Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments 16:31 - Jan 12 with 1762 viewsitfcjoe

....I'm nearly finished converting my garage in garden into a den and planning on sticking some shirts on the wall (much to my wife's annoyance)

I have grabbed a few and got them printed up - A 'Dyer 23' shirt from 2002 World Cup, a 'Wright 22' GK shirt from Euro 2000 and a 'Mings 15' from Euro 2020/1.

Was planning on trying to stick to ITFC related tournament shirts.....considering getting a NZ 2010 WC shirt (Smith 19), a 2018 Denmark (Knudsen 5), a 2002 Ireland (Holland 8) and a Poland 2018 GK shirt (Bialkowski 12)

Are there any glaring omissions from ITFC international players at tournaments (bearing in mind I'm in my mid 30s......other possibles were Guentchev from USA 94 and Thomsen from Euro 96 but not sure any ITFC players been at tournaments in recent times - maybe Amir Karic and Finidi at an AFCON but think I'll stick to World Cups

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:36 - Jan 12 with 1414 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Might be a bit of a stretch to include CONCACAF?

Craig Forrest. JDV, Carlos Edwards?

EDIT: I have just re-read the last sentence!! Doh!!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 16:42]

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:39 - Jan 12 with 1392 viewsKieran_Knows

Take the Holland one off the wall from in Curve Bar?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:39 - Jan 12 with 1389 viewsclive_baker

Bit of a stretch to say ITFC players at tournaments, Mings had long since left before he got that recognition. And Dyer had recently since left.

So based on that criteria there must be others. Ivan Campo Spain shirt for a bit of colour?

Just seen you're specifically talking WC tournaments, hmm...Campo was in the Spain squad 1998. Just checked, he actually played against Finidi in their opening group game.

Jason Scotland was in the Trinidad and Tobago squad in 2006.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 16:47]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:41 - Jan 12 with 1358 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:39 - Jan 12 by clive_baker

Bit of a stretch to say ITFC players at tournaments, Mings had long since left before he got that recognition. And Dyer had recently since left.

So based on that criteria there must be others. Ivan Campo Spain shirt for a bit of colour?

Just seen you're specifically talking WC tournaments, hmm...Campo was in the Spain squad 1998. Just checked, he actually played against Finidi in their opening group game.

Finidi George.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:42 - Jan 12 with 1357 viewspelles321

Both Burley (21) and Wark (10) were in the Scotland 1982 World Cup squad.
ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:42 - Jan 12 with 1335 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Is Butcher in 90 too far out of your zone?

Jonny Williams and Kieffer Moore from Wales' Euro 2020/21 campaign, but I don't know if you want to include a loan or a player who didn't make it here but then went on to greater things? If loans are ok, then Ryan Fraser played for Scotland in Euro 2020/21 as well.
ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:47 - Jan 12 with 1296 viewsSwansea_Blue

Gio?
Tom Lawrence may have made a tournament finals (not sure).
Jonny Williams played in the last Euros I think. But again another loan.

Depends whether you're counting loans (or if the player had to be with us at the time).

Bera had a bunch of caps, but I bet Scotland didn't make it to a tournament final during his time.

Edit - Celina?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 16:49]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:50 - Jan 12 with 1278 viewsMetal_Hacker

I once played with Jason Dozzell for South Suffolk back in 81-82 in a tournament at Ransomes I think it was - think he wore the number 10 if memory serves me correct

Played against teams from Holland ,Belgium and Germany

We played in Red and Black stripes - think 92-93 third kit

Happy to help

Edit - and I’ve still got an old picture - Me to Jason’s right (excuse the hair cut )

https://imgur.com/gallery/2cbpKeY
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 16:56]

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:54 - Jan 12 with 1237 viewsfranz_tyson

Sam Morsy.

2018 World Cup.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 18:46]
ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:55 - Jan 12 with 1234 viewsPinewoodblue

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:42 - Jan 12 by pelles321

Burley never made the starting eleven, nor the bench .. Wark played every minute,

How about including Wark & Butcher to represent earlier internationals.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:55 - Jan 12 with 1234 viewsclive_baker

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:47 - Jan 12 by Swansea_Blue

Gio?
Tom Lawrence may have made a tournament finals (not sure).
Jonny Williams played in the last Euros I think. But again another loan.

Depends whether you're counting loans (or if the player had to be with us at the time).

Bera had a bunch of caps, but I bet Scotland didn't make it to a tournament final during his time.

Edit - Celina?
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 16:49]

GIO!

2010 world cup, he was class.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:58 - Jan 12 with 1198 viewsPinewoodblue

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:55 - Jan 12 by clive_baker

GIO!

