Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... 15:20 - Jan 12 with 703 viewsfactual_blue

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/essex-dinosaur-attraction-marsh-farm-south-woodham-f

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 15:27 - Jan 12 with 666 viewsFightingEssex

Interesting piece.

As a Essex native our county gets a bad reputation due to being depicted badly on terrible TV shows. Most of Essex is beautiful countryside, old Towns and very much rural in nature.

The "Mockney" accents are largely from the new settlers from London, along with the plastic culture and fake tans. Please do not think we are all like that, also if you want real examples of Essex speech and accents there are still great examples of it in the north of the county, and nearer Ipswich in places such as Manningtree and Colchester.

I suppose that makes us the dinosaurs? Ha!

Poll: Next Ipswich Town manager?

Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 16:51 - Jan 12 with 595 viewsfactual_blue

Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 15:27 - Jan 12 by FightingEssex

Interesting piece.

As a Essex native our county gets a bad reputation due to being depicted badly on terrible TV shows. Most of Essex is beautiful countryside, old Towns and very much rural in nature.

The "Mockney" accents are largely from the new settlers from London, along with the plastic culture and fake tans. Please do not think we are all like that, also if you want real examples of Essex speech and accents there are still great examples of it in the north of the county, and nearer Ipswich in places such as Manningtree and Colchester.

I suppose that makes us the dinosaurs? Ha!

My mum was raised in Halstead, which is in the Decent Part Of The County, not the god awful Basildon corner of Essex, not True British Patriots area centred on Clacton and A Place With Not Quite The Largest Village Green.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 18:46]

Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 18:06 - Jan 12 with 563 viewsdominiciawful

Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 16:51 - Jan 12 by factual_blue

My mum was raised in Halstead, which is in the Decent Part Of The County, not the god awful Basildon corner of Essex, not True British Patriots area centred on Clacton and A Place With Not Quite The Largest Village Green.

Braintree, and Halstead, accents are gradually being supplanted by the "cor fackin' blahmey" types.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 18:14 - Jan 12 with 545 viewsfactual_blue

Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 18:06 - Jan 12 by dominiciawful

Braintree, and Halstead, accents are gradually being supplanted by the "cor fackin' blahmey" types.

I can remember the railway station at Halstead (just about).

Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 18:16 - Jan 12 with 542 viewssolemio

Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 16:51 - Jan 12 by factual_blue

I didn't realise you are Scottish, Ixy.
Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 19:37 - Jan 12 with 506 viewsGuthrum

Hope they depict the dinosaurs properly, feathers and all.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 19:47 - Jan 12 with 496 viewssolemio

Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 18:16 - Jan 12 by solemio

I didn't realise you are Scottish, Ixy.

Well edited.
Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 23:42 - Jan 12 with 434 viewsronnyd

Well, certain parts of Essex are still renowned for dinosaurs..... on 18:14 - Jan 12 by factual_blue

I can remember the railway station at Halstead (just about).

The line went through the main street right near the bends at the bottom of the hill.Oh the lovely smell of steam trains.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024