewstractordownsouth

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 13:17 - Jan 12 by HARRY10

What did for the Tories under Major was the sight of the guilty clinging on, try to brazen it out. Yet each was deemed to have committed the one 'offence'.

This is not the case with the bloated buffoon. He has overseen a government accused of numerous cases of corruption, not least the purchase of PPE. The failed track and trace/ failing to shut down early enough, the flat redecoration, Cummings supposed eye test, school meals, school exams.

If we were to ignore the shambles and lies over Brexit it would still be a sorry 2 years. But the mess that has caused and will continue to do suggest further problems ahead.

It is as if a drunk driver has hir the bank numerous times, bumoed into other cars and knocked a cyclist off the road. "Never mind say his passengers, he'll change his ways and be OK now, it won't happen again so we can let him continue."

Johnson has been a liar and serial incompetent throughout his working life, to say nothing of his private life (which merely backs the thought that he is a flawed character). Tories who do not take action now will undoubtedly be tarnished with the same brush and as at the beginning will also suffer.

John Bercow made a good point the other day that this is worse than the 1990s because back then the consensus was that Major was merely failing to control sleaze by others, rather than participating in it himself like Johnson.

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 15:36 - Jan 12 with 474 viewsCharlie_pl_baxter

Well this aged well...

Poll: We recruit two strikers, one has to be Bonne or Wickham, who would you have?

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 15:40 - Jan 12 with 460 viewsGlasgowBlue

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 13:04 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

It shouldn't matter.

Sometimes things shouldn't just be about politics and what is best for Labour or the Tories at this moment in time.

He's a fooking disgrace. He is devaluing the office and making the UK look like a political basketcase.

He has to go now, let's put the politics aside for once and make sure the right thing is done.

SB

I didn't say whether it matters or not. I simply stated that he has put his future into Sue Grey's hands.

Your view and mine over whether he should go is irrelevant. It isn't in our hands.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 15:42 - Jan 12 with 448 viewsCotty

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 15:40 - Jan 12 by GlasgowBlue

I didn't say whether it matters or not. I simply stated that he has put his future into Sue Grey's hands.

Your view and mine over whether he should go is irrelevant. It isn't in our hands.

Do you think he ever walked when trapped plum middle and leg as a young Etonian?
Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 15:48 - Jan 12 with 427 viewstractordownsouth

Scottish Tory leader Douglas Ross has called for Johnson to step down

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 17:34 - Jan 12 with 366 viewsGlasgowBlue

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 15:48 - Jan 12 by tractordownsouth

Scottish Tory leader Douglas Ross has called for Johnson to step down

Iron Lion Zion

Login to get fewer ads

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 17:39 - Jan 12 with 354 viewsStokieBlue

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 15:40 - Jan 12 by GlasgowBlue

Whilst that may be true for the individual it's not true for the public as an entity.

Regardless of the outcome of the investigation, if the public make it clear to constituency MPs that they aren't getting votes whilst Boris is in charge then the letters will steadily mount up and he will be gone.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 17:47 - Jan 12 with 341 viewschicoazul

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 12:44 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

I don't see how they can.

The public are going to get more and more upset with him being there another 3 months, it'll do more damage to the Tories than changing him now and the new person having to deal with those issues.

SB

No they won’t nobody cares.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 17:49 - Jan 12 with 334 viewsGlasgowBlue

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 17:39 - Jan 12 by StokieBlue

Whilst that may be true for the individual it's not true for the public as an entity.

Regardless of the outcome of the investigation, if the public make it clear to constituency MPs that they aren't getting votes whilst Boris is in charge then the letters will steadily mount up and he will be gone.

SB

It will come from Tory Councillors imo.

If I was still a sitting Tory Councillor, looking like I will lose my seat in the forthcoming May elections, then I'd be on the phone to my MP tonight putting pressure on him to submit a letter to the 1922 committee.

Iron Lion Zion

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 17:50 - Jan 12 with 334 viewsStokieBlue

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 17:47 - Jan 12 by chicoazul

No they won’t nobody cares.

Don't think that's true but we will see.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Some musings on why Labour haven't called for Johnson's resignation. on 17:55 - Jan 12 with 330 viewsHARRY10

The deafening silence fromm his cabinet and the rest of the Tory MPs is possibly more telling. I would expect the Scottish MPs to want to distance themselves from what is perceived as an English problem.

And it is not correct to state that what we think does not matter. Tory MPs were quite consistent in their statements about what their constituents thought of the Owen Paterson affair.

In fact, it will be voters who will decide, as with Major in the 1990's. There are too many councils up for grabs in May. Unless this is dealt with speedily, allowing the wound to fester, will take longer to heal when it is finally dealt with.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024