2010 world cup, he was class.

And London Olympics.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 17:05 - Jan 12 with 1173 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:39 - Jan 12 by clive_baker

Whilst a stretch with Dyer and Mings they feel very much Ipswich players to me, Dyer especially, and very successful players that came through here then went on to bigger things - as opposed to journeymen just stopping in in their career

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 17:06 - Jan 12 with 1165 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:42 - Jan 12 by ArnoldMoorhen

Is Butcher in 90 too far out of your zone?

Jonny Williams and Kieffer Moore from Wales' Euro 2020/21 campaign, but I don't know if you want to include a loan or a player who didn't make it here but then went on to greater things? If loans are ok, then Ryan Fraser played for Scotland in Euro 2020/21 as well.

I didn’t watch Italia 90 but have got a shirt with a 6 on it for Butcher and debating whether or not to include it….

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 17:10 - Jan 12 with 1137 viewsDennyx4

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:50 - Jan 12 by Metal_Hacker

I once played with Jason Dozzell for South Suffolk back in 81-82 in a tournament at Ransomes I think it was - think he wore the number 10 if memory serves me correct

Played against teams from Holland ,Belgium and Germany

We played in Red and Black stripes - think 92-93 third kit

Happy to help

Edit - and I’ve still got an old picture - Me to Jason’s right (excuse the hair cut )

https://imgur.com/gallery/2cbpKeY
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 16:56]

Nice photo - The Goalkeeper looks like the smallest player in the squad...
ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 17:13 - Jan 12 with 1101 viewsMetal_Hacker

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 17:10 - Jan 12 by Dennyx4

Nice photo - The Goalkeeper looks like the smallest player in the squad...

Yeah he was small for a keeper but the best around at the time

He was one hell of a rugby player too when at Northgate High

Poll: If it were one or the other

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 17:18 - Jan 12 with 1073 viewstractorboy1978

Sven robbed you of Darren Bent, unfortunately.
ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 18:13 - Jan 12 with 931 viewsIllinoisblue

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 17:18 - Jan 12 by tractorboy1978

Saw Bent moaning on twitter this morning about (lack of) coverage or insight into AFCON. Well Darren, you work for a national broadcaster, have at it. Maybe less time promoting sh!tty betting websites would be good too.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 18:18 - Jan 12 with 900 viewsPJH

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 16:42 - Jan 12 by pelles321

and Brazil (9) with Mills, Butcher and Mariner in England squad.

edit-also Baltacha (5) in USSR (as it then was) squad but that was well before his time with ITFC.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 18:21]
ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 18:30 - Jan 12 with 849 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Does "bearing in mind I'm in my mid 30s" mean anyone from longer ago does not count or you just can't recall them? Surely there are some glaring omissions if they are allowed such as Mick Mills! I would suggest he is well worth including even if you never got to see him play.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 18:42 - Jan 12 with 813 viewstractordownsouth

Finidi played at the World Cup too didn't he? Ivan Campo too, unless you're going for players who had been at ITFC before their tournament appearances?

Edit: Just seen your above post.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2022 18:43]

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 18:48 - Jan 12 with 786 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 18:30 - Jan 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Does "bearing in mind I'm in my mid 30s" mean anyone from longer ago does not count or you just can't recall them? Surely there are some glaring omissions if they are allowed such as Mick Mills! I would suggest he is well worth including even if you never got to see him play.

I bought a knock off 82 shirt and got a 12 on it as was Mills number but it just doesn’t look anything as is just a plain white shirt with a plain red 12 on it. The benefit of anything post 92 is they have names as well

The Butcher 90 shirt is recognisable due to the pattern of the shirt and the number is very unique because loads walk round with the Gazza 19 shirt

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 18:49 - Jan 12 with 770 viewsNthQldITFC

Christ. I knew Warky was good, but to be in a World Cup squad at that age is something else.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 18:55 - Jan 12 with 748 viewsitfcjoe

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 17:18 - Jan 12 by tractorboy1978

Yep, I’ve still not forgiven

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 18:56 - Jan 12 with 744 viewsNthsuffolkblue

ITFC related shirt display....players at international tournaments on 18:48 - Jan 12 by itfcjoe

I bought a knock off 82 shirt and got a 12 on it as was Mills number but it just doesn’t look anything as is just a plain white shirt with a plain red 12 on it. The benefit of anything post 92 is they have names as well

The Butcher 90 shirt is recognisable due to the pattern of the shirt and the number is very unique because loads walk round with the Gazza 19 shirt

I see. I guess you can't get decent replicas from the previous World Cups.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